Windows 10: CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc.

Discus and support CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I've been using system cleaners like CCleaner, Wise Care 365 and Glary Utilities for a long time now. But I recently upgraded to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BicycleRow, Aug 22, 2016.

1. CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc.

Hey,

I've been using system cleaners like CCleaner, Wise Care 365 and Glary Utilities for a long time now. But I recently upgraded to Windows 10 32-bit and I'm not very sure on whether I should use them of not. I read on these forums that using them, especially the registry cleaners, can even cause harm to your computer. My PC is not one of the best ones, so I wanna keep it running as fast as possible. Should I continue to use them?

:)

BicycleRow, Aug 22, 2016

2. latest windows 10 update completely wrecked my computer!

We need to find out why your particular setup caused the update to fail.

It looks like you have lots of apps, any new ones recently installed or updated? Are they all updated with the latest versions?

Do you run registry cleaner type apps? Utilities like CCleaner, Glary Utilities, Norton Utilities, etc?

IJustHelping, Aug 22, 2016
  3. M. Jarsky Win User
    Frequently get error 0x8009002d when signing in with pin

I tried Glary Utilities too, and it seemed to work, but after about two weeks, the error reappeared.

Maybe Glary Utilities never fixed anything?

Maybe Glary Utilities fixes the problem, and Windows Update recreates it?

It does seem like a registry issue, so I am inclined to think it’s the latter.

M. Jarsky, Aug 22, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc.

CCleaner is Always safe to use on your Windows. I've been running it for years on 3 different computers, and 2 of them are 10 years old running Windows 10 Pro. Glary's is more complex thou, which I also have.
    I suggest that you ALWAYS make a complete image backup for your Windows 10, regularly and that will always give you insurance IF something goes wrong. Lots of us on here use Macrium Reflect Free version for all our image backups. *Smile
    Macrium Reflect Free

OldMike65, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Stephanie Win User
    Hi BicycleRow

I can only say for CCleaner yes do use it *Smile

Stephanie, Aug 22, 2016
  6. Some people claim that these programs will destroy your OS.

I've used CCleaner and Glary Utilities for years (on XP, W7 & W10).
    The only issue I've ever had is with MS Project 2010.

If you are worried:
    • Make sure that you use the backup options that these programs include
    • Create a System Restore Point
    • Create a system backup image

lehnerus2000, Aug 22, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    I'm not sure about Glary first hand but I've been using ccleaner for years. Not a single problem.

I don't know about 365 but their Wise Disk Cleaner is also solid.

swarfega, Aug 22, 2016
  8. CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc.

You have answered yourself, you have been using them without problems, so there is no reason to stop now.

People, who write that usually read it somewhere else as well, but they never used any, it is a myth, that is being spread from XP days, when some bad ones created that reputation and it sort of stick to all of them forever. Just like IE6 used to be a virus magnet and even though 7 fixed all of it, it took years and years to forget that bad name.

TairikuOkami, Aug 22, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    That is correct, because most of them are scam programs and/or very poor written.
    I like to use the example of a small bug causing to remove the wrong key of the registry.
    Depending on what the key is meant for it could lead to various of problems like
    • BSODs on startup because information is missing,
    • programs misbehaving or not starting,
    • performance issues,
    • pop-ups about missing stuff or corrupted stuff,
    • etc.
    There are so much more problems that could occur if you're not careful with these programs, but the problems mentioned are quite often the result.

10. bro67 Win User
    First off with modern hardware, there is no more need to run 32-bit Windows. Your CPU should be able to handle 64-bit Windows. As for those utilities, they are still good maintenance. It is just like taking care of your vehicle. If you do not do maintenance on it, it will at some point become sluggish or stop completely.

bro67, Aug 22, 2016
  11. gpstoloff Win User
    I've had Glary Utilities block audio & other options on an HP laptop running 64-bit W10.

gpstoloff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc.

1. CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc. - Similar Threads - CCleaner Glary Utilities

2. Glary Utilities Pro 100% free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Glary Utilities Pro 100% free: [img] Glary Utilities Pro 100% free 168342
  3. Glary Utilities Is Being Reported As Harmful Per Microsoft W10?

Glary Utilities Is Being Reported As Harmful Per Microsoft W10?: Hello. Need your help. I am having issues with Microsoft Edge (new Chromium version) able to download the *.exe file for Glary Utilities and for that matter Microsoft Defender (I would assume it is originating.) on my Windows 10 Pro x64. Why is Microsoft blocking it or...
  4. Glary Utillities

Glary Utillities: Does any one use the above if yes is it good or leave well alone?. Thanks. https://www.glarysoft.com/glary-utilities/ 124850
  5. Glary Utils (free) not cleaning Firefox

Glary Utils (free) not cleaning Firefox: There have been a succession of recent updates to the free Glary utils software. I have used it for a long time, but today I noticed it didn't seem to completely clean my files. Therefore, I ran CCleaner, only to find many hundreds of Firefox cache and other files appearing...
  6. Glary Utilities won't update

Glary Utilities won't update: Hi, Just used Brink's excellent tutorial, to update my nearly ten years old Dell Inspiron laptop to the latest version of W10, the one they said would "never run W10 in a million years".........to keep laptop in tip-top condition I run Glary Utilities, 4 or 5 times a...
  7. Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems"

Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems": Since updating to Glary utilities 5.46.0.46 and now 5.47.0.47, Tracks Eraser now shows more than 12,000 privacy problems! Before, when I hadn't checked in a few days, it used to show no more than about 150 or so. I use mainly Firefox (45.0.1). I can't imagine why Glary is now...
  8. Can't open Glary Utilities

Can't open Glary Utilities: I can't open Glary Utilities, there's a window showing: [img] I think it's a problem on UAC. 29700
  9. Only today: Glary Utilities Pro Lifetime License for Free!

Only today: Glary Utilities Pro Lifetime License for Free!: Hi geeks. Generally speaking I am not a friend of these tuning and optimizing tools. I have not found a single utility to optimize my PC which does something I cannot do manually by myself. However, for those who like this kind of apps, check this offer out: Get Glary...
  10. Glary Utilities

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Glary Utilities: I have used this site for years but today it opens and freezes. Any ideas Thanks 47964