Windows 10: Casting to AnyCast- How do I set it up properley so that I can cast AND still access the...

Discus and support Casting to AnyCast- How do I set it up properley so that I can cast AND still access the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC does not support Miracast. My TV has an AnyCast dongle and it shows up in my local network. I can connect to AnyCast, and then cast songs/vids... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodRental, Aug 21, 2018.

1. RodRental Win User

Casting to AnyCast- How do I set it up properley so that I can cast AND still access the...

My PC does not support Miracast.

My TV has an AnyCast dongle and it shows up in my local network.

I can connect to AnyCast, and then cast songs/vids to the TV (in a clunky fashion).

But then I lose my internet access.

I never have been able to work out how I can have both connections at the same time.

I recently upgraded to a Microsoft Account and hoped things might improve.

I've turned on the sharing options in Media Player and elsewhere.

Have tried all the likely recommendations for permissions/sharing/streaming that I have seen in this forum.

But still no good.

I see nothing that resembles 'Cast to Device' that I have seen mentioned in some posts.

The AnyCast screen that is displayed on the TV shows a possible connection step involving my router.

But I am not very familiar with that side of things.

This may be where I lacking?

Hope someone may be able to help me.

:)

RodRental, Aug 21, 2018
  2. JAO913 Win User

Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting

Hello. I have the same problem as the original poster. I am able to cast individual songs to Marantz receiver, but I cannot cast playlists.

Here are some additional details. I have Windows 10 and WMP12.

To cast a song in WMP12 I do the following:

1. right click song

2. select "Cast to Device"

3. select Marantz receiver (I have other device which also appear on list of options to cast to)

When I right click a playlist, and select "Cast to Device", the only option that comes up is "Cast to Device". In other words, "cast to device" appears a second time, none of my devices appear as in step 3 above when only trying to cast an individual song.

I also, after applying the suggest resolutions noted in the posts above, I tried creating a new test playlist, but I couldn't cast that playlist either.

Are there any additional steps I can take to resolve this?

Thank you.

JAO913, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Cast to device not working in Windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you using Edge browser to cast the videos?
    • Is it specific to Edge browser?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Edge browser and access the video which you want to cast to your TV.
    • Click on the Share icon on the top right hand corner of the browser.
    • Among the listed devices select your device and check if you're able to cast the video.

Hope this helps and please get back to us with the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Casting to AnyCast- How do I set it up properley so that I can cast AND still access the...

Cast to device stopped working

Hi Dale,

Casting media files surely improves the experience. To better understand your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• The process that you performed to cast.
    • Error messages encountered on casting.
    • The device where you intend to cast.
    • The medium (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi) that you are using to cast.
    If you are using Windows Media Player to cast, you can check the steps provided by
    Vanessa Yar on this link. To restore your PC, you can check
    the steps via this
    link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jelu Cal, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Casting to AnyCast- How do I set it up properley so that I can cast AND still access the... - Similar Threads - Casting AnyCast set

2. Can I cast Firefox to a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I cast Firefox to a device?: I've noticed that if I right-click on a video file, I get an option to "cast to device" for the big smart TV in the other room. Doing so will stream the video to the smart TV.Is there any way to stream the video live stream from my mom's Church to that TV when it's not on...
  3. Can I cast Firefox to a device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I cast Firefox to a device?: I've noticed that if I right-click on a video file, I get an option to "cast to device" for the big smart TV in the other room. Doing so will stream the video to the smart TV.Is there any way to stream the video live stream from my mom's Church to that TV when it's not on...
  4. Can I cast Firefox to a device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. settings for "cast to device"

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings for "cast to device": cast to device worked. Not now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-for-cast-to-device/f3b5b311-ae8e-4783-b075-5da9780d341c
  6. Casting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Casting.: My computer has been changed to NBN. Normally I do not have a problem casting from my PC to my TV. Normally a message would say casting to Family Room no2.. The appropriate Wi-Fi connect password was recognised. Today when I wanted to cast to "Stan" I received a message...
  7. Can not cast to my Chrome Cast

Can not cast to my Chrome Cast: I've recently gotten an issue where when I try to cast to my CC its doesn't detect the device, it says "No devices found". I tired contacting Google, they told me to contact the manufacturer, I contacted Asus they told me to contact Microsoft, now I'm here.. Some things i've...
  8. casting

in Windows 10 Customization
    casting: cast using chromecast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/casting/5a0359d9-0f48-4516-90c4-f0bf858a885f
  9. i have to add the device before i can cast to chrome cast ,google home wont work unless i do.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have to add the device before i can cast to chrome cast ,google home wont work unless i do.: does Microsoft store have an app I can use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-to-add-the-device-before-i-can-cast-to/b9a4da36-e0d9-489f-a2ba-aeda8f8be3a3
  10. cast to devise settings

cast to devise settings: How do I set the casting to automatically switch to the next folder after finishing the slide show casting on the 1st folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-to-devise-settings/4fde9ada-7cfc-4163-b070-b95442796812