Windows 10: Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

Discus and support Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A view months ago I had this issue where after a Windows update I can no longer see my recent files on my Home page of my File Explorer as tiles or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeyPawlik, Feb 21, 2024.

1. JeyPawlik Win User

Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

A view months ago I had this issue where after a Windows update I can no longer see my recent files on my Home page of my File Explorer as tiles or large thumbnails. They're stuck as a list. Is there anything I can do to change them back? I've been searching and trying all sorts of options to no avail. Even better if I can remove "Favourites" all together as well.It used to look like this, and I'd really like to figure out how to get back to that.

:)

JeyPawlik, Feb 21, 2024

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

View thumbnails in file explorer

1. I am assuming that in File Explorer > View > Extra large icons. large icons or medium icons - One of them is checked, As these are only views which would show a thumbnail of picture.

2. Now type Control in Windows Start Search box > Click Control Panel > Type Folder in Control Panel Search box > Click File Explorer Options > View tab > Uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails (If this is already unchecked, check it and OK..Then go back
    again and uncheck it and OK

3. Type control in Windows Start Search box > Click Control Panel > Type system in CP search box > Click View advanced system settings > Click Settings under Performance > Check Show thumbnails instead of icons

Source -
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/f0c429b7-d...

E for Excel, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

1. Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come... - Similar Threads - Can't view Recent

2. Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...: A view months ago I had this issue where after a Windows update I can no longer see my recent files on my Home page of my File Explorer as tiles or large thumbnails. They're stuck as a list. Is there anything I can do to change them back? I've been searching and trying all...
  3. Recent update can't have large icons in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update can't have large icons in file explorer: In the last update my file explorer no longer has the option to have large icons in the file explorer. How do I get this back. Specifically under recent the current size of the files are difficult to see. Thanks in advance...
  4. Recent update can't have large icons in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update can't have large icons in file explorer: In the last update my file explorer no longer has the option to have large icons in the file explorer. How do I get this back. Specifically under recent the current size of the files are difficult to see. Thanks in advance...
  5. File explorer is not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer is not working after recent update: Dear Sir/ Madam Since last week, file explorer is not working on the computer. It shows the list of files in a folder. When I click on one file to open, the system hangs and file explorer closes abruptly. Looking forward to your help to resolve. thanking in advance....
  6. Recently Viewed Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recently Viewed Files: Hello, Today I have witnessed a RTC/road rage incident whereby the male has driven off without providing details. Police have been contacted and I have made them aware that...
  7. Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems viewing thumbnails of raw images in file explorer: I have a custom built PC (don't know if that matters) with:Windows 10 ProVersion 1809Build 17763.864 And I am having troubles viewing image thumbnails in the windows file explorer; specifically of .CR2 files. I can view the thumbnails of .DNG files and all the standard...
  8. View Large Icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    View Large Icons in File Explorer: In Large Icon View in File Explorer: Why does it display my photos on my PC but only shows a standard line diagram on my laptop. (Both computers are running Windows 10.)...
  9. Opening File Explorer with large icon view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening File Explorer with large icon view: It seems it takes longer then it should for windows to show the icon view, I know my system is older, but still it just seems to be slow. I get the green progress bar as the folders and files are refreshed. Isn't this cached? Any suggestions on how I can investigate this?...
  10. Thumbnails in File Explorer are tiny (even when selecting extra large icons in View menu)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnails in File Explorer are tiny (even when selecting extra large icons in View menu): Hello, I have done a few hours of research on a problem I have with my new Microsoft Surface Pro. Turns out my husband's Surface Pro from 2 years ago does the exact same thing. Problem is when trying to view photo icons/thumbnails. When I change the view to Extra Large...