Windows 10: CBS log file translation

Discus and support CBS log file translation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am having issues with some log files that was created after i performed a sfc /scannow. It gave me an error stating that I had some corrupted files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by haroldg, Mar 13, 2018.

1. haroldg Win User

CBS log file translation

I am having issues with some log files that was created after i performed a sfc /scannow. It gave me an error stating that I had some corrupted files. I then performed Deployment Imaging Service Management scan (DISM /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealth) which ran 100% successfully. I performed another scannow and received a message that said "windows resource protection found corrupted files and successfully repaired them". I performed another scannow for the 3rd time and it gave me something that said the same thing at the beginning(it found some corrupted files and couldn't fix them). I don't know why if, it had just said that it fixed the corrupted files.
    I looked at the log files and went online to see what one of the error said. It turned out that one of the errors said I had a corrupted windows update database so I went to the windodws website and found a KB telling me how to fix it. I basically had to remove the corrupted database and download all the windows update again, which took a while but it worked. I ran the scannow a fourth time and it gave me the same errors.
    I uploaded my log files into dropbox and here is the link(Dropbox - CBS.log). I also uploaded the two screenshots(one that says there are corrupted files and the other that says the corrupted files have been fixed).
    If anyone can help me figure out what the issue is and how to solve it, I would be greatly appreciative.
    Thank you.

:)

haroldg, Mar 13, 2018

2. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. - how do I fix this???

What is the status of this part of the log?

2017-07-20 20:27:42, Info CBS Archived backup log: C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20170717110710.cab.

2017-07-20 20:27:42, Info CBS CAB compressed log file:
    C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20170717110710.log

2017-07-20 20:27:42, Info CBS Failed opening file: C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20170717110710.log [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]

BTW I don't think the part that you have captured is significant. The above portion is the only part which is matched by a Regular Expression looking for Fail other than ones I wanted to skip

fail(?!o)(?!.*f0805)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Mar 13, 2018
  3. dncruler Win User
    Microsoft Edge

Well it did not work. I got the same result as last time. ( Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS . log . For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS . log. Note
    that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.) Any other ideas?

dncruler, Mar 13, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

CBS log file translation

zbook, Mar 13, 2018
  5. topgundcp Win User
    As far as I know, Most people don't have the same problem as you do so there must be something wrong with your Windows.
    If you wish, you can try:
    • Run: chkdsk /r C: ====> this will take a while, /r will scan the disk surface and mark all bad sectors so Windows will avoid using them.
    • Delete everything under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
    • Run: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup ===> Clean up all old components store, advisable after every cummulative updates. This will free up disk storage space.
    • Run: sfc /scannow

The result should look as follows:

CBS log file translation [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 13, 2018
  6. haroldg Win User
    topgundcp,

I was reading on the web that alot of people were saying that the "duplicate ownership" issue was something that that had to do with the system file checker tool and to ignore it. I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

haroldg, Mar 14, 2018
  7. haroldg Win User
    I went ahead and did what you said, but after the scannow, I still received the error.(attched is the screenshot)..

what would you suggest the next step be? Should I reinstall Windows 10?

haroldg, Mar 14, 2018
  8. CBS log file translation

I had or have this issue :

2018-03-19 11:05:24, Info CSI 0000139f Error: Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\pt-PT in component Microsoft-Windows-Font-FMS.Resources, version 10.0.16299.15, arch amd64, culture [l:5]'pt-PT', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}

That's the error, did another in place repair all is fine with SFC and DISM

python134r, Mar 18, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Are you using Portugese on your PC? That looks like the language code for Portugese in Windows.
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CBS log file translation

1. CBS log file translation - Similar Threads - CBS log file

2. help with cbs log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help with cbs log: hi, i recently encountered windows memory diagnostics error so decided to clean install windows again but ran into cbs error logs in sfc scannow.can anyone advise what issue and solution to the further problems....
  3. CBS LOG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  4. CBS LOG

CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  5. CBS log error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS log error: HiWhere do i find and how do i read itThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log-error/dbff8182-75b3-452a-814d-89de21bbcb05
  6. CBS Log question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CBS Log question: Hello, I have a question regarding some text in my recent CBS Log file.I have recently reset my computer due to corruption issues. After resetting the computer I ran the sfc /scannow command and it came up with, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable...
  7. CBS Log question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS Log question: Hello, I have a question regarding some text in my recent CBS Log file.I have recently reset my computer due to corruption issues. After resetting the computer I ran the sfc /scannow command and it came up with, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable...
  8. CBS Log question

9. CBS/DISM log

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CBS/DISM log: Hi, Having stopcode errors for Memory management. Event viewer talks about harddisk0 but I am unable to get further than that as my SFC scan refuses to fix, and my chkdsk fixes issues but new ones pop up. Both DISM log and CBS log are saved to my desktop, I have no way of...
  10. Errors is CBS logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Errors is CBS logs: Have eventually got 10 activated and it is a bit buggy freezing on certain pages and I ran the sfc and got back there are some errors - see pic - and I am wondering just what these errors are and what to do about them. Any advice please. Edit I went looking for them but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cbs log translater

2. anyone know what forcing ge means in the cbs log

3. how to translate cbs log