Windows 10: CCleaner in Windows 10

Discus and support CCleaner in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With regards to the registry, i never clean it... very simply put, any performance that is remotely possible to gain from it does not out weight the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clint, Oct 4, 2014.

1. CCleaner in Windows 10

With regards to the registry, i never clean it... very simply put, any performance that is remotely possible to gain from it does not out weight the risk regardless if you have a backup or not, the only time i really go into the registry is when there is a specific value that needs changing/deleting or adding, i won't let any software run through it and decide what's best.

In terms of running CCleaner on Windows 10 it shouldn't matter if anything breaks it given it is only a technical preview for testing with.

There are 2 scenarios:

• You have it set up in a VM or on a spare machine therefore it doesn't matter.
    • You have it installed as your main machine, that's a risk you must have known you were taking.

Finding what does and doesn't break it is part of the fun *Thumbs

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Oct 4, 2014
  2. Flashorn Win User

Well, any experienced user uninstalling an A/V knows to use their Uninstall tool.
    This should take care of the reg files left over to enable you to install a new one.

Security Software - SingularLabs

If you're having to resort to reg cleaners to install a new
    program , it's because you haven't done your job of cleaning up
    the uninstalled one.

Most if not all members that ask about reg cleaners are new to those programs.
    Yes, they look inviting until it bites you in the A.

I would certainly not encourage the use of those useless programs.

Flashorn, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Flashorn Win User
    I entirely agree with that comment.

I've dual booted mine via a USB installer on an older W7 notebook which I bare metal installed before hand.

Works as advertised.

Flashorn, Oct 5, 2014
  4. CCleaner in Windows 10

JDobbsy1987, Oct 5, 2014
  5. mousegolf Win User
    Has everyone forgotten that this alpha version of W10 sends it's own reports to Windows R & D? The purpose of this version is for us to try anything we used in the past allowing the good, bad and ugly to happen. Thus allowing the design team to collect volumes of data on compatibility issues.

Plus. If one feels like adding some of their own subjective experiences with W10 they can submit it.

mousegolf, Oct 6, 2014
  6. I have in the past tried the registry cleaner functionality in CCleaner but often ended up with problems later on.

These days I always make sure all the boxes in the registry cleaner section are unticked and only use CCleaner for cleaning up junk files, which it does very well.

For that purpose, I have not had any problems with it in Windows 10.*Smile

The Doctor, Oct 7, 2014
  7. I mosty agree with JDobbsy1987 mind you the Piriform regcleaner is VERY safe. It doesn't deep clean or remove risky items. NEVER had an issue with it. Still running the undo backup is always a good tip. And sometimes, you can find things in the registry that cause errors. I know what I'm doing though, and when I'm unsure, I research it thoroughly first.

Jody Thornton, Oct 8, 2014
  8. Gary Win User

CCleaner in Windows 10

9. swarfega Win User
    I would be concerned about using registry cleaner in ccleaner on Windows 10 until it states that its fully compatible and I suspect we wont see that until after RTM.

Its file cleaning is superb though and I would recommend that.

swarfega, Jun 24, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    It has Edge in it so my guess is that it is compatible. But as far as using the registry Cleaner, I would be cautious about using that or any other reg cleaner on Windows 10.

11. I don't really think a registry cleaner is necessary anymore. Microsoft is increasingly restricting access to the registry, so there's not as much that would be affecting the registry in the first place. If anything, installing unnecessary system utilities such as ccleaner or interface alterations would have more of a negative affect then, say, gimp and imgburn.

FuturDreamz, Jun 24, 2015
  12. wase4711 Win User
    been using cc cleaner cleaning tool and registry cleaner for several weeks on 10130 without issue...YMMV, as always

wase4711, Jun 24, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

CCleaner in Windows 10

It is not unnecessary, if you do not use the Reg Cleaner. It helps rid your PC of Junk files and Browser garbage that you do not need. Gimp is a Graphics Program which is not germane to this topic.

14. Vladimir Win User
    It works like a charm for Windows 10. No issue since very early Insider Preview builds...

*Smile

Vladimir, Jun 25, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    I have use it for years without any problems on every Windows OS I can think of. CCleaner may be the most used application on the market. The latest release has been downloaded on on site 677838 times.

Thema:

CCleaner in Windows 10

1. CCleaner in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - CCleaner

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  4. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  5. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  6. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  7. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  8. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  10. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...