Windows 10: "Cast to device" movie lags on TV

Discus and support "Cast to device" movie lags on TV in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i am using the "Cast to Device" option to play my movies on my TV. The problem is that when i play an mkv file the video lags and stutters. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bupthebroker, Aug 20, 2015.

1. "Cast to device" movie lags on TV

Hi,
    i am using the "Cast to Device" option to play my movies on my TV. The problem is that when i play an mkv file the video lags and stutters.

The same video plays fine on the same computer when i use the Samsung Allshare program to stream the video to the TV.

Is Microsoft mkv support in beta stage? Is this a known issue?

Edit: Turns out that the issue affects avi files as well. What can cause this lagging?

:)

bupthebroker, Aug 20, 2015
  2. Vwynn Win User

Cast to device with external subtitle (SUB,SRT)

I came across this thread because I actually wanted to turn my subtitles off, not sure how they got there, I'm assuming it's part of the movie file (.mkv). If I have a movie on my desktop and I cast to my Sony Android TV, it displays subtitles. I don't
    need them but there was no option on the cast to device window or the movie file itself to disable the subtitles. But on my TV's remote there's a "Subtitle CC" button that I press and it lists either English or Off on my TV so I can turn them on/off. With
    this being said, maybe it's a matter of ensuring the file being cast includes the subtitles opposed to a movie file + subtitle file. Also, make sure the device being casted to is able to decode what's necessary.

Vwynn, Aug 20, 2015
  3. HerbPoole Win User
    Microsoft Digital Display Adapter V2 to access Cast media to device feature in Windows 10

I returned the Digital Display Adapter V2. The performance was totally unacceptable. When playing a movie the picture was jerky and the sound was broken up. When I played the same movie using Windows Movie & TV player and "cast media to device" everything
    worked just fine.

HerbPoole, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

"Cast to device" movie lags on TV

1. "Cast to device" movie lags on TV - Similar Threads - Cast device movie

2. Movies and TV casting audio but no video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and TV casting audio but no video: I was able to cast both audio and video for a few days, but now its only allowing audio. The app itself cant find the Chromecast but google chrome allows me to cast my screen and then the app only gives audio now. Every other app allows me to cast both video and audio from...
  3. Movies and TV casting audio but no video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV casting audio but no video: I was able to cast both audio and video for a few days, but now its only allowing audio. The app itself cant find the Chromecast but google chrome allows me to cast my screen and then the app only gives audio now. Every other app allows me to cast both video and audio from...
  4. Movies and tv app lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and tv app lagging: So i have a weird problem, whenever i try to watch any type of video on movies and tv app they are always extremely laggy when played in fullscreen, but as soon i click mini view the videos are played perfectly well, if i try to manually enlarge the mini view at a certain...
  5. Movies and tv app lagging

Movies and tv app lagging: So i have a weird problem, whenever i try to watch any type of video on movies and tv app they are always extremely laggy when played in fullscreen, but as soon i click mini view the videos are played perfectly well, if i try to manually enlarge the mini view at a certain...
  6. Cast to TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to TV: I have a Win10 and new Roku TV, both wired to the same network (which is a wireless network, but they're both wired). How do I cast media from Win10 to the TV? I do not understand the myriad directions I have found on the web. I have Win 10.0 Build 19041. 170859
  7. Cast to TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to TV: good day to all in this forum, My PC has a folder containing some MP_3 song: when I do press "cast to " I can select my TV connected thome WIFI and lestening to the song correctly. I am not able to send in the same way the songs that are located on a CD or DVD since the "...
  8. cast movie maker windows 10 to tv ..2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cast movie maker windows 10 to tv ..2020: after seeing the issues people were having with cast to device windows 10 I found out that this option is no longer available. However in movie maker simply save the file using the save option in movie maker and save to computer. This will save the file to your PC where once...
  9. Casting to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Casting to TV: I see my TV Bluetooth and other devices but I can't connect to my Android TV, this has only happened since I reinstalled windows 10. I have tried everything that relates to connecting, the blue casting app in GC is showing blue...still nothing, so frustrating...
  10. video lag only on movies & tv

video lag only on movies & tv: hey can some one help me with this problem my computer used to play the videos on the movie & tv player with out lag but now is playing with lag but is only on the video player i try with other video players but it doesn't work its lagging if some one knows how to fix this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cast to device lag

2. crave is lagging when being casted to tv

3. cast movie lags