Windows 10: CCleaner Question

Discus and support CCleaner Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm wondering why CCleaner shows it is cleaning IE temporary files when I never use IE? Just curious. Windows 10 Home, version 1607 78861 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr Ed, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

CCleaner Question

I'm wondering why CCleaner shows it is cleaning IE temporary files when I never use IE? Just curious.

Windows 10 Home, version 1607

:)

Mr Ed, Mar 7, 2017
  2. Shilohbob Win User

any help finding and removing these files?

To be honest CCleaner found them, have you contacted CCleaner support to assist in your question!!!!!!

Why not let CCleaner remove them?

Shilohbob, Mar 7, 2017
  3. windows defender

Unsure what your question is...

Guess this might help:

Do you use CCleaner?

If so: The default CCleaner settings are deleting the log that tells Windows Defender when it did the last scan, and this would then result in a notification such as Windows Defender needs to scan your computer.

Try unchecking Windows Defender in CCleaner.

Jsssssssss, Mar 7, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

CCleaner Question

A number of programs use the features of IE for things like updates and could be adding 'stuff'. Even File Explorer [and the older Windows Explorer] has ties to IE. One could go into that Folder and check each entry but that will take a lot of time, and some items may not be easily identifiable.

Berton, Mar 7, 2017
  5. topgundcp Win User
    This is one of the problem with IE. Since it is part of the Windows core files, certain files keep re-creating even if you don't use it. If you double click on the file, you'll see the file name is:
    "C:\Users\Coyote\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\SuggestedSites.dat"
    It seems that if you delete this file, it will re-create even you turn off "Enable suggested site" from Advanced tab of Internet Option.

CCleaner Question [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 7, 2017
  6. Some other programmes will use parts of IE to work propery even though you don't use IE some other programmes will use these services. Before you run CCleaner again have a look at the TIF and you will most probably find that they look very familiar from being shown in some other program you didn't realize was relying on IE's HTML code. My missus only uses firefox and there is always TIF in IE, in short nothing to worry about.

Brightblessings, Mar 8, 2017
  7. Mr Ed Win User
    Thank you, gents, for the clear explanations. My curiosity has been satisfied. *Smile

Mr Ed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CCleaner Question

1. CCleaner Question - Similar Threads - CCleaner Question

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  4. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  5. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  6. ccleaner - office 2019 question

ccleaner - office 2019 question: Hey guys. I did a fresh install windows 10, ccleaner and office 2019 professional plus When I open ccleaner and then click custom clean and click on applications, it says office 2016 not 2019 If someone here has office 2019 pro plus with ccleaner can you kindly open cc and...
  7. Used registry cleaner within CCleaner to try and fix Xbox (beta) issues but have questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used registry cleaner within CCleaner to try and fix Xbox (beta) issues but have questions.: So I (stupidly) used the registry cleaner within CCleaner without doing much research on exactly what that does. I now realize majority of the internet advises against doing that. I have not had any issues at all with my computer since I’ve done it but I’m just wondering if...
  8. Another CCleaner Question...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Another CCleaner Question...: Last week’s CCleaner thread prompted another question, but I didn’t want to hijack that thread (again). I’ve used CCleaner for years across multiple versions of Windows to clean up after various browsers. Other functions I’ve used it is for the Secure Delete and the Free...
  9. Ccleaner question

Ccleaner question: This is a Windows Vista question, but I'm sure someone here will have the answer. I've been using CCleaner on my Win10 laptop, but just added it to my Vista desktop, which is shared by my wife and myself. Do I need to run this app on both mine and hers, or does running it on...
  10. CCleaner question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CCleaner question: I finally took the free upgrade today and I ran the CCleaner free program and the registry scan came up with a ton of errors. Should I clean them all and use the save the file feature? or just leave it alone? Thanks! *Smile 55144

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ccleaner questions