Windows 10: Cant view Advanced Power Settings after turning off Connected Standby

Discus and support Cant view Advanced Power Settings after turning off Connected Standby in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 4 (windows 10) and want to modify my Power Plan in order to stop the fan coming on every 5 mins when using Chrome. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by steve257, Feb 24, 2017.

1. steve257 Win User

Cant view Advanced Power Settings after turning off Connected Standby

I have a Surface Pro 4 (windows 10) and want to modify my Power Plan in order to stop the fan coming on every 5 mins when using Chrome.

I have turned off Connected Standby by "Double clicking on CsEnabled and changing Value data from 1 to 0." However, after rebooting I can still not view Advanced Power Settings even though Value is now 0.

Does anyone know why?
    Thanks.*Biggrin

:)

steve257, Feb 24, 2017
  2. VmanEF Win User

Lumia 1520 loses WiFi IP address after going into standby

I have nearly the same issue with my 1520. In my WLAN settings it still shows the 192.168.0.103 from my DHCP (locked for 1520 MAC adress) but after standby all apps say "unable to connect".

--> Switching WLAN off and back on works for my phone

- power saving mode is turned off

- WLAN is set to not go into standby while display turns off

(I'm using it with German settings, so hopefully you get what I mean)

VmanEF, Feb 24, 2017
  3. 6300 Clock

(Try turning powersaver off and turn on active standby)

Select Menu > Settings > Display and from the available options:

Power saver — to save some battery power. The date and a digital clock are displayed when no function of the device is

used for a certain time.

The active standby mode displays a list of selected device features and information that you can directly access.

To switch active standby on or off, select Menu > Settings > Display > Active standby > Active standby mode > On or Off.

okinawa---01, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Cant view Advanced Power Settings after turning off Connected Standby

Welcome to the TenForums @steve257

Do you have restore points enabled, did you create a restore point before you changed registry and can you do a system restore to an earlier time?

My understanding is that connected stand by is a power state that allows your machines to keep certain apps up to date while your device is sleeping, like in case you get an email it will bong.

I would restore and go from there.

Caledon Ken, Feb 24, 2017
Thema:

Cant view Advanced Power Settings after turning off Connected Standby

1. Cant view Advanced Power Settings after turning off Connected Standby - Similar Threads - Cant view Advanced

2. Connect standby = not supported Laptop turns off as soon as I unplug it from the power...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect standby = not supported Laptop turns off as soon as I unplug it from the power...: I have an Acer Aspire E5-574 laptop which I have been using for almost 4 years.Today when I tried to switch on my laptop it did not turn on, I tried connecting it to the AC adapter but the charging indicator did not even turn on. I took my adapter to a shop and they gave me a...
  3. Bluetooth cant be turned on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth cant be turned on after turning it off: I bought a asus laptop and after i do anything that would turn bluetooth off (sleep mode, or turning it off in the settings) the bluetooth will not turn on and will show error code 43 in device manager until i reboot the pc, i have tried replacing the bluetooth module with...
  4. Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display turning on immediately after turn off timer in power settings.: Whenever the timer goes off, the monitors turn black, but immediately power back on as if something is constantly waking them up. My desktop has had a similar issue before of the monitor never turning off, but that turned out to be a controller being plugged in issue for some...
  5. Which Standby mode is it after the display is turned off when CsEnabled is set to 0?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which Standby mode is it after the display is turned off when CsEnabled is set to 0?: Hi, I configured Registry to disable CsEnabled in Windows 10. Before this, both turning off the display and making the laptop sleep would let it enter Connected Standby. After I changed the value of CsEnabled to 0, making the laptop sleep through the Windows menu would...
  6. Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off.: Laptop still turns off even when advanced power settings are set to never turn off on any setting un plugged or plugged in but it still does and I cant leave my computer for more than 2 minutes without it turning off witch leaves me stuck trying to download something that...
  7. advanced power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  8. Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...: Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It Still Turns-off Display or Goes Into Standby. Why do SO many Windows 10 Updates precipitate NEW problems like this one - and recently LOSS User Accounts, Wireless Adaptor problems,...
  9. Cant find view advanced settings under advanced

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant find view advanced settings under advanced: Hello I cant find view advanced settings under advanced and when I enable adobe flash player it still says its off even though I have it on I don't know why its happening 140050
  10. Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings)

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings): Hello just few days ago monitor (Asus PG278Q) started turning off after 10 min while watching media or idle. Checked screensaver: set to 'none' Checked power settings: max performance, set to never shut down or sleep. What else can turn off monitor except screensaver...