Windows 10: Cant use pc

Discus and support Cant use pc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Well, I can use it, but it's very slow and I can't access the internet. I think it's because of something I downloaded, which installed viruses and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ScarfyPeter, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Cant use pc

Well, I can use it, but it's very slow and I can't access the internet. I think it's because of something I downloaded, which installed viruses and malware onto my pc. I think this because when I go to the Task Manager, there are programs that are not mine that I cannot end (it says access is denied). I've tried everything! Please help me!

:)

ScarfyPeter, Jul 15, 2016
  2. lily chan Win User

Windows 10 and Windows Movie Maker

umm.... my pc cant find movie maker can anyone help me the pc's search cant find it so I cant use it help if u can

lily chan, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Can't use PC after a PC reset on Windows 10

Hello all,

Due to my PC running slow since upgraded to Windows 10, I decided to go ahead and try resetting my PC.

I went ahead and used Windows 10's reset your PC option and followed through it's questions.

After answering the initial Windows questions (name, country, etc.) I logged in and found my desktop was completely black.

I thought it odd that there wasn't some generic background.

I went to start up some apps and get to downloading, but I can't launch any apps.

Please help, I can not interact with my PC in any useful manner.

KrystalWoody, Jul 15, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Cant use pc

Suggest you d/l & run RKill. This will attempt to terminate known malware processes. DO NOT REBOOT after running it.

RKill Download

Next, d/l SuperAntiSpyware Portable scanner. Read the documentation on the page & run a scan.

SUPERAntiSpyware - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner

Also, d/l & run TDSSKiller to insure no rootkits are present.

TDSSKiller Download

Cant use pc [​IMG]
    Note When running TDSSKiller, launch the program, click on the blue text "Change Parameters" & check the box marked "Detect TDLFS File system." Click OK & then run the scan.

After running those scanners, d/l, install & run Malwarebytes (The free edition will work fine). Do a full system scan & quarantine anything it finds.

Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

In the event that RKill cannot terminate all the processes and you are having problems running any of the malware scanners because the malware is stopping them from running, suggest you boot into safe mode & then run the scanners.

I hope this helps.

Borg 386, Jul 15, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    Bastet, Jul 15, 2016
  6. After running those scanners, d/l, install & run Malwarebytes (The free edition will work fine). Do a full system scan & quarantine anything it finds.

Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

In the event that RKill cannot terminate all the processes and you are having problems running any of the malware scanners because the malware is stopping them from running, suggest you boot into safe mode & then run the scanners.

I hope this helps. For some reason, SuperAntiSpyware wouldn't work!

ScarfyPeter, Jul 15, 2016
  7. I recommend you to visit Malwarebytes Community Forum to have one of their expert malware removal assistance member taking care of your PC. Once you're on that site, make a new account and head to this section(I'm infected - What do I do now? - Malware Removal Help - Malwarebytes Forums) to read what you need to submit so the malware removal expert can assist you further. After you read all of that and understand, head to this section (Malware Removal Help - Malwarebytes Forums) with your new account just make and create a thread with your problem describe and logs that they required to assist you. Remember, the malware removal make take up 1 or 2 days depend how many infections and damages that cause on your system.

The reason I ask you to do this because those experts on Malwarebytes Community Forum know how to deal with them, and able to resurrect your PC from infected stage to a working condition stage.

RubberDucky, Jul 16, 2016
  8. Borg 386 Win User

Cant use pc

Suggest you run it while your OS is running in safe mode.

Also, as Doctor9fan suggested, adwcleaner is another good tool, as well as Eset online scanner.

Depending on the severity of the infection, you may want to consider a reset or a refresh.

Reset Windows 10

Refresh Windows 10

Borg 386, Jul 16, 2016
  9. I agree with you. Reinstall the OS seems to be a good and simple solution to solve virus infection, but just think how many apps you have to reinstall is such a pain in the butt if you have slow internet connection.

RubberDucky, Jul 16, 2016
  10. Borg 386 Win User
    Yeah, it is a PIA, but sometimes you have no choice but to bite the bullet & start over.

This is the reason making a regular system image is a good idea. Should disaster strike, you can restore to when you made the image.

ScarfyPeter, I know this doesn't help now, but consider making these on a regular basis down the road once your current problems are cleared up. A system image is also a lifesaver should ransomware strike.

System Image - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cant use pc

1. Cant use pc - Similar Threads - Cant

2. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  3. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  4. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in: I have done a pc reset to set up new user but it has old user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-computer-and-cant-get-into-it-to/26b72641-6c54-4e93-9768-0d9431da250e
  6. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in: I have done a pc reset to set up new user but it has old user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-computer-and-cant-get-into-it-to/26b72641-6c54-4e93-9768-0d9431da250e
  7. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. cant open file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant open file explorer: cant open file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-file-explorer/85763c2a-46c0-4b44-843a-aa246327bfbc
  9. cant open file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open file explorer: cant open file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-file-explorer/85763c2a-46c0-4b44-843a-aa246327bfbc
  10. cant open file explorer