Windows 10: CCleaner Duplicate File Finder

Discus and support CCleaner Duplicate File Finder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I looked at the duplicates and all have the same name and in some files, the path is slightly different. The bytes and the time are all identical. Half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rjordan393, Apr 5, 2018.

1. CCleaner Duplicate File Finder

I looked at the duplicates and all have the same name and in some files, the path is slightly different. The bytes and the time are all identical. Half of the duplicates show two files which includes the original or latetess file and the program only allows me to mark one for deletion. the other half contains files from three to over 30 duplicates. I can mark all but must leave at least one unmarked. I have hundreds of duplicates. I think these files make my maintenance programs run longer then they should.
    I will hold off using this duplicate finder until I find out more about this software.

rjordan393, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hello all,
    After using this file to find duplicates, I marked them to be deleted. The program goes through the deletion
    process and it tells me some of the files were not deleted. But I find that none of the files were deleted. Has anyone experience this problem and did you find a solution?

:)

rjordan393, Apr 19, 2018
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    In Windows 10 how to find and remove duplicate files on the hard drive?

The little
    CCleaner
    program, it has a duplicate file finder feature under its Tools tab.

Be careful !

'Mike P, Apr 19, 2018
  4. CCleaner Duplicate File Finder

I'm overwhelmed by the fact that I've found so many photo duplicates on my computer.

Ok, then just use any duplicate finder utility - there are more than you can count if you search the net. Even something like CCleaner's free version has a Duplicate Finder under Tools.

RobertJWin, Apr 19, 2018
  5. fireberd Win User
    You need to be careful with a duplicate file finder program. Sometimes there can be a duplicate file but its a file, at least the file name, that two different programs have installed. If you delete one of them, one program will not run (or run correctly). For that reason, I don't use a duplicate file finder.

fireberd, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

CCleaner Duplicate File Finder

1. CCleaner Duplicate File Finder - Similar Threads - CCleaner Duplicate File

2. Duplicate Video File Finder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Video File Finder: This might not be the right forum - but I am looking for a program that can take a bunch of video files and flag ones that are duplicate of the others. The challenge is that they might be slightly different times, different resolution, have a watermark, etc. Any suggestions?...
  3. Duplicate Video File Finder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Video File Finder: This might not be the right forum - but I am looking for a program that can take a bunch of video files and flag ones that are duplicate of the others. The challenge is that they might be slightly different times, different resolution, have a watermark, etc. Any suggestions?...
  4. Duplicate Video File Finder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there an inbuilt duplicate file finder for windows 10

Is there an inbuilt duplicate file finder for windows 10: I have downloaded hundreds of files from the internet. I have made some copies of them in different folders. Those files are taking a lot of space and it is really frustrating to search for each of these of files and delete them. I found many duplicate file finders searching...
  6. duplicate file finder

duplicate file finder: is there any duplicate file finder app launched by microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-file-finder/cdaef771-df42-4bf9-b75a-3da9b81b86b6
  7. Duplicate file finder

Duplicate file finder: Does anybody have any recommendations? I would like to clean up my PC; it has many duplicates as a result of crashes and restores. Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-file-finder/6bc56620-8dd7-4854-8786-58d4acde6cf9
  8. Duplicate file finder recommendations?

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate file finder recommendations?: I have a bunch for directories full of photos that I'm trying to organize and remove duplicates. Many of these duplicates have different file names. 152311
  9. Duplicate Image file finder...need one

Duplicate Image file finder...need one: Can any member suggest a free duplicate image file finder ...i have tried a few ..the programs find them but you have buy a license for similar images to be deleted and some are too fiddly to use. Thankyou 96184
  10. Duplicate Pictures/Files finder

Duplicate Pictures/Files finder: Hi, Can anybody recommend a Free Duplicate Pictures/Files finder for Windows.....? I have read reviews for some products, but they all contradict each other, very confusing. Thanks, -BBDS 57253

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ccleaner duplicates are the same but ine js (x86)

2. ccleaner duplicate finder