Windows 10: CCleaner needs to close microsoft edge and internet explorer?

Discus and support CCleaner needs to close microsoft edge and internet explorer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I ran CCleaner today (Great program by the way!), like I do every couple weeks, and it said that edge and internet explorer needed to close to finish.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by possom2009, Sep 29, 2015.

1. CCleaner needs to close microsoft edge and internet explorer?

I ran CCleaner today (Great program by the way!), like I do every couple weeks, and it said that edge and internet explorer needed to close to finish. Thing is, I use neither. So Do they auto run in the background? How can I keep them from starting?

:)

possom2009, Sep 29, 2015
  2. Tobus' Win User

Internet Explorer & MS Edge turning on(and staying on) upon startup by themselves.

Every time I use my "C Cleaner", when I hit "Run Cleaner" this message pops up. " Microsoft Edge Cache Database and Internet Explorer needs to be closed to clean Internet cache. Do you want CCleaner to close Microsoft Edge Cache Database and Internet Explorer?".
    Does anyone happen to know why they do this, and possibly, how do I stop them from doing this? Any,and all, help would be awesome! Thank You!

Tobus', Sep 29, 2015
  3. gaerisch Win User
    Internet Explorer

If Microsoft Edge is the new browser, how come when I run my CCleaner program there are always files left over from Internet Explorer that don't get "cleaned" or removed in the temporary internet folder? Or is some of Internet Explorer still used by Microsoft
    Edge. For that matter some of the files in Microsoft Edge are skipped by CCleaner, I'm wondering why. Does Edge run in the background because of its link with Cortana? I'm just curious as to why some files are always left over by CCleaner. In Windows 7 when
    I ran CCleaner nothing was left over. The temporary internet folder was completely emptied, not so in Windows 10. If I check when deleting the browsing history there are no files in the temporary internet folder. But CCleaner always has some left. I'm just
    not sure why, and I like to know if its an issue or that's just the way it works.

gaerisch, Sep 29, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

CCleaner needs to close microsoft edge and internet explorer?

never receive this message unless they are open, the browsers. Even shutting off Live Tile in start menu for Edge i do not think is the cause. Possible some other program is using these browsers, maybe due to Ccleaners monitoring feature found in settings.Try to disable it and see.

jds63, Sep 29, 2015
  5. I get that with Crome that I don't use and IE11 all I do is click yes close them and then it will close them and carry on cleaning

hTconeM9user, Sep 29, 2015
  6. ccleaner will close browsers for you. possibly you have live tiles running for edge and ie. turn them off.

lopedoggie, Sep 29, 2015
  7. JohnC Win User
    I have gotten a message that Edge needs to close so CCleaner can clean it's temp files. Check the box and from then on it will do that automatically. Edge is used with Cortana, so I think that CCleaner wants the user to be aware if there is a momentary disruption.

JohnC, Sep 29, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

I have received that message too when the browser(s) are open. I think it may have to do with the difficulty deleting files that are in use.

essenbe, Sep 29, 2015
  9. I do not use Cortana, Store, Start, Edge, live titles and still get that message.
    It is probably related to inetcache or something like that used by Windows.

EDIT: I have noticed, that when I clicked to close Edge, dllhost.exe process has been shut down.
    When the process is not running, CCleaner does not ask anything and just performs the cleanup.

TairikuOkami, Sep 29, 2015
  10. swarfega Win User
    ccleaner requires that the browsers that it supports should be closed in order to be able to clean its files. This is to do with file permissions.

swarfega, Sep 29, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Strange is to how some have this issue like thread starter and some do not, wondering exactly why this is. As some say i only have this issue if browsers are open, which makes sense if know or see it is open. Box that comes up can be set to never remind you again, but of course it will close the browser without warning. Of course for me Firefox is open on screen cap. i know.
    Flaw for some or some other program has the browser open in back round, not sure to say it might be a CCleaner issue for some, recently a new version shows support for browsers in each . CCleaner - Version History

CCleaner needs to close microsoft edge and internet explorer? [​IMG]

jds63, Sep 30, 2015
  12. How many gazillion transistors, resistors, capacitors, ICs and connections does a program path have? It only takes a 1 or 0 to be missing somewhere for a hickup to occur. Remove and reinstall CCleaner and see if that fixes it. Just sayin.

lopedoggie, Sep 30, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Who knows, many responses except the thread starters one.

jds63, Sep 30, 2015
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    CCleaner does the same thing to me, has ever since I upgraded to win10. Reinstalled CCleaner, makes no difference. I just gave up trying to figure out why. Only browser it affects is my IE11. I don't use edge, or Cortana, never have. Turned off. Does not brother Chrome at all. Don't use firefox.

OldMike65, Oct 1, 2015
  15. eLPuSHeR Win User
    It must be some dll loaded up in memory or something like that. Not the main executable from the aforementioned browser(s). I also got a warning about closing IE and Edge and I do not use them.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

1. CCleaner needs to close microsoft edge and internet explorer? - Similar Threads - CCleaner needs close

2. Why the system closes Internet Explorer automatically and starts Microsoft Edge instead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the system closes Internet Explorer automatically and starts Microsoft Edge instead?: I'm a industry system integrator. I need to use 32-bit Internet Explorer to open the webpage for some devices. The Windows 10 closes the Internet Explorer automatically and open the Microsoft Edge instead when I open the IE. How can fix it?...
  3. Why the system closes Internet Explorer automatically and starts Microsoft Edge instead?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why the system closes Internet Explorer automatically and starts Microsoft Edge instead?: I'm a industry system integrator. I need to use 32-bit Internet Explorer to open the webpage for some devices. The Windows 10 closes the Internet Explorer automatically and open the Microsoft Edge instead when I open the IE. How can fix it?...
  4. Why the system closes Internet Explorer automatically and starts Microsoft Edge instead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  6. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  7. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  8. Microsoft Edge and CCleaner (v5.42.6499).

Microsoft Edge and CCleaner (v5.42.6499).: I use W10 and IE10 and Firefox, not Edge. Just recently found CCleaner now skips IE Temp Int Files, History and Cookies. Reverted to earlier version, same. A Google search suggested this could be due to something running in the background. Looking in Task Manager, I found IE...
  9. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  10. CCleaner Wants to Close Edge

CCleaner Wants to Close Edge: I'm not using Edge but I am using IE 11. Any idea why CCleaner wants to close Edge ever time I run the cleaner?? If I'm not using it why is it open? James 47521

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ccleaner close ie

2. ccleaner & internet explorer

3. ccleaner edge needs to be closed

4. microsoft edge needs to be closed ccleaner,
  5. ccleaner internet explorer needs to close,
  6. windows 10 ccleaner want to close edge