Windows 10: cast to device not working

Discus and support cast to device not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since i got the windows 10 upgrade i can't cast to my Xbox one or smart tv it finds the devices but it doesn't load up. 10808 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marty, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Marty Win User

cast to device not working

Since i got the windows 10 upgrade i can't cast to my Xbox one or smart tv it finds the devices but it doesn't load up.

:)

Marty, Jul 30, 2015

2. Cast to device function not working - Device is not responding error message in Windows 10

Hello Rich,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

The issue you are facing with is device specific. You should update the device drivers compatible to the new operating system to which you upgraded to for fine and smooth working of the device.

I suggest you to download the latest device drivers for Samsung HDTV by visiting the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to install the driver is compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Download the latest driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website or locate the driver setup file of the previous operating system in your PC.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      properties

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart the PC for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 30, 2015
  3. szilarion Win User
    Cast to device function not working - Device is not responding error message in Windows 10

Same here i managed to use those features with my 2014 lg tv (Netcast) but my new Samsung is faster in menus but hey it gives me some f....g error messages so its a dissapointment to buy a such expensive tv just for the dlna features and suck at it . So
    i think the problem is not with your pc as your tv cast to device not working :(

szilarion, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

cast to device not working

1. cast to device not working - Similar Threads - cast device working

2. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to Device: I have 3 Pioneer receivers, all of which are relatively new and supported the Cast to Device in Windows 10 and I used it often on all 3 receivers as well as my girlfriend's Pioneer receiver that is exactly like one of mine. They all stopped supporting the Cast to Device...
  3. Cast to Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cast to Device: I have 3 Pioneer receivers, all of which are relatively new and supported the Cast to Device in Windows 10 and I used it often on all 3 receivers as well as my girlfriend's Pioneer receiver that is exactly like one of mine. They all stopped supporting the Cast to Device...
  4. Cast to device not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  5. Cast to device not working

Cast to device not working: Hi everyone, I have HP laptop that runs Windows 11 and supports miracast, and Microsoft Surface GO 2 that runs on Windows 10 and also supports miracast. I've shared screen from my HP laptop to the Surface before, and it has been working fine. However, now it says that...
  6. Cast to Device no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to Device no longer working.: For over a year I have been downloading movies and casting them to my tv. My PC has always been able to see the other devices around it as well. About a week or 2 ago I tried to connect to wireless display to see if I could share my screen with my TV, didnt think it would...
  7. Cast to Device no longer working.

Cast to Device no longer working.: For over a year I have been downloading movies and casting them to my tv. My PC has always been able to see the other devices around it as well. About a week or 2 ago I tried to connect to wireless display to see if I could share my screen with my TV, didnt think it would...
  8. Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast to Device not working - "Device is not responding": Hi, the cast to device function is not working on my laptop. Tried the "troubleshoot Hardware", "resetting network adapter", "Streaming setting on WMP". and it's still not working. I am able to select my TV when I right click on "Cast to Device", however the Cast to Device...
  9. Cast to Device

Cast to Device: I plan on buying another receiver and I really want the Cast to Device feature like my relatively new Pioneer unit has. My question is how will I know if the receivers I'm thinking of purchasing have that feature? Is there a technical term I should look for? A...
  10. Cast to Device

Cast to Device: When I select a file; right click; I see my neighbors devices listed. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-to-device/1bf969b2-4eed-4367-9e4b-ce46153a4b04

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cast to device doesnt work

2. the cast to devices won t work on my computer devices not responding error