Windows 10: Case Fan rattles when I boot up

Discus and support Case Fan rattles when I boot up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, so whenever I boot up my PC, the fan next to the IO port rattles. I usually fix this by tapping the back of the case. Do I have to remount the fan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SnowSmasher, May 28, 2016.

1. Case Fan rattles when I boot up

Hi, so whenever I boot up my PC, the fan next to the IO port rattles. I usually fix this by tapping the back of the case. Do I have to remount the fan or is there another way to fix it.
    I have an NZXT S340. Thanks

:)

SnowSmasher, May 28, 2016
  2. RanaMR9 Win User

Fan runs full speed on startup in windows 10 home single language 64 bit.

When i'm in Bios Setup,fan speed is normal and there is no rattling sound.But when i'm in desktop,fan making a rattling sound.There is no dust in my fan slots and air is cold.There is another problem,my laptop making
    a rattling sound.And fan runs full speed on startup.@Ferderik Long.

RanaMR9, May 28, 2016
  3. Should I worry about a loose and rattling lock button on my Lumia 800?

You don't need to worry, its normal for the buttons to loosen up a bit. I have rattling buttons on my lumia and my N9. Using the supplied case can stop the rattling and pocket snagging.

psychomania---01, May 28, 2016
  4. msny Win User

Case Fan rattles when I boot up

When you boot up, the fans are usually revved up full speed.
    Could be a loose bracket...but
    Most likely you have a baring going bad.

Fans are really cheap now a days.
    Best to replace.

5. Is there a way to fix it without replacing it? I would rather attempt to fix it before investing in another one. Thanks *Smile

SnowSmasher, May 29, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, May 30, 2016
  7. Well its not the noise that's the problem, its how the fan rattles ad shakes the back of my computer :\

SnowSmasher, May 30, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

That also may signify loose and worn bearing so grease instead of oil fixes it for a while because it's thicker. Missing or a damaged fin can be another but unfixable problem.
    In any case, there's no miracle cure, either try to fix it like that or replace.

CountMike, May 30, 2016
  9. msny Win User
    Bite the bullet, where talking a few dollars here.
    It will get nothing but worse, so when your aggravation peaks you will
    replace it. *Wink

10. I fixed it by just remounting it to the case lol
    Thanks for the help everyone *Wink

SnowSmasher, May 30, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    So it was just hanging there ?

CountMike, May 30, 2016
  12. Nah the fan wasn't just hanging there. I think a few screws were loose there lol

SnowSmasher, May 31, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Case Fan rattles when I boot up - Similar Threads - Case Fan rattles

2. My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot: Hello, since some days I’m having an issue with my pc case fans.They used go at the maximum speed when I set them up from Msi dragon center, some days ago I noticed that even if I put them to max they weren’t spinning as they used to. They spin fast as they used to only when...
  3. My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot: Hello, since some days I’m having an issue with my pc case fans.They used go at the maximum speed when I set them up from Msi dragon center, some days ago I noticed that even if I put them to max they weren’t spinning as they used to. They spin fast as they used to only when...
  4. My case fans run at maximum speed only at the boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down: I got a tower case and 4 case fans installed. One in the front to suck in air, one one the floor to push air up, one large one on the side to pull in air and one on the back to push out hot air. I recently did a clean install and had a few freezing problems that was fixed by...
  6. Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down: I got a tower case and 4 case fans installed. One in the front to suck in air, one one the floor to push air up, one large one on the side to pull in air and one on the back to push out hot air. I recently did a clean install and had a few freezing problems that was fixed by...
  7. Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Case Fans Acting Weird

Case Fans Acting Weird: So the case fans on my system are a bit strange, they're both set with the exact same fan curve, both are PWM and are set to base their speed off of the CPU temps. When I first built the system, I knew I already had a bad fan header, because anything plugged into it was given...
  9. awkward rattling sound from the fan of the new laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    awkward rattling sound from the fan of the new laptop.: Hello I brought a new hp pavilion 15 laptop(i5 8th gen,8 GB ram ,1 tb HDD). as soon as i press the power button i can hear some awkward sound from the fan. the source of the sound is from left top corner of the laptop,below the power button. i went for a replacement and...
  10. case fan connectors

case fan connectors: ASROCK Extreme 4 mobo i7-3770K 16 GB RAM My final build and almost done. The case has a 120mm fan that has both a 4-Pin molex connector and a 3-Pin chassis fan connector I'm thinking I only need to plug one in. The 4-pin connector will be continuous fan or the 3-pin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fan rattles at boot

2. hdd rattling noise on boot