Windows 10: ccleaner deleting

Discus and support ccleaner deleting in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This problem solved a long time back, now it is happening again, ccleaner removes user name and password from sites, this one included, I tell sites to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wood, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Wood Win User

ccleaner deleting

This problem solved a long time back, now it is happening again, ccleaner removes user name and password from sites, this one included, I tell sites to remember password, ccleaner has list of cookies not to delete, right now this is happening on edge and not firefox, ccleaner 5.44

:)

2. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Jul 22, 2018
  3. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Jul 22, 2018
  4. happy Win User

ccleaner deleting

I Think CCleaner Deleted My AsusSetup Log File

Do I have to recover this log file? Is it important? Why did CCleaner delete it?

Does the free version of Recuva recover deleted files? It doesn't say in the description.

happy, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

ccleaner deleting

1. ccleaner deleting - Similar Threads - ccleaner deleting

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?: How do I restore login information, local browser cache etc. that was deleted by CCleaner? Recuva seems to show files that can be restored, but how do I use them?...
  4. How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?: How do I restore login information, local browser cache etc. that was deleted by CCleaner? Recuva seems to show files that can be restored, but how do I use them?...
  5. How do I restore browser data that was deleted by CCleaner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. strange previously deleted mp4 file name with Chinese letters appeared in CCleaner ,help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    strange previously deleted mp4 file name with Chinese letters appeared in CCleaner ,help.: i remember i deleted that file and i reappeared again in rcycle bin as CCleaner log shows.when i look at what that "S-1-5-21-2458231995-553312096-491071132-1001" number is on internet , so say you can delete but i dont know what to do. https://imgur.com/fyIfak8 //cc log...
  7. Microsoft Store was deleted with CCleaner

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store was deleted with CCleaner: I accidentally deleted the Microsoft Store with CCleaner, along with a bunch of other preinstalled apps. Is there any way I can get them back without paying or reinstalling Windows? (I'm using a standard account and I don't know the admin password, so anything that would...
  8. Deleting icon of CCleaner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting icon of CCleaner: I installed CCleaner, ran the program and then uninstalled it. I seems to have uninstalled successfully but the desktop icon remained. I dragged it to the recycle bin but it popped up on my desktop. I tried to right-click (no luck), then double clicked but now the icon and...
  9. CCleaner show deleted files in bin

CCleaner show deleted files in bin: Hello, I don't know if my W10 registry is messed up or why does CCleaner show files in recycle bin that Windows does not show. CCleaner shows 2 files that has been there but are deleted. See attachment. If this is fixable don't want to re-install W10 because of this. have...
  10. Ccleaner - Secure Deletion (Overwritting)

Ccleaner - Secure Deletion (Overwritting): Hi! I want to always Permanently Delete (Shred) files and folders on my PC so that no one can recover those data. Now I heard for a program called Eraser which allows us to shred files/folders by clicking right click of mouse on the files/folders and then choosing Shredding...