Windows 10: CCleaner in Windows 10

Discus and support CCleaner in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just seems a really dangerous tool to put out there... I'm sure their are a lot more useful tool that could be added as opposed to the unexploded bomb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clint, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Hully Win User

CCleaner in Windows 10

Just seems a really dangerous tool to put out there... I'm sure their are a lot more useful tool that could be added as opposed to the unexploded bomb that could be Duplicate Tool Finder.

Hully, Oct 31, 2015
  2. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

As with most things, the danger is not the tool but the person using it.

For most users Ccleaner is one of the safest tools of its kind. (Disregarding the duplicate file finder option perhaps)
    To me it's pretty much useless as I require far more powerful tools to do the housekeeping. Horses for courses as per usual I suppose. *Wink

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CCleaner in Windows 10

1. CCleaner in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - CCleaner

2. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  3. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  4. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  5. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  6. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  8. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  9. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

10. Is CCleaner safe or effective?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is CCleaner safe or effective?: I have been using CCleaner for a while now. However recently I have heard that it is not safe or effective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ccleaner-safe-or-effective/1a8fa485-f1be-4d47-9bfb-b9694b3cc7d6