Windows 10: Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting

Discus and support Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All I customized my reference pc to which I was happy to make a WIM file. Took the image via DISM and wanted to install a new pc. I have made 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PinkRhino, Oct 25, 2017.

1. PinkRhino Win User

Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting

All
    I customized my reference pc to which I was happy to make a WIM file. Took the image via DISM and wanted to install a new pc.
    I have made 3 partitions:
    1. BOOT 500MB
    2. Windows 100GB
    3. Datadisk 50GB

Weird part is that i don't know where to retreive the boot WIM, thus my windows 10 installation is clearly not booting. Please help. Do I need extra partitions, what am I doing wrong, this was always the way I did it with Windows 7

:)

PinkRhino, Oct 25, 2017

2. Windows 10 Capture Image Problem

Kindly, I'm trying to capture image of windows 10 for my WDS after making sysprep for the machine,

After booting from the network there is no capture image option to capture this machine windows image.

Is there any help for this issue?

Hisham-Adel, Oct 25, 2017
  3. How to capture and install .wim file

If you boot with Windows 10 install media on USB or DVD, you can get a Command Prompt by using SHIFT-F10. Then use DISM to capture an image of your Windows partition. You should first create a "Scratch" folder for DISM to use. Often C:\Recycler\Scratch is
    used, as \Recycler" is a standardized folder which will never be captured to a Windows image.

If your Windows volume is still on C: (sometimes drive lettering varies when booted from install media):

DISM /Capture-Image /ImageFile:Install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:"Windows 10" /Compress:max /CheckIntegrity /Verify /ScratchDir:C:\Recycler\Scratch

Use the applicable drive letter for your Windows partition, if it does not show up as drive C:. You can also add a Path to where you want to save your Install.wim or simply run the DISM command from that folder.

You can read about the DISM commands used by running DISM /Capture-Image /?

Don Cuthbert, Oct 25, 2017
Thema:

Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting

1. Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting - Similar Threads - Capture modified image

2. WHICH IS IS BEST TOOL "IMAGEX.exe" or "DISM.exe" FOR CAPTURING IMAGE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHICH IS IS BEST TOOL "IMAGEX.exe" or "DISM.exe" FOR CAPTURING IMAGE: I used both the tools dism.exe and imagex.exe , user interface is good and gives more detailed explanations of install.wim I love IMAGEX.exe tool , unfortunately imagex.exe does not included in windows 10 dvd , not included in winre.wim...
  3. WHAT'S THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN "Capture-CustomImage" and "Capture-Image" WHILE CAPTURING...

WHAT'S THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN "Capture-CustomImage" and "Capture-Image" WHILE CAPTURING...: sometimes some users used the commands with Dism.exe /Capture-CustomImage and with Dism.exe /Capture-Image i want to know what's the difference and when should use those two commands, explain with examples thanking you...
  4. Cannot Capture Windows 10 Image for SCCM 2012 (Error : 0x00004005)

Cannot Capture Windows 10 Image for SCCM 2012 (Error : 0x00004005): Hi, We are plan to migrate our computers to windows 10, I prepared a windows 10 desktop and did all the customisation also, after that I tried to capture the image for the windows 10 using the SCCM Capture media, but after added the location and password am getting an error...
  5. MDT: Capture and sysprepped reference image

MDT: Capture and sysprepped reference image: Hello All, This is my first post in this forum. However I have already followed the excellent tutorials about Windows 10 customization and used some tricks. Now I need some help. I use MDT 8450 to create a reference image for Windows 10 Pro 1803 with Sysprep. After...
  6. Question about capturing a Windows 10 image using DISM

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about capturing a Windows 10 image using DISM: Hi, I have the following task to complete; I would like to capture an image from a machine running Windows 10 enterprise using WinPE and DISM and then using Windows Server 2012 R2, PXE boot the captured image onto 10 other machines on the network. I would not like to use...
  7. Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition: Hi guys, so a few days ago my windows 10 crashed so I had to format and reinstall windows 7 then upgrade to windows 10, a hard work to do. So I started to search about how to capture the image of C: where the windows 10 is running and I found Dism. Now I have a lot of...
  8. Modify windows 10 partitions?

Modify windows 10 partitions?: My win10 was upgrated from win7 where some how got 3 partitions Code: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 298 GB 117 GBDISKPART> select disk 0Disk 0 is now the selected disk.DISKPART> list...
  9. Capture or append an image in a file esd

Capture or append an image in a file esd: Hi Using Windows 10 ADK v1511, how do I capture an image directly by saving it in an esd file? Also, how do I add an image volume, to an esd file? Thanks Bye 42464
  10. Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine

Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine: Hello, and Merry Christmas to all! i have syspreped win10 32 bit 1511 virtual machine. problem is i cant capture .wim file. i tried for months all tutorials, and various virtual patforms (VirtualBox, Hyper-V, and VMware, which iam using right now) i try imagex, macrium,...