Windows 10: Can't use the back button to go back to Google Search Results.

Discus and support Can't use the back button to go back to Google Search Results. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can't use the back button to go back to Google Search Results. Any fix? We notice this in Seamonkey 2.40 I also read this is kind of an on going... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by groze, Sep 5, 2016.

1. groze Win User

Can't use the back button to go back to Google Search Results.

Can't use the back button to go back to Google Search Results. Any fix? We notice this in Seamonkey 2.40 I also read this is kind of an on going problem but couldn't find a solution that why I am asking here. I read it has happen in Firefox, Internet Explorer and ironically Google Chrome. I don't know if this happens in Opera (Chrome engine) or Palemoon (Non gecko engine) current versions. Doesn't matter what operating system I am using. Windows 7, 10 or Linux.

:)

groze, Sep 5, 2016

2. How to go back to the search results page in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• How you are searching ? Is it through a start menu or through a web browser?

If you are searching, then back option is available on both IE and Edge.

And if you are searching through a start menu, then go back to the previous application is not possible.I also suggest you to check the article below and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/search

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Sep 5, 2016
  3. How to go back to the search results page in Windows 10

Thank you much for you reply. I am searching through search box on the task bar and wondering how to return to the search results list page having just executed and got before. As I used to do in Windows 8.1, I could search via search charm and go
    back to the search results page by moving pointer to top-left corner and click. (ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/search-apps-files-settings)

Zhongming Zhu, Sep 5, 2016
  4. heinz 41 Win User

heinz 41, Sep 5, 2016
  5. groze Win User
    Thank you, but that not what I meant but that I might still install that. In Seamonkey, when doing a google search. After, I click a link. I can't use the back button to go back to the google search results list it will go back to google home page or google search results that is blank or not go back at all. Yes, instant results are turned off. I read this effects Firefox & maybe other browsers. I was posting here in case there was a fix. It doesn't matter what operating system you are using either.

groze, Sep 5, 2016
  6. Jeddie Win User
    Just found this thread. I have the same problem with Microsoft Edge.

Is there a solution? Or are we waiting for Microsoft to fix?

Jeddie, Sep 11, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    I've just had this in Internet Explorer, so it seems to be independent of the browser you use. I've also found that it only happens for certain sites. For some search results you can go back, others you can't. It's also difficult to reproduce. A slightly different set of search terms can throw up the same link to the same site that had problems previously, but one from which you can go back.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't use the back button to go back to Google Search Results. - Similar Threads - Can't button Google

2. Use of Back button on answers.microsoft.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of Back button on answers.microsoft.com: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_button defines the Back Button as "a common web browser feature that retrieves the previous resource"Use Case1. I search for information about using a Microsoft product such as 'Skype' on the Google search engine.2. I click a link that takes...
  3. Use of Back button on answers.microsoft.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use of Back button on answers.microsoft.com: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_button defines the Back Button as "a common web browser feature that retrieves the previous resource"Use Case1. I search for information about using a Microsoft product such as 'Skype' on the Google search engine.2. I click a link that takes...
  4. How to go back to old search button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to old search button: Hey, so I updated my computer today and now instead of a little magnifying glass in the taskbar I have this horrendous looking little oval affair. How do I go back to just the magnifying glass?...
  5. How to go back to old search button

How to go back to old search button: Hey, so I updated my computer today and now instead of a little magnifying glass in the taskbar I have this horrendous looking little oval affair. How do I go back to just the magnifying glass?...
  6. How to back to old icon for search button?

How to back to old icon for search button?: as image , I really really really dislike new search button icon , did I have any options to recover previous icon?thanks.newold https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-back-to-old-icon-for-search-button/eaffef42-9c1d-4f00-88e3-9531960bf028
  7. Can't go back to administrator

Can't go back to administrator: Actually, I accidentally changed my account type from administrator to device owner and now I don't know how to make it right. There is no other administrator so I can't go back to admin....
  8. Can't go back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't go back to administrator: Actually, I accidentally changed my account type from administrator to device owner and now I don't know how to make it right. There is no other administrator so I can't go back to admin....
  9. go back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back: if I go back to win 7, can I reinstall 10 later before the year is up? there is a few bugs that maybe they will fix in the coming months, so I am planning to go back to 7 and watch what is happening 12659
  10. Use chrome/google as default for search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Use chrome/google as default for search results: How can I -Use chrome/google for search results Currently when we type anything into the taskbar search, it launches Edge + Bing to give the results. I would like it to use google and my chrome browser cos I find it gives better results. 8782