Windows 10: Carbonite Mirror Image backup failing in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Carbonite Mirror Image backup failing in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have been having problems recently successfully running the mirror image component of my Carbonite backup. I use a Western Digital 1TB external USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Halmo, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Halmo Win User

Carbonite Mirror Image backup failing in Windows 10 Pro

I have been having problems recently successfully running the mirror image component of my Carbonite backup. I use a Western Digital 1TB external USB 3.0 hard drive for the Mirror Image backup drive. Several tests of this drive show that it has no errors. I've had several discussions with Carbonite tech support and narrowed the issue down to something that might be revealed in the CBS.LOG file. However Carbonite says CBS.LPG does not reveal a Carbonite problem, so they suggested I find some tech support to analyze the file and then get back to them; generally, I have found Carbonite to have excellent tech support for issues they can control. The CBS.LOG file is about 4 GB, too large a file to upload here, so I uploaded a ZIP copy of the file. Can anyone here please review the CBS.zip file that is attached and tell me what it reveals that might related to my Carbonite Mirror Image problem? Many thanks for whatever help I get.

:)

Halmo, Nov 16, 2015

2. Geting a Windows Log Applications error CAPI2 Event ID 512

Carbonite Mirror Image local external backup drive has not completed since 20 November

In Windows Logs; Application the Error is CAPI2 Event ID 512

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:

AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:

Access is denied.

Anyone know how to fix this? It appears to be blocking a backup write, not only to my external mirror drive, but also windows backup...

Larry

Larry Watson, Nov 16, 2015
  3. windows 10 and Carbonite Mirror Image

I've got Carbonite installed on my computers and a external hard drive that automatically creates a mirror image of my OS.

Do I disable Carbonite Mirror Image during the upgrade process and then turn it back on after the upgrade.

Or do I delete everything and run it again after the Windows 10 upgrade ?

Glennb2175, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

Carbonite Mirror Image backup failing in Windows 10 Pro

1. Carbonite Mirror Image backup failing in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Carbonite Mirror Image

2. Windows 10 1903 Image Backup fails with error 0x80780119

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 Image Backup fails with error 0x80780119: The following error showed up on my windows 1903 build 18362.295. According to the message the minimum available space for volumes should be: For a volume <500MB 50MB of free space >500MB 320MB >1GB 1GB...
  3. System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10

System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10: Today I wish to share this solution that I found from this community credited by Syed Abdul Jabbar that he answered this issue long time ago.(Replied on September 21, 2015) In case you did not see it. However, First before you will do this step, I would like to share a trick...
  4. Image Backup Fail Win10 1903

Image Backup Fail Win10 1903: Hello: I have HP Desktop i7 16GB 3TB HD. I Have updated to Win10 P64Bit and decided to back up full image. My hard is divided in C & D. C has Operation System and D has documentation. I am using 3TB USB backup drive. Never problem earlier. This time I suddenly see the...
  5. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  6. Webcam Mirrored Image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Mirrored Image: How do I change webcam image from a mirror image to a corrected image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-mirrored-image/f7f1ebdf-3fa5-4e02-9fbd-bd1ef441bdb4
  7. Windows 10: Mirror Image

Windows 10: Mirror Image: I just purchased a Seagate external storage. I wanted to make a mirror image that is a choice on my Seagate, but it doesn't work. Did windows 10 discontinue the mirror image. If so my new Seagate is not backing up all of my PC files. Any work around ideas on this subject?...
  8. "Create a system image" "The backup failed"

"Create a system image" "The backup failed": Windows 10 Pro Build 1809 fully updated Trying to create a system image. Steps followed: File History - System Image Backup New windows opens - "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" Click "Create a system image" Browse to external USB drive Process commences then this...
  9. Win10 "File History" - include with Carbonite backup or not?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win10 "File History" - include with Carbonite backup or not?: Hi, all: In addition to local, offline backups/images to USB EHDs, I also use Carbonite, with unlimited storage capacity. And, since I have a 2 TB HDD data drive, I have Win10 File History enabled (a feature new to me in Win10). Carbonite is set to back up all the...
  10. Windows Image Backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Image Backup failing: My wife's Samsung laptop gets a failure whenever trying to do an image backup. Actually, this has been happening for quite a while - even before she installed Windows 10 when she had W7. I was hoping that the problem would go away with W10 but it hasn't. Backup runs almost to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 carbonite backup failing event 1000

2. carbonite windows 10