Windows 10: Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin

Discus and support Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently fitted an SSD for the main operating system and important files. The Hard-drive which had the operating system is now used as a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Agh55, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Agh55 Win User

Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin

Hi, I recently fitted an SSD for the main operating system and important files. The Hard-drive which had the operating system is now used as a second drive (E Drive). I never deleted the operating system but use the drive to store folders and files. I have discovered the recyle bin on this 2nd drive has approx 300 files in it but I cant view them.

I have enabled the following;
    Hidden items, File name extensions, Item check boxes and show hidden files, folders and drives. How can i view these files, also when I delete a file from the secondary drive, should it go to the SSD which is now the
    C drive.

:)

Agh55, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Kiran Kishore Win User
    Winndows 10 delete multiple files or folders do not show in recycle bin

Hi R-A-M-A-I-R,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Where is the folder located? Is it on your primary hard drive where the Windows 10 is installed/ secondary hard drive/ external hard drives like flash drive etc.?(which you have deleted accidentally)

• Since when you are facing this issue?

• Have you enabled the option “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted” under the Recycle Bin properties?
    Until you will get back to us, you may follow the below suggestions and check if it helps.

This happens when you permanently delete a file from your computer without sending it to the Recycle Bin by clicking the file and then pressing
    Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

Try the steps and check whether this issue is happening with all folders in computer or particular folders to isolate the issue.

• Open the Desktop, right click on the empty area and click on
      New and then click on Folder.

• Now, new folder might have been created on your desktop.

• Right click on your New folder (which you have created) and click on
      Delete.

• Now, open the Recycle bin and check if you are able to see the folder which you have deleted.
    You may disable the steps if you have enabled the option “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted” in Recycle bin folder.

• Open the Desktop, locate the Recycle bin, right click on it and select
      Properties.

• Select the drive on which you are facing this issue (like C:\ or D:\ or F:\ etc.)

• Click on Custom size option instead of “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted

• Check the box Display delete confirmation dialog.

• Click on Apply and OK buttons.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin - Similar Threads - Cant view deleted

2. Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin: Hi, I recently fitted an SSD for the main operating system and important files. The Hard-drive which had the operating system is now used as a second drive (E Drive). I never deleted the operating system but use the drive to store folders and files. I have discovered the...
  3. Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary Internet Files Cant Delete Windows 10: hi guys, cant deleit more than 6 gb Temporary Internet Files I try ccleaner and all stuuf but still see 6GB any ideas? *Smile 14262
  4. CCleaner show deleted files in bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner show deleted files in bin: Hello, I don't know if my W10 registry is messed up or why does CCleaner show files in recycle bin that Windows does not show. CCleaner shows 2 files that has been there but are deleted. See attachment. If this is fixable don't want to re-install W10 because of this. have...
  5. Cant delete video file (picaview)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete video file (picaview): i have a video file that I need to delete, but when I do, it says its open in picaview.com, but I don't have a picaview on my computer, can someone help please, is this a virus, sorry if ive posted in the wrong place 56088
  6. File with 0KB In Downloads Cant Delete It

in Windows 10 Support
    File with 0KB In Downloads Cant Delete It: I need your help guys. I have a file in my Downloads and it says is 0KB exactly but when I try to delete it gives me the following - Could not find this item. This file is no longer located, Verify the items location and try again. Now it says Type - File , Size - 0 bytes....
  7. Set Recycle Bin to Permanently Delete Files Immediately in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Recycle Bin to Permanently Delete Files Immediately in Windows 10: hi there win 10 Turn Off Permanently Delete Files for Selected Recycle Bin Location does not take - I can only permanently delete files - I want to set it back to send files to recycle bin but the setting does not ttake is there a reg hack? cheers dan 32831
  8. Control Panel & Recycle Bin view in File Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel & Recycle Bin view in File Manager: Control Panel and Recycle Bin items do not appear at the left in Windows 10 HOME File Explorer, as they do on a Windows 10 Pro PC, despite having the identical VIEW items checked in Folder Options, Registry tweak, perhaps? Gracias 64289
  9. Cant delete as "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant delete as "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable": Hi Have a folder with some subfolders that just wont delete. Can move and rename. Cannot cut and paste to another drive. I have tried the following which results in the same, just doesnt delete. Takeownership Grant me admin CMD Prompt running with admin del...
  10. DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Support
    DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??: I used Unlocker to get rid of ALL the "Protected" Files I had in C:\ temp folder from a NovaBackup Restore. ALL deleted files t into the Recycle Bin. I forgot to change setting in Recycle Bin Properties to Delete files and NOT save them. Well, ALL the files are now in...