Windows 10: Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Steve C, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Steve C Win User

Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Starting in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10576, you can now use Microsoft Edge to cast video, picture, and audio content from your browser to any Miracast and DLNA enabled device on your network.

Cast media to device in Windows 10 is the new version of Play To.

This tutorial will show you how to use Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 to cast video, picture, and audio content from your browser to any Miracast and DLNA enabled device on your network.

Note Casting protected content (content from places like Netflix and Hulu) is not supported.

Ariel Aba replied on November 7, 2017
    Microsoft

Here's How:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Go to a website that contains the media (ex: video, picture, audio) that you want to cast, click/tap on the More . . . button at the top right, and click/tap on Cast media to device. (see screenshot below)

Note Microsoft has a few scenarios for you to try out:
    • Cast a video from YouTube: Go to https://www.youtube.com/ in Microsoft Edge. Click on the “…” menu and the top left, and select “Cast media to device” and select the Miracast or DLNA device you want to cast to.
    • Cast a Facebook photo album: Login to Facebook in Microsoft Edge and click on the first photo in one of your photo albums to cast. Click on the “…” menu and the top left, and select “Cast media to device” and select the Miracast or DLNA device you want to cast to. Navigate through your photo album by clicking on the forward and backward buttons.
    • Cast your music from Pandora: Login to Pandora in Microsoft Edge to get to your music and click on the “…” menu and the top left, and select “Cast media to device” and select the Miracast or DLNA device you want to cast to.

3. Windows will now try to connect to your network and detect your Miracast or DLNA device. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Miracast or DLNA device (ex: TV-63C8000) you want to cast to. (see screenshot below)

5. Windows will now connect and cast to your Miracast or DLNA device (ex: TV-63C8000) . (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Steve C, Dec 23, 2015

2. Casting from MS Edge and Windows 10 to Chromecast or Samsung Smart TV

Hi Khalil,

Do let us know if you have tried as below to cast media to device from Microsoft Edge:

• On Microsoft Edge, open the website that contains the media (ex: video, picture, audio) that you want to cast.

• Click on the More Actions (. . .) at the top right.

• Click on Cast media to device.

• Windows will now try to connect to your network and detect your Miracast device.

• Click on the Miracast or
      DLNA
      device you want to cast to.

• Windows will now connect and cast to your Miracast device.

Also, refer to the below Microsoft article about how to connect Mira cast device.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless
    displays

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 23, 2015
  3. winsows 10 streaming

Hello,

You can use an HDMI cable to plug in to your smart TV. If you wish to connect your Windows 10 device to your smart TV via wireless, you can use Microsoft Edge to case media to Miracast and DLNA-enabled devices. To case media from Edge to your smart TV, refer
    to the steps below:

1. Launch Microsoft Edge. Open the website that contains the media (ex: video, picture, audio) that you want to cast.

2. Click on Settings (. . .), and select
    Cast media to device.

3.Windows will now try to connect to your network and detect your Miracast device.

4. Click on the Miracast or DLNA device you want to cast to.

5. Windows will now connect and cast to your Miracast device.

Update us on the outcome.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 23, 2015
  4. Bree New Member

This useful feature ceased to work for casting to DLNA devices from Edge with the Creators Update and has not been fixed yet (as of build 15063.296). Edge can no longer find any DLNA device, even though the Cast to Device context menu can still find them and cast to them.

5. My PC does not support that or Connect.

Josey Wales, May 15, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Connect requires Miracast. Casting from File Explorer can work with DLNA and doesn't require special hardware. Until 1703 Edge worked with DLNA and Miracast. From post #1...

...now Edge too only seems able to work with Miracast.

7. Steve C Win User
    Oh dear - not another bug with the CU?

Steve C, May 15, 2017
  8. Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Bree, Do you know if Microsoft has any intension of fixing the "Casting to DLNA devices" anytime soon

bigkahunaguy, Jul 29, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    I'm surprised this still isn't fixed. There appears to be no simple way of casting from my laptop (via WiFi) to my TV connected by wired Ethernet. Such is progress!

Steve C, Nov 26, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Apparently the official answer from a Microsoft spokesperson is "No - we're never going to restore this function in Edge that you all enjoyed so much in 1607" *Banghead

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e57c846?auth=1

You can still cast videos, photos and audio files from your PC to a DLNA device with...

Add or Remove Cast to Device context menu in Windows 10

...and cast to DLNA from the Films & TV app.

11. Bree New Member
    Perhaps @Brink could edit this tutorial. It still states that...

DLNA capapbilities were removed from Edge in 1703 Creators Update. We now have confimation that this was deliberate, with no intention of restoring it.

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That explains that then. Note added to tutorial.

Brink, Nov 27, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

@Brink, the tutorial screenshots show the 1607 version of Connect.

From 1703 on Edge uses the version of Connect that is only for Miracast wireless devices. DLNA is not available.

14. Steve C Win User
    Is there a free third party utility or browser plug-in which enable this functionality?

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cast Media to Device from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cast Media Device

2. Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.: A heads up to anyone getting frustrated with Edge Browser not casting media to devices...I recently encountered the issue of suddenly not being able to 'Cast Media To Devices' and no devices being detected via Edge Browser; yet, Windows 10\11 still detects devices in...
  3. Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.: A heads up to anyone getting frustrated with Edge Browser not casting media to devices...I recently encountered the issue of suddenly not being able to 'Cast Media To Devices' and no devices being detected via Edge Browser; yet, Windows 10\11 still detects devices in...
  4. Edge Browser Not Casting Media To Devices and\or Not Finding 'Chromecast Built-in' Devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cast to Device not working for audio - Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to Device not working for audio - Media Player: I use Cast to device to stream audio playlists to my Hi-Fi using an Audiogenie b1 receiver to play background music.I can then still use my PC Speakers for other audio.This has worked well for many years with my Dell XPS850 - Windows 10 - Media Player.I select Cast to Device,...
  6. Media Player - Cast to Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player - Cast to Device: New problem. When I 'Cast to Device' an entire album, previously used to play all tracks, but now only plays one track, then I need to manually hit the play button in the 'Cast to Device Window' to move to the next track. I want the whole album to play automatically....
  7. Microsoft Edge - Cast to TV from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge - Cast to TV from laptop: Hi, Upgraded laptop to Microsoft Edge as it was required for something I was working on. Since then I have been unable to cast media to my TV, something that I have been doing for years. Can't seem to find any basic straightforward advice on this but it does seem that...
  8. Cast Media to device is not working on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Cast Media to device is not working on Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is the go-to web browser for Windows 10 users. Now, one of the cool things we like about Edge is its ability to […] This article Cast Media to device is not working on Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Creators Update - Edge cannot cast media

in Browsers and Email
    Creators Update - Edge cannot cast media: Since upgrading to the Creators Update version 1703, build 15063.13 Edge can no longer cast media to a device. The option is still there, but it just searches endlessly for a device without finding one. Even typing the name of the device into the Search box says 'it looks as...
  10. Edge Browser - Optimise Media Casting

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser - Optimise Media Casting: I've discovered one useful feature of Edge is the ability to cast video to my Sony TV. However, the playback is sometimes jerky. Is there a way optimising the playback settings when casting videos via Edge? 38307

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cast media device

2. edge cast media dlna

3. what is cast media device

4. microsoft edge dlna device missing,
  5. add chromecast to windows 10 edge,
  6. edge casting to xbox one