Windows 10: Cast to blocked by AVG

Discus and support Cast to blocked by AVG in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I use my laptop to cast music to my TV device via wifi. This allows me to listen to music whilst working on my laptop. However, Since... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GrahamJones, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Cast to blocked by AVG

Hi All,

I use my laptop to cast music to my TV device via wifi. This allows me to listen to music whilst working on my laptop. However, Since upgrading from 8.1 to windows 10, this function became unavailable.

Having spent weeks googling possible problems, contacting Microsoft for answers and even Samsung re my TV set up. All my streams are available to any devices in my homegroup, all adapters ets are up to date. None of this made any difference as I kept getting the message 'media not available'.

My windows firewall is now managed by AVG internet security (2015). so I disabled AVG firewall and to my surprise the 'cast to' function works perfectly.

I have allowed the AVG firewall to allow my media and homegroup through but this doesn't make a difference. The only solution is to disable the firewall?

Not wanting to put my internet a risk, is there another solution to cast to my device without disabling AVG, or disable AVG firewall but allow windows firewall to protect me?

:)

GrahamJones, Dec 17, 2015

2. avg blocked!!

Probably because the version your are running is not compatible. Update it

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 17, 2015
  3. avg blocked!!

why is windows blocking my avg tuneup program? last update it is saying this??

leonamaddux, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

Cast to blocked by AVG

1. Cast to blocked by AVG - Similar Threads - Cast blocked AVG

2. AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AVG antivirus program blocking Microsoft Store app from launching.: Hi, I've just acquired a laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro which among other apps, has the Microsoft store app. But after downloading and installing the AVG internet security, the Microsoft Store app can't launch and keep on loading. I'm not sure if any other apps or...
  3. Phone blocked in PC from screen-casting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phone blocked in PC from screen-casting: Hello, I wanted to screencast my phone display on to my laptop Windows 10. I tried this : Windows+I > Settings > System > Projecting to this PC > Everywhere + Everytime + No Pin. Unfortunately I clicked on 'always block' instead of 'always allow' option when the notification...
  4. AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG: I had AVG on my old computer with Windows 7, but had to buy a new computer with Windows 10. I want AVG for this computer too but cannot download it because I didn't get it from Microsoft store. AVG isn't a scam people, it's a good product and I want it on my new computer. Why...
  5. AVG antivirus

AVG antivirus: How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-antivirus/56a2cde5-8281-44d6-8b52-59b691cb882d"
  6. AVG SAFEGUARD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AVG SAFEGUARD: HOW TO REMOVE THE AVG SAFEGUARD ON WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-safeguard/6ca8bd44-3a84-4f7a-85f4-ebd4f71ba6a4
  7. Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus: I have later AVG virus software working ok but I cant find a way of deleting the previous 2015 version and it is apparently blocking my internet access, according to windows 10 diagnosis. How can I cure this problem please?...
  8. AVG

AVG: I want to completely remove all AVG apps from my Surface Pro but they won't uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_10/avg/7cdb8bff-154c-4303-a986-1ed15fe4b295
  9. AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet

AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet: My box is centos 7.1 x64 as guest virtualbox on windows 10 x64 as host. I could not connect with internet at cenots. At host windows' AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet. When I uninstall AVG's firewall, guest centos' internet works well. 1....
  10. AVG leftovers

AVG leftovers: Hello, Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them manually, did the same in the registry. Recently while using CCleaner, noticed there is still an AVG leftover in the installed...