Windows 10: Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin

Discus and support Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I recently fitted an SSD for the main operating system and important files. The Hard-drive which had the operating system is now used as a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Agh55, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Agh55 Win User

Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin

Hi, I recently fitted an SSD for the main operating system and important files. The Hard-drive which had the operating system is now used as a second drive (E Drive). I never deleted the operating system but use the drive to store folders and files. I have discovered the recyle bin on this 2nd drive has approx 300 files in it but I cant view them.

I have enabled the following;
    Hidden items, File name extensions, Item check boxes and show hidden files, folders and drives. How can i view these files, also when I delete a file from the secondary drive, should it go to the SSD which is now the
    C drive.

:)

Agh55, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Winndows 10 delete multiple files or folders do not show in recycle bin

Hi R-A-M-A-I-R,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Where is the folder located? Is it on your primary hard drive where the Windows 10 is installed/ secondary hard drive/ external hard drives like flash drive etc.?(which you have deleted accidentally)

• Since when you are facing this issue?

• Have you enabled the option “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted” under the Recycle Bin properties?
    Until you will get back to us, you may follow the below suggestions and check if it helps.

This happens when you permanently delete a file from your computer without sending it to the Recycle Bin by clicking the file and then pressing
    Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

Try the steps and check whether this issue is happening with all folders in computer or particular folders to isolate the issue.

• Open the Desktop, right click on the empty area and click on
      New and then click on Folder.

• Now, new folder might have been created on your desktop.

• Right click on your New folder (which you have created) and click on
      Delete.

• Now, open the Recycle bin and check if you are able to see the folder which you have deleted.
    You may disable the steps if you have enabled the option “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted” in Recycle bin folder.

• Open the Desktop, locate the Recycle bin, right click on it and select
      Properties.

• Select the drive on which you are facing this issue (like C:\ or D:\ or F:\ etc.)

• Click on Custom size option instead of “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted

• Check the box Display delete confirmation dialog.

• Click on Apply and OK buttons.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin

Items will not go to the recycle bin in WIndows 10, all "Permanently" delete

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

Please be informed that, if you are pressing
    Delete key from the Keyboard then the deleted data will reside in the Recycle Bin. If you are pressing
    Shift + Delete keys from the Keyboard then the deleted data will not reside in the Recycle Bin

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change settings of the Recycle Bin:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin from the Desktop.

• Click on Properties.

• Change the option from Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Removes files immediately when deleted
      to Custom size.

• Check mark on Display delete confirmation dialog.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin

1. Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Recycle bin - Similar Threads - Cant view deleted

2. Recycle bin automatically deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin automatically deleting files: Running Windows 8.1 - How do I stop the Recycle Bin from automatically deleting the items in case I want to restore a deleted file? The deleted files used to stay in the Recycle Bin until I deleted them. Now, a deleted file doesn't even make it to the Recycle Bin, it just...
  3. Recycle bin automatically deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin automatically deleting files: Running Windows 8.1 - How do I stop the Recycle Bin from automatically deleting the items in case I want to restore a deleted file? The deleted files used to stay in the Recycle Bin until I deleted them. Now, a deleted file doesn't even make it to the Recycle Bin, it just...
  4. Deleted files from recycle bin

Deleted files from recycle bin: Somehow, I did not do it, emptied the recycle bin with files I wanted to recover later. Is there a way to get those files back? I use the Recuva from CCleaner and it can't find them. Says I have a Harddisk Volume2 that's unable to determine file system type...don't know what...
  5. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  6. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  7. Cant delete a folder on the recycle bin

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant delete a folder on the recycle bin: Recently i've had problems with my PC, after loggin in theres only a black screen and the cursor, task manager works fine and all the non-microsoft store programs, even trying to open ms-settings: doesnt work, i followed the steps from this thread but that didnt fix the...
  8. recycle bin and deleting certain files

recycle bin and deleting certain files: I like to keep my deleted files for a month or so before I delete entirely. Since I've had W10, I've found the Recycle Bin does not work properly. I've worked around it but I'm sick of it and would like the damn thing to work as it should. At the beginning of every month,...
  9. Deleted files can not be viewed in Recycle Bin - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted files can not be viewed in Recycle Bin - Windows 10: When I first boot my PC, I can open the Recycle Bin and see all of my deleted files. Class the bin and reopen it and they are gone. I can repeat this by rebooting. Any help appreciated....
  10. Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant view deleted files in Windows 10 Re-cycle bin: Hi, I recently fitted an SSD for the main operating system and important files. The Hard-drive which had the operating system is now used as a second drive (E Drive). I never deleted the operating system but use the drive to store folders and files. I have discovered the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. couldnt see deleted item in recycle bin

2. cant view items in recycle bin

3. recycle bin giving wrong information detailing all of windows 10 and not files to be deleted

4. windows 10 what are all the folders under recycle bin,
  5. windows 10 cant find deleted files in recycle bin,
  6. cant view files in recycle bin