Windows 10: Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin

Discus and support Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently fitted an SSD for the main operating system and important files. The Hard-drive which had the operating system is now used as a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Agh55, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Agh55 Win User

Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin

Hi, I recently fitted an SSD for the main operating system and important files. The Hard-drive which had the operating system is now used as a second drive (E Drive). I never deleted the operating system but use the drive to store folders and files. I have discovered the recyle bin on this 2nd drive has approx 300 files in it but I cant view them.

I have enabled the following;
    Hidden items, File name extensions, Item check boxes and show hidden files, folders and drives. How can i view these files, also when I delete a file from the secondary drive, should it go to the SSD which is now the
    C drive.

:)

Agh55, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Winndows 10 delete multiple files or folders do not show in recycle bin

Hi R-A-M-A-I-R,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Where is the folder located? Is it on your primary hard drive where the Windows 10 is installed/ secondary hard drive/ external hard drives like flash drive etc.?(which you have deleted accidentally)

• Since when you are facing this issue?

• Have you enabled the option “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted” under the Recycle Bin properties?
    Until you will get back to us, you may follow the below suggestions and check if it helps.

This happens when you permanently delete a file from your computer without sending it to the Recycle Bin by clicking the file and then pressing
    Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

Try the steps and check whether this issue is happening with all folders in computer or particular folders to isolate the issue.

• Open the Desktop, right click on the empty area and click on
      New and then click on Folder.

• Now, new folder might have been created on your desktop.

• Right click on your New folder (which you have created) and click on
      Delete.

• Now, open the Recycle bin and check if you are able to see the folder which you have deleted.
    You may disable the steps if you have enabled the option “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted” in Recycle bin folder.

• Open the Desktop, locate the Recycle bin, right click on it and select
      Properties.

• Select the drive on which you are facing this issue (like C:\ or D:\ or F:\ etc.)

• Click on Custom size option instead of “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted

• Check the box Display delete confirmation dialog.

• Click on Apply and OK buttons.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin - Similar Threads - Cant view deleted

2. Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.: I have unclicked delete immediately. I have unclicked Storage Sense. I have uninstalled NORTON and rebooted. Windows is still permanently deleting files when moved to the bin? WTH ?? How do I fix this? I want the option to empty the bin when I blasted well want to empty the...
  3. Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.: I have unclicked delete immediately. I have unclicked Storage Sense. I have uninstalled NORTON and rebooted. Windows is still permanently deleting files when moved to the bin? WTH ?? How do I fix this? I want the option to empty the bin when I blasted well want to empty the...
  4. cant view media files

cant view media files: This issue been affecting my pc for a year. The longer I ignore it the more I notice it.Whenever I hover the mouse on a video on youtube for example. Half the bottom of the video just flickrs and becomes unwatchable. some browsers do and some don't.The bigger issue its not...
  5. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  6. Deleted files not showing in Recycle Bin in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Deleted files not showing in Recycle Bin in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10 OS if you accidentally delete a file, you can restore it […] This article Deleted files not showing in Recycle Bin in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  8. Cant delete a folder on the recycle bin

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant delete a folder on the recycle bin: Recently i've had problems with my PC, after loggin in theres only a black screen and the cursor, task manager works fine and all the non-microsoft store programs, even trying to open ms-settings: doesnt work, i followed the steps from this thread but that didnt fix the...
  9. Deleted files can not be viewed in Recycle Bin - Windows 10

Deleted files can not be viewed in Recycle Bin - Windows 10: When I first boot my PC, I can open the Recycle Bin and see all of my deleted files. Class the bin and reopen it and they are gone. I can repeat this by rebooting. Any help appreciated....
  10. Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin: Hi, I recently fitted an SSD for the main operating system and important files. The Hard-drive which had the operating system is now used as a second drive (E Drive). I never deleted the operating system but use the drive to store folders and files. I have discovered the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recently deleted files registry recover

2. windows 10 registry dont move files to recycle bin