Windows 10: Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen

Discus and support Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Lock your device - WinKey+L, at the Lock Screen, press PrntScrn, sign back in, open Paint and Paste from the clipboard and Save. *Arrow Take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Edwin New Member

Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen

Edwin, Dec 11, 2017
  2. My640XL Win User

screen shot for nokia 520

screenshot button sequence has changed with 8.1; It's now the POWER/LOCK SCREEN + VOL UP button gets you a screen capture

My640XL, Dec 11, 2017
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    How to take a screenshot

which issue do you face exactly?

A) Screenshot with Windows Phone …

B) Screenshot with Windows Desktop …

C) If you have issues with your MixRadio account, please,

Abi99 (2), Dec 11, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Very cool, Edwin. *Smile

I knew you could find something to do. *Biggrin

Works well. Tried it on the sign in screen, but that didn't work. Wonder why?

Tony K, Dec 11, 2017
  5. Here is mine Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen :)

Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen [​IMG]

Ivan Petrov, Dec 11, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    The sign in screen is, I think, protected by The same system as used by the UAC that only allows access to the sign-in box or related screen components *Wink

Barman58, Dec 11, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    I copied the login screen by connecting to pc from another pc using splashtop or rdp or similar and taking screen dump on remote pc Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen :).

cereberus, Dec 11, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Most likely. Could also be that at the sign-in screen, nobody is there yet except the system. No users. To copy that Prt-Screen image to a clipboard, there needs to be an active user clipboard. Just a guess.

f14tomcat, Dec 11, 2017
  9. Barman58 Win User
    Both valid points, I do not know splashtop but I think I could do the same with Teamviewer when the admin option to display screen during logon is set so anything with similar access should work. Not sure about the built in RDP as I don't think it gives full access to the remote login screen ( not tested so just thinking aloud)

The lack of a clipboard would I would say would be a good reason for not being able to copy a screen *Smile

[edit I did not think I could get the word "Would" in a sentence three times so have edited it ]

Barman58, Dec 11, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    You can also use enhanced utilman.exe

Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 11, 2017
  11. Tony K Win User
    Realizing you posted after this, but the system is locked, not signed out. Obviously no UAC protection on the lock screen.

So therefore the primary device has total control, even over the UAC. Interesting. One could secretly install anything on the remote device without any knowledge of the owner or would the owner still have to approve the UAC before any install?

I would say the lack of a clipboard may be a good reason for not being able to copy a screen *Smile

There. I fixed it for you. *Wink

If the clipboard is present on a locked system then why would it not be present on the sign-in screen? I mean I'm the user signed in within both modes. Could it be that the system is focused on the sign-in box, therefore can only receive that command and no other?

If there is a way, you would be sure to find it. *Smile

Tony K, Dec 11, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    On a lock screen, the user is still signed in, clipboard available. At the sign-in screen, the user is not signed on yet, no clipboard.

f14tomcat, Dec 11, 2017
  13. Barman58 Win User

The virtualisation security system that is used to implement UAC is loaded and started on system start so could be used to prevent access to data in a login screen as it is when the UAC Prompt is invoked although the lack of a clipboard would be more likely to be a decider

A locked screen is under the control of a User account, whereas there is is no user logged in, (apart from system accounts) in the case of the primary login so there will be no accessible clipboard to save to
    The Remote access route works because you are logged in to the client system with rights to copy any screens to your clipboard, The Remote access software presents you with an image of the screen on the server device, this image is generated on the local client so can be copied without triggering any security system on the server device, Think of it as like taking a phone snapshot of the Bios *Wink

BTW as long as you have the correct access rights for remote access to a system even Microsoft's own limited RDP system will allow remote installation of software creation of folders etc what it does not provide is a way to remain linked to the remote system during a reboot. 3rd party apps allow you to access the system login screen remotely which allows you to have the remote system and the server system live at the same time. Microsoft's RDP locks the server while remote RDP access is in use

Oh and thanks to HG for the correction *Biggrin

For clarity ...
    Device remoting into is the Server - Device remoting from is the Client

Barman58, Dec 11, 2017
  14. Tony K Win User
    You're welcome, Nigel, and thanks for the explanation and clarification of server/client terms. You explain things better than some people I notice. *Smile

I get the concept of RDP and the remote access route. I knew that a system could be configured, but didn’t know a remote server had that much right to install software unless it was an Enterprise edition. Good to know.

So, locking the screen signs a user out or suspends the account (somewhat like placing a system to sleep)? That then hands the lock screen and all else over to the system, therefore the clipboard can be used on the lock screen? As soon as a key is tapped or upon a mouse click, then the account once again “livens” (for lack of a better word) showing a sign-in screen to once again sign in since the user account is signed out or in suspension? If all or some of that be true, then the global system clipboard retains the data for the one that signs in to obtain and use?

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Capture a Screenshot of your Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Capture Screenshot Lock

2. Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots: Can use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots with scrolling area or not ? Can it support this feature ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots/b1b57557-d01c-41c4-ac3e-fc66ea058acb
  3. Trigger to capture screenshot if specific text appear on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trigger to capture screenshot if specific text appear on screen: HiIs there any solution for this issue?Trigger to capture screenshot if specific text appear on screenE.g. Need to watch my screen if “NeedToCapture” appear on screen take screenshot, and contine till i stop it.Any idea?Thanks...
  4. Trigger to capture screenshot if specific text appear on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trigger to capture screenshot if specific text appear on screen: HiIs there any solution for this issue?Trigger to capture screenshot if specific text appear on screenE.g. Need to watch my screen if “NeedToCapture” appear on screen take screenshot, and contine till i stop it.Any idea?Thanks...
  5. Screenshot Capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshot Capture: I have had this computer for about one year, and it operates with Windows 10 Home Edition. For the first six months or so I used to be able to do something that really helped me when taking courses online, i.e., I used to be able to take screenshots on the fly, meaning that...
  6. My screen turns red when I capture a screenshot.

My screen turns red when I capture a screenshot.: My screen turns red when I capture a screenshot. How can I turn it off? I haven't changed any settings; yesterday it was fine. I tried using different snipping tools, and the regular PrtSc button. All red. I have the night mode off, and everything else is regular. [ATTACH]...
  7. lock screen capture

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lock screen capture: can you setup windows 10 to capture a photo of someone trying to get onto the pc after unsuccessful login attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-capture/9b86f84b-9815-4555-a1fb-0c523ab4757f"
  8. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Lock vs Login screen screenshot: Greetings - Ever since the latest update to Windows 10 (10.0,16299) my Login screen screenshot and Lock screen screenshot are different. Personalize>Lock Screen shows the desired screenshot as it always has. "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is...
  9. how to capture screenshot from touchscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    how to capture screenshot from touchscreen: hi, i have a large tablet, but im struggling taking screenshots from my touchscreen, the win button plus down volume doesnt appear to work ? 37398
  10. How capture lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How capture lock screen: Whenever I reboot, I get a screen that's shades of blue with a lighthouse. This is BEFORE I insert my password. How can I capture that blue desktop screen and use it for my desktop AFTER I've logged into my laptop? Thank you. 90860

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen shot lockscreen windows phone