Windows 10: CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy

Discus and support CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Amazon knows me: hello ..... Although I use a vpn, I am registered by my cookies (I presume). Using CCleaner you are able to clean/remove your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PiKo, Feb 24, 2018.

1. PiKo Win User

CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy

Amazon knows me: hello .....
    Although I use a vpn, I am registered by my cookies (I presume).
    Using CCleaner you are able to clean/remove your cookies.
    This works for Firefox. Amazon doesnot recognize me anymore.
    However, it does not work for Internet Explorer (my alternative browser). Amazon still recognizes me.
    Failure of CCleaner, of something else?
    (Of course I know that inprivate browsing might be an option, when I don't want to be recognized)

:)

2. remove virus on windows phone 8

Hi Pete,

I wanted to post this in case some one else has this issue. I wasted hours on this issue. Somehow I got adware on my phone. I must have downloaded something. No matter what I did it went to that page ( pic above) . Even when I reset the phone.

I ran a scan on my computer with the phone attached since i could not run a scan on the phone alone. Both Norton & Malwarebytes found adware that was deleted.

Now I have Bing back.

I had just done a scan of my computer prior to attaching my phone, one of these were on the phone ( maybe ):

All I know is after the scan the page went away.

Tracking cookie: Cookie:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***/ Removed

Tracking cookie: Orphan cleanup Removed

thanks for your help and quick reply. I really appreciate it.

Charlotte

PhillyBurbs, Feb 24, 2018
  3. Notice of cookies and notice of privacy keep appearing on one website

> This happens in Firefox, IE, and Chrome.
    - - - -

What security or privacy programs are you running? Are you running CCleaner or another program that tries to "manage" cookies?

If you've ever uninstalled Norton or McAfee did you run the removal program?

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 24, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

If you need to protect (save) individual cookies, you can in Ccleaner. (Options, Cookies).

Check you have not disabled IE cookie cleaning.

Note: some sites retain the fact you've signed out via cookies- really these should not be ones on which you do financial transactions. It sounds as though Amazon keeps that record on its server, so it may not be cookie dependent.

See:
    Amazon.co.uk Help: About Signing In and Signing Out
    e.g.
    Keep Me Signed in Checkbox

When you sign in on Amazon.co.uk, you may see an option to "Keep me signed in". If you choose this option, Amazon will keep you signed in for common activities such as making purchases and viewing your orders. This option will only apply to the computer and the browser that you're using when you select the box.

- did you use that option in IE?

dalchina, Feb 24, 2018
  5. Doesn't IE allow you to delete cookies?

margrave55, Feb 24, 2018
  6. Mooly Win User
    You have to tick (and untick with regard to favourites) your desired cleaning options in IE.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy - Similar Threads - CCleaner removal cookies

2. Privacy Alert "Cookie Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Alert "Cookie Information": Privacy Alert This was coming from a pop up saying yahoo and other domains are requesting to save a file on my computer called cookie. This is the data d=AQABBAT-YWMCEJ0KAXSkOGhqnDepEtYeLvoFEgEBAQFPY2NrYwAAAAAA_eMAAA&S=AQAAAro-b--7nTh5ZzP82VRSr3oI need more information...
  3. Privacy Alert "Cookie Information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy Alert "Cookie Information": Privacy Alert This was coming from a pop up saying yahoo and other domains are requesting to save a file on my computer called cookie. This is the data d=AQABBAT-YWMCEJ0KAXSkOGhqnDepEtYeLvoFEgEBAQFPY2NrYwAAAAAA_eMAAA&S=AQAAAro-b--7nTh5ZzP82VRSr3oI need more information...
  4. CCleaner and CCleaner Browser - Privacy and PC Health

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CCleaner and CCleaner Browser - Privacy and PC Health: Greetings,I've been using CCleaner from time to time and was wondering if this is a good idea in terms of privacy and the health of my PC. I've found mixed advice on CCleaner, some appraising as a wonderful piece of software and others downright calling it malware. I've never...
  5. Removing Cookies

Removing Cookies: how to remove tracking cookies [Original Title: cookies] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/removing-cookies/2b7be4fc-66fe-4e2c-9781-66fd6bcb2e43
  6. How to remove the virus cookie:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***?

How to remove the virus cookie:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***?: Hi, My Symentec Endpoint showed that my PC has a virus, cookie:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This virus did not show up after I reinstalled my pc with a image until a few days later as I keep checking my pc with Symentec every day. I am wondering if it is...
  7. Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas?

Excellent cookie cleaner sought (not Ccleaner) - ideas?: Hi, I need a program that comprehensively lists cookies and allows certain ones to be kept (i.e. not deleted). Ccleaner lists cookies, and you can choose to search and drag them to a 'keep' list. But Ccleaner only lists a few cookies- when I use Firefox to view its cookies,...
  8. privacy alerts re: allow cookies

privacy alerts re: allow cookies: Once again I'm constantly receiving the privacy alert asking to allow or block cookies. The pop-up box does not allow me to check to be certain how the cookie options is set. in IE or Edge browsers I use. After several years of trying I still do not understand what are...
  9. Stubborn cookies in CCleaner

Stubborn cookies in CCleaner: I posted this problem on Piriform's forum some weeks ago but nobody has responded. After cleaning, I find cookies from bing and msn are still present and I have to right click and erase them myself. What can I do so that they are cleaned during the normal erase procedure? Or...
  10. Ccleaner removed by updates

Ccleaner removed by updates: On three occasions I have re-installed Ccleaner after it was removed for some reason after an update, has anyone else experienced this? Regards. 32514