Windows 10: Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting

Discus and support Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All I customized my reference pc to which I was happy to make a WIM file. Took the image via DISM and wanted to install a new pc. I have made 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PinkRhino, Oct 25, 2017.

1. PinkRhino Win User

Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting

All
    I customized my reference pc to which I was happy to make a WIM file. Took the image via DISM and wanted to install a new pc.
    I have made 3 partitions:
    1. BOOT 500MB
    2. Windows 100GB
    3. Datadisk 50GB

Weird part is that i don't know where to retreive the boot WIM, thus my windows 10 installation is clearly not booting. Please help. Do I need extra partitions, what am I doing wrong, this was always the way I did it with Windows 7

:)

PinkRhino, Oct 25, 2017

2. Windows 10 Capture Image Problem

Kindly, I'm trying to capture image of windows 10 for my WDS after making sysprep for the machine,

After booting from the network there is no capture image option to capture this machine windows image.

Is there any help for this issue?

Hisham-Adel, Oct 25, 2017
  3. How to capture and install .wim file

If you boot with Windows 10 install media on USB or DVD, you can get a Command Prompt by using SHIFT-F10. Then use DISM to capture an image of your Windows partition. You should first create a "Scratch" folder for DISM to use. Often C:\Recycler\Scratch is
    used, as \Recycler" is a standardized folder which will never be captured to a Windows image.

If your Windows volume is still on C: (sometimes drive lettering varies when booted from install media):

DISM /Capture-Image /ImageFile:Install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:"Windows 10" /Compress:max /CheckIntegrity /Verify /ScratchDir:C:\Recycler\Scratch

Use the applicable drive letter for your Windows partition, if it does not show up as drive C:. You can also add a Path to where you want to save your Install.wim or simply run the DISM command from that folder.

You can read about the DISM commands used by running DISM /Capture-Image /?

Don Cuthbert, Oct 25, 2017
Thema:

Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting

1. Capture modified windows 10 image but it's not booting - Similar Threads - Capture modified image

2. not able to capture image using MDT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to capture image using MDT: not able to capture image using MDT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-capture-image-using-mdt/b7400d7a-0806-48e3-bf5a-78eb2bc08b7e
  3. Boot Manager - Modifying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Manager - Modifying: Windows 10 Pro N Build 19042.928 I need to modify some parameters in the Windows 10 Boot Manager. In yellow, are the parameters that I have. The blue are the one I want to have.I would prefer to do this from the command prompt, but if you have any other solution, I would...
  4. Capture Client Image with MDT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Capture Client Image with MDT: I have just been introduce to Microsoft Deployment toolkit MDT. The school I worked in had just acquire 150 laptops and instead of configuring each one individually, I was thinking , it would be more efficient to configure one and create an image and then copy that image to...
  5. Modify boot sequence

Modify boot sequence: Hello I have a problem with my Acer laptop,I want to reinstall my windows but I can t change my boot sequence because I have a BIOS password,I did not put the password I bought it from a store like this.When I got the laptop I could install it because it came blank with no...
  6. Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds

Issue with capture image of windows 10 through wds: Hi, i have installed WDS on server 2012 & upload BOOT.WIM & install.WIM on wds through windows 10 dvd. normally when i'm using wds for format my systems through normal image which i uploaded through DVD installation completed successfully, then i prepare WDS for capture...
  7. WHAT'S THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN "Capture-CustomImage" and "Capture-Image" WHILE CAPTURING...

WHAT'S THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN "Capture-CustomImage" and "Capture-Image" WHILE CAPTURING...: sometimes some users used the commands with Dism.exe /Capture-CustomImage and with Dism.exe /Capture-Image i want to know what's the difference and when should use those two commands, explain with examples thanking you...
  8. Question about capturing a Windows 10 image using DISM

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about capturing a Windows 10 image using DISM: Hi, I have the following task to complete; I would like to capture an image from a machine running Windows 10 enterprise using WinPE and DISM and then using Windows Server 2012 R2, PXE boot the captured image onto 10 other machines on the network. I would not like to use...
  9. Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition: Hi guys, so a few days ago my windows 10 crashed so I had to format and reinstall windows 7 then upgrade to windows 10, a hard work to do. So I started to search about how to capture the image of C: where the windows 10 is running and I found Dism. Now I have a lot of...
  10. Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine

Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine: Hello, and Merry Christmas to all! i have syspreped win10 32 bit 1511 virtual machine. problem is i cant capture .wim file. i tried for months all tutorials, and various virtual patforms (VirtualBox, Hyper-V, and VMware, which iam using right now) i try imagex, macrium,...