Windows 10: CCleaner show deleted files in bin

Discus and support CCleaner show deleted files in bin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know if my W10 registry is messed up or why does CCleaner show files in recycle bin that Windows does not show. CCleaner shows 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by splitsecond, Nov 16, 2017.

1. CCleaner show deleted files in bin

Hello,

I don't know if my W10 registry is messed up or why does CCleaner show files in recycle bin that Windows does not show. CCleaner shows 2 files that has been there but are deleted. See attachment. If this is fixable don't want to re-install W10 because of this. have tried to completely remove CCleaner all registry settings and to reinstall, but no affect.

CCleaner show deleted files in bin [​IMG]

:)

splitsecond, Nov 16, 2017
  2. hanekawa Win User

can't delete files win10 15058

empty the recycle bin or delete a file using shift+delete causes the explorer to close and do not delete the file.

CCleaner can empty the recycle bin, but I don't know how to delete files on a usb drive.

hanekawa, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Whoosh7 Win User
    new ovisuite and sync problems with outlook contacts

Bin there, done that, read the book, seen the film, eat the pie - Thanks, but I did do advanced search all/hidden/system/files/folders for nokia and ovi and deleted after trying to uninstall them all

OVI suite still shows in CCleaner, though not in remove programs - I think the issue is registry entries - not files, we need Nokia to provide a proper cleaner

Whoosh7, Nov 16, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

CCleaner show deleted files in bin

Unlikely to be the registry or CCleaner. This may be due to an error in the ntfs file structure. Run chkdsk to find out.

5. dalchina New Member
    Have you noticed just how large those files are (supposedly)? Almost certainly something astray.

dalchina, Nov 16, 2017
  6. They were large, system backup files which were deleted. No disk errors from CHKDSK.
    SFC /scannow did not give anything , neither DISM checks. Really weird.

7. Bree New Member
    Volume shadow copies perhaps? Try running Disk Clean up, click the 'clean up system files' button, then click the 'More options' tab and delete all but the latest restore point. This should also clear shadow copies. You could also try configuring system protection for the drive concerned. Turning it off then back on again will delete all shadow copies and restore points.

8. CCleaner show deleted files in bin

I found the solution. I have Macrium backup software and after ransomware attacks it has image guard, which protects the images from being altered or deleted. Disabled the guard and cleaned up CCleaner, no "ghost files" anymore.

9. dalchina New Member
    Hmm, good find.. worth researching in Macrium forums.. I think it's a newish feature...

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CCleaner show deleted files in bin

1. CCleaner show deleted files in bin - Similar Threads - CCleaner show deleted

2. Recycle bin deleted my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin deleted my files: I selected the files in the recycle bin, and pressed restore. Now they are gone. Where are my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin-deleted-my-files/ed159ac7-5ea3-4f4b-832b-b399da342e5a
  3. Recycle bin automatically deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin automatically deleting files: Running Windows 8.1 - How do I stop the Recycle Bin from automatically deleting the items in case I want to restore a deleted file? The deleted files used to stay in the Recycle Bin until I deleted them. Now, a deleted file doesn't even make it to the Recycle Bin, it just...
  4. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  5. Deleted files not showing in Recycle Bin in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Deleted files not showing in Recycle Bin in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10 OS if you accidentally delete a file, you can restore it […] This article Deleted files not showing in Recycle Bin in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  7. Stop CCleaner from touching the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop CCleaner from touching the Recycle Bin: Heya! Is there any way for me to stop CCleaner from deleting Recycle Bin contents. I mean to stop it from doing that at all, so it will not do that even after content inside is over 24 hours old... 159555
  8. Deleted Items Not Showing In Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Items Not Showing In Recycle Bin: On the desktop there is the recycle bin. The following has just started to happen. Before when I deleted something, the recycle bin showed that there was something in the bin. Now when I delete something the recycle bin does NOT show that there is something in the bin. I...
  9. Deleting icon of CCleaner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting icon of CCleaner: I installed CCleaner, ran the program and then uninstalled it. I seems to have uninstalled successfully but the desktop icon remained. I dragged it to the recycle bin but it popped up on my desktop. I tried to right-click (no luck), then double clicked but now the icon and...
  10. ccleaner deleting

in Browsers and Email
    ccleaner deleting: This problem solved a long time back, now it is happening again, ccleaner removes user name and password from sites, this one included, I tell sites to remember password, ccleaner has list of cookies not to delete, right now this is happening on edge and not firefox, ccleaner...