Windows 10: Can't view printer status after removing update.

Discus and support Can't view printer status after removing update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I was on Windows build 1607, installed one of the cumulative update. But created issues with me. So I removed the update. Ever since (2 months)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by black, Mar 2, 2018.

1. black Win User

Can't view printer status after removing update.

Hi.
    I was on Windows build 1607, installed one of the cumulative update.
    But created issues with me. So I removed the update.
    Ever since (2 months) My printer status stopped working at all. Doesn't pop up when printing, nor when clicking on "View printer status" at printing page.

Can't view printer status after removing update. [​IMG]

Nothing happens when clicking.I can't view my printer inks level, what's printing, confirm printing requests and any problem when printer Led is blinking.

3 days ago, my windows update suggested to update to latest build 1709 (16299) So I did.
    My printer status worked like before, everything was running perfect. Till I started my PC yesterday, now printer status won't work at all.

Any idea to fix this?
    it seems I have to reinstall windows on every silly issue that occures. And I really got sick of reinstalling everything all over.

What I've tried so far
    :-Removing printer driver completely (program files / registry)
    -Removed every trace of printer from registry.
    -SFC scannow in safe mode.
    -Installed latest printer driver.
    -Changed USB port.

The only way for me now to view printer status is by going to:
    Control Panel> Devices and printers> Printer properties> Printer monitor> View printer status.Making a 5 sec printing in to 5 min hassle.

Windows 10 Pro x64 1709 Build 16299.125
    CPU: i5 4670k
    RAM: 16GB
    GPU: GTX 970
    HDDs: x4 14TB
    Printer: Canon IP7240

Thank you.

:)

black, Mar 2, 2018
  2. syoung12 Win User

How do I get my Panasonic 1624 to work on Win 10?

The printer is connected with a USB to 36 pin connecter and installed as a local printer via TCP/IP.

The system says it is working perfectly but when you go to view the printer it’s status is listed as Error with a Remove Device next to it. If you go to print a test page, nothing happens

I have all updates installed and the system says that this is the best driver available.

I did go to the fix printer wizard and it did nothing but suggest I list my printer as default.

syoung12, Mar 2, 2018
  3. How do I remove this printer?

Original Title:

I have tried to remove a printer from my laptop, but after confirming that I wish to remove it, the status is stuck as 'removing' and nothing further happens. How do I remove this printer?

DavidBurns2, Mar 2, 2018
  4. Can't view printer status after removing update.

Hi,

What is the manuctuer and model of your printer?

I suggest that you go to your printer manuctuer support sajt and download the latest printer s/w included the latest driver.
    Now, when installing this: the printer must be turned off, while the installation program continues it will tell you to turn on the printer and just follow the instructions.

Obs! This is only for the printer driver installation, for any s/w installation or ev. additional scanner driver installation continue as usual with the s/w installations, but printer driver installation comes first and it is most important to do right.

Best regards from Sweden
    Ps. I am sorry for my poor english and grammar.

Flyfisherman, Mar 2, 2018
  5. black Win User
    It's mentioned in the spec, Canon IP7240.
    Thank you, I went to Canon support, they are giving me this formal speech of unrelated things.

Anyway, after 7 hours of struggle.
    I managed to get it working, the driver or printing software does not have administration right, I need to run every printing program with administration "If available"
    No program would view printer status if it can't be run as admin.

Most likely because of the security updates that were installed with the cumulative update.
    It's preventing the printer status from running.
    I will inform Canon forums hopefully, they will fix this with the next driver update.
    Already tried installing driver with admin but didn't work.

As long as my main printing software can view printer status now, I'm good.

black, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't view printer status after removing update.

1. Can't view printer status after removing update. - Similar Threads - Can't view printer

2. How to remove a printer with "Driver is unavailable" status from list of Printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a printer with "Driver is unavailable" status from list of Printers and scanners: When I went to connect my printers to Windows 11 on my new laptop, I received the message "Driver was unavailable". I downloaded and installed the driver for my Canon iP8720 and was successful in connected my laptop to the printer. However, I still see the printer with the...
  3. Printer Offline status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Offline status: Having two different issues with our printers connecting and getting up and running. We have two hp laserjet pro mfp m227fdw printers using Windows 10 and connecting over the same wifi.The first issue when connecting to the printer A is the printer is offline and can not get...
  4. printer status

printer status: windows 10 on laptop recognizes my printer, however, says "printer status is offline". USB laptop to printer and power laptop and printer turned on. How do I change status to online please....
  5. printer status

printer status: printer status denial unable to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/967a71f3-8528-4814-9906-4977b7cadcb7
  6. printer ink status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer ink status: need to check printer ink status, how to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ink-status/66971b32-5caf-4a81-a1a8-8e0e269e94ba
  7. printer status

printer status: My printer is in an idle status. How do I make it active? It prints a WIndows Printer Test Page! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/e6255a3b-c427-4eec-88ab-6062bd1fb16e
  8. Can't locate printers to see their status

Can't locate printers to see their status: I've been looking in file explorer and can't find my printers. What do I look under? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-locate-printers-to-see-their-status/9b4c6a56-b315-4661-b31e-5539a8fbd53f
  9. Printer Status

Printer Status: How do I fix the following: Printer Status: Default, Attention Required This error message is from W10 Home system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-status/7b6aa3aa-dfa5-4d3b-a799-cbdeb6327434
  10. What is the source of Printer Status Events in Windows 10? Event View

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the source of Printer Status Events in Windows 10? Event View: While looking at Event Viewer, if I send a file to Print, I can see various entries in the logs regarding spooling and cancelled jobs - all located in: Microsoft->Windows->PrintSystems But if I send a print job to an offline printer or if there is some other error, like the...