Windows 10: Cast to Device right click menu

Discus and support Cast to Device right click menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to remove and item from the Cast to Device menu? There are two things that I dont use, one is an option to cast to my TV which doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by svth, Jan 22, 2017.

1. svth Win User

Cast to Device right click menu

Is there a way to remove and item from the Cast to Device menu?
    There are two things that I dont use, one is an option to cast to my TV which doesn't work but it uses the same icon as the option that does work. This causes problems because I have to guess what to click. If I try to add to my playlist and it's wrong it will disconnect the option I am using.

:)

2. dg2218 Win User

Cast to context menu for pictures

It is not the APP that is wrong ...it is the standard right click in Win 10 for a photo , jpeg file that no longer has the CAST TO DEVICE in the menu !!!!!!! The context menu for videos right click still has the cast to device ! Read my posts

dg2218, Jan 22, 2017
  3. dg2218 Win User
    Cast to context menu for pictures

Still not working ..Downloaded an App from Windows store CAST TO which enables me to cast the photos to the tv . So that works .The right click context menu has cast to device on videos but not jpegs. Cast to is ok on my laptop /NUC Win 10 but not my
    PC ..

dg2218, Jan 22, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

I know of a way to disable the whole Cast to Device menu itself. There's a Registry edit that you can do for that. Would you like me to post how to do that?

pepanee, Jan 22, 2017
  5. svth Win User
    Thanks,
    I have seen instructions on removing it. I still want to use it. I just would like to remove the items I don't use to cast to anything.

svth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cast to Device right click menu - Similar Threads - Cast Device right

2. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  3. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  8. Right Click Taskbar Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  9. Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu: Hello, I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of here on TenForums (Yay!), but I can't find a guide on how to remove the "Cast to Device" item. Is there a way to remove it...
  10. Mouse right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse right click menu: I cannot activate the 'New' submenu to create New folders in Desktop,Explorer and existing folders. When I Mouse right click the menu opens up (View,Sort by,Refresh etc) when I move the cursor to 'New'(to open up the submenu to create a folder) the pointer changes to the...