Windows 10: CCleaner keeps crashing in Windows 10

Discus and support CCleaner keeps crashing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, My CCleaner Pro keeps crashing in Windows 10 and leaving a critical event in the Reliability History. I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cornishman, Oct 24, 2015.

1. CCleaner keeps crashing in Windows 10

Hi All,
    My CCleaner Pro keeps crashing in Windows 10 and leaving a critical event in the Reliability History.
    I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it but the same thing happens.
    Anyone else have the same problem?

CCleaner keeps crashing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Cornishman, Oct 24, 2015

2. constant problem

Hi Joe,

Does explorer keep crashing pointing to that dll? Would you be opposed to a 3rd party tool that cleans up the reg/dlls?

Download and install Ccleaner -
    https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

After installing, run the cleaner, and then the registry tool. Run the registry tool until there are no more fixes to be made. Reboot, and see if your problem persists.

Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Oct 24, 2015
  3. Keep getting several errors bad pool header, irql not less or equal, and some other system errors

Original title: windows 10 infinite blue screen restarts

I keep getting several errors bad pool header, irql not less or equal, and some other system errors. I think it might have been caused by registry cleaner from ccleaner it also could be new amd drivers or a windows update<-- most probable cause, but I'm
    unable to boot into safe mode/install windows 7/10

I tried downloading an usb with windows 10 and it would just keep blue screening and crashing, same thing with the windows 7 cd.

Will i need to buy a new hard drive?

brunoespinoza, Oct 24, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

CCleaner keeps crashing in Windows 10

Yes, mine did it too last week, but on my screen it told me it was sending a report to Piriform. Mine is the Pro version, not free version.
    Then I found a problem with a device that was connected to one of my usb ports, changed it to another port, and since then CCleaner has not crashed once.

OldMike65, Oct 24, 2015
  5. I think that I will stop using it for a while and see if they update it.

Cornishman, Oct 24, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I've had the same problem since Ccleaners last update. Plus it opens pretty darn slow now too...

Cliff S, Oct 24, 2015
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Yes. I have noticed it too. It opens real slow on some machines.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 24, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

I have no change in how it opens, still fast for me, also no more crashes in the last 4 or 5 days, since I found a problem with a usb device. Working fine right now....fingers crossed *sarc

OldMike65, Oct 24, 2015
  9. Just had an update for CCleaner Pro
    Hope it sorts a few things out

CCleaner keeps crashing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Cornishman, Oct 25, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Thanks for the heads up*Thumbs This time I uninstalled the old, the installed the new version, instead of just updating on top/over the old version. It seems more responsive now.

Cliff S, Oct 25, 2015
  11. topgundcp Win User
    @Cliff S
    You don't have to install it. Download the portable version, unzip to another drive if you boot up from more than one OS'es and run:
    CCleaner - Portable
    Select 2nd link for portable.

topgundcp, Oct 25, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    I prefer the installed version, portables leave hidden INI files and if you forget to delete them, you carry bad or corrupted settings over too.

Cliff S, Oct 25, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

There is a Pro Plus release as well.

14. azasadny Win User
    It has never crashed for me and I'm using it on 10 Windows 10 PC's...

azasadny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CCleaner keeps crashing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - CCleaner keeps crashing

2. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  3. CCleaner keeps reverting registry keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner keeps reverting registry keys: So, I created a reg file to remove all CCleaner bloatware automatically after installing it, but from time to time, I notice that CCleaner automatically reverts to the default settings. How is that possible that a software can change registry keys on its own while being...
  4. Windows 10 Creator removes Ccleaner - and keeps removing it!

Windows 10 Creator removes Ccleaner - and keeps removing it!: Hi, With the latest Win major update (to build 1709), several programs have been peremptorily removed - without warning the user. This "phenomenon" has been documented and commented on all over the Internet. Apart from the uncouth manner in which such removals happen...
  5. Windows 10 and CCleaner

Windows 10 and CCleaner: Can anyone tell me why CCleaner does not clean these items in Windows 10, see attached. 60909
  6. CCleaner in Windows 10 - problems

CCleaner in Windows 10 - problems: I have used CCleaner for years now on Windows XP, 7 and 8 OK, but on Windows 10, CCleaner does not do anything. I have the trash bin full of files, but CCleaner does not find anything to delete. I upgraded this laptop from 7 to 10. After that CCleaner does not clean anything....
  7. CCleaner in Windows 10

CCleaner in Windows 10: Have any of you run the CCleaner reg cleaner in Win 10? I did but, I didn't delete the files. There were so many just after installing. This is just part of them. [img] 2185
  8. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  9. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...
  10. Ccleaner or ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ccleaner or ?: Is Ccleaner the only tool you can clean your Windows 10 with(not registry)safely? I have Bitdefender Total Security 2018, can I use the optimizer build in that product? I am not a techie so what software out there can I use? [img] 91807

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ccleaner keeps crashing