Windows 10: Can't use Taskman.exe even after renaming it.

Discus and support Can't use Taskman.exe even after renaming it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; That's pretty much it. I've run sfc and dism with no errors. Renaming taskman.exe to another name lets me open the 'shell' of the program, but there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by adracamas, Jul 23, 2018.

1. adracamas Win User

Can't use Taskman.exe even after renaming it.

That's pretty much it.

I've run sfc and dism with no errors.

Renaming taskman.exe to another name lets me open the 'shell' of the program, but there is no info inside of it. Just an empty shell.

:)

adracamas, Jul 23, 2018
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

amd5750m, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Can't rename folder.

Thank you for following the steps. What we can try is using the Command Prompt to rename the folder. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "command prompt".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter this command: cd /X: (X represents the drive where the folder is).
    • Copy and paste this command after entering the first one: icacls * /T /Q /C /RESET.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows

Dennis Mop, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Can't use Taskman.exe even after renaming it.

My .exe files are renamed by putting g ahead of it.

All the exe files of various softwares are copied and renamed as g____.exe.For eg my fifa18.exe is now just 562kb in size and there is another .exe named gfifa18.exe of size 176496kb.

Adityashrtv, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Can't use Taskman.exe even after renaming it.

1. Can't use Taskman.exe even after renaming it. - Similar Threads - Can't Taskman exe

2. Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE: This is not a question, rather, it's a post that I hope will help someone else. Like many people/orgs we recently were impacted with the Chrome "Aw, Snap" error. In our case, the error code was: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.Most posted answers included a "solution" to rename the...
  3. Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE: This is not a question, rather, it's a post that I hope will help someone else. Like many people/orgs we recently were impacted with the Chrome "Aw, Snap" error. In our case, the error code was: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.Most posted answers included a "solution" to rename the...
  4. Chrome "Aw, Snap": Solution, Not Renaming EXE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Rename A File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Rename A File: Hello, I wanted to rename a movie because gom player doesn't play long names. When i try to change it's name it changes back to original name. I couldn't fix it please help. submitted by /u/Bilge1212 [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd: Some of my apps were not launching so I followed a Youtube tutorial and changed a value in .exe folder in registry but nothing changed so I went back and reversed the changes in registry. After doing that I cannot launch any .exe file, neither regedit nor cmd. And no system...
  7. RB_1.3.77.44.exe - can't even scan it w/o changing owner!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RB_1.3.77.44.exe - can't even scan it w/o changing owner!!: I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1) The actual questions here are in this blue color. 1. I have a suspicious .exe on my Dell 7577 laptop. My machine seems very sluggish, and it has happened twice that taskmanager reported this .exe as taking 20% of...
  8. Can't install exe files after download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install exe files after download: Need your help with this and I am not sure exactly what happen with this. Anyway for the last two days I download the files in zip from the Internet like one is Majorgeeks (mostly). No problem to download onto downloads folder then unzip the exe file to temporary folder on...
  9. Can't run any .exe after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run any .exe after upgrade: I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and everytime I try to run a .exe I get this error: [img] I don't know what to do. 14041
  10. Can't rename. File in use.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename. File in use.: I keep getting an error message about renaming a file that is in use. I made sure everything is closed, including files, folders & programs. I closed windows explorer as well. The file I want to rename is definitely not open anywhere. Help Please, 44380