Windows 10: Catastrophic Error: Is there any way to restore my lost files?

Discus and support Catastrophic Error: Is there any way to restore my lost files? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there, I currently reached my maximum space on my Samsung Galaxy Light Android phone's 16GB mini SD card so, I hooked it up to my computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ayoung90, May 15, 2016.

1. ayoung90 Win User

Catastrophic Error: Is there any way to restore my lost files?

Hi there,

I currently reached my maximum space on my Samsung Galaxy Light Android phone's 16GB mini SD card so, I hooked it up to my computer to transfer and organize my files (mainly pictures) to make space in my phone. So, I was successfully cutting and pasting my files over and I got impatient so I tried to cut my folders and paste them over. My computer at first said it was going to take 2 days or something crazy which I laughed at and then after a few minutes, a box popped up saying catastrophic error has occurred! Oh no! O^O! My files were gone in both my sd card and my computer but the file folders were there. I attempted multiple file restore programs and nothing is bringing my lost pictures back. Please help me if there is any way to restore them.

:)

ayoung90, May 15, 2016

2. I lost my Lumia 620. Is there any way to find it?

someone stole my lumia 620 havng the same problem trying all but all in vain.

areebhassan, May 15, 2016
  3. LCRT Win User
    I lost my Lumia 620. Is there any way to find it?

it also requires the feature to have been enabled on the phone before losing it.

4. Catastrophic Error: Is there any way to restore my lost files?

Hi,

This recovery is completely dependant on you doing nothing else to the card since your issue happend. i.e. Copy anything to it, create a new folder, Format etc. etc.

I would use a piece of purchased recovery software that I have already purchased them do to issues I have encountered in the past.

The correct one is dependant on the storage medium & how that interacts with the computer. like a Hard Disk, memory card or Floppy.

Without advertising any (Forum rules etc.) it is difficult to recommend the right one for you. However you could look at the following options.

how-recover-files-from-dead-sd-card-image

Lottiemansion, May 15, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I know it is too late now that the horse is already out of the barn but never cut and paste anything vitally important to keep. Copy and paste it, verify the copy was successful then go back and delete off the source. Also, if the source is something like an SD card or a microSD card in an SD card adapter, move the little lever to write protect it. Only after the files have copied over and verified, then move the lever back and delete from it.

NavyLCDR, May 15, 2016
  6. It probable wpuld have worked better I you got a SD adapter and just removed the card from the phone then removed the Mini SD card and placed it in the adapter and inserted into the SD slot of the computer assuming you have one. You may want to use Onedrive, Google Drive or another cloud storage site in the future.

Plus the cut shouldn't happen until after the paste is successfull. Are you sure you lost the files?

orlbuckeye, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Catastrophic Error: Is there any way to restore my lost files?

1. Catastrophic Error: Is there any way to restore my lost files? - Similar Threads - Catastrophic Error restore

2. Catastrophic error deleted all my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Catastrophic error deleted all my photos: Hello, i desperately need help...Ok..so I was trying to free up some space on my phone, and was moving files from my samsung phone, to a usb drive via my laptopHowever it encountered a castastrophic failure/error or something...as a result i pressed skip on all of the files...
  3. My OneDrive got deleted, and i lost all my files. is there a way to restore it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My OneDrive got deleted, and i lost all my files. is there a way to restore it?: So, i logged in to my OneDrive today on my phone and all the pictures, videos and files where gone. I panicked and started doing some research to why and how. After looking through my emails i saw one where it said my OneDrive would get deleted on 27/03/2023 to be specific...
  4. My OneDrive got deleted, and i lost all my files. is there a way to restore it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My OneDrive got deleted, and i lost all my files. is there a way to restore it?: So, i logged in to my OneDrive today on my phone and all the pictures, videos and files where gone. I panicked and started doing some research to why and how. After looking through my emails i saw one where it said my OneDrive would get deleted on 27/03/2023 to be specific...
  5. Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?: I lost all 800GB of data on my TranscendElite Hard Drive after installing a USB Drive for Windows 10 on it not knowing what it would do, which I know, is very stupid and I have no restore points or File History saves on that drive since I was unable to unfortunately. It...
  6. Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, is there any way to recover any lost files on my hard drive?: I lost all 800GB of data on my TransendElite Hard Drive after installing a USB Drive for Windows 10 on it not knowing what it would do, which I know, is very stupid and I have no restore points or File History saves on that drive since I was unable to unfortunately. I'm...
  7. Lost my files after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my files after system restore: I recently had a problem with Windows where everything I had previously files, apps and more disappeared so I searched online and was suggested to restore my system using 'System Restore'. I did so and I got most of my stuff back except I can't find anything in my images...
  8. Any way to restore shell32 to it's default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to restore shell32 to it's default?: I used to use an external program to change all my PC icons and it worked great... until a recent update corrupted it and a few other programs, so now most of my folders have the default icon and a bunch still have the custom one. I just need a way to change shell32.dll for a...
  9. Is there any way to repair Explorer.exe or restore it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to repair Explorer.exe or restore it?: I think my explorer.exe is really messed up. It keeps crashing even if I manually end it and restart it using task manager. I can still use apps as long as I start the app before explorer crashes. (By crash I mean i get a black screen shortly after I login to my desktop with...
  10. catastrophic error -- 5 Pages lost! How to repair?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    catastrophic error -- 5 Pages lost! How to repair?: I worked on a lengthy document all day yesterday. After storing it, I went back into it and the five most recently typed pages were missing. I had a red X on my list of locations and when I clicked on it, it said "Catastrophic error." I'm in a panic trying to find my...