Windows 10: CCleaner?

Discus and support CCleaner? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First the malware issue and today, a new version 5.37.6309 has a "get avast free" notation and a check box with a very small mark in the bottom right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by anaron, Nov 16, 2017.

1. anaron Win User

CCleaner?

First the malware issue and today, a new version 5.37.6309 has a "get avast free" notation and a check box with a very small mark in the bottom right corner of the box. Having vision issues is a real pain with normal computer operations but Avast intentional attempt to COVERTLY install Avast is a total disgrace! Never had to worry about installing ccleaner in the past, click custom, uncheck everything but auto updates and intelligent cookie scan . Unfortunately I ended up with Avast installed which I absolutely do not want - been there and done that! If I wanted Avast it would already be one my computer. May be time to start looking for something to replace Ccleaner as I do not need any programs that come from companies that find it necessary to resort to these sneaky and low life tactics. Any one know of a comparable program owned by another company?

Ron Burnes

:)

anaron, Nov 16, 2017
  2. JSheridan Win User

I was thinking the same thing. Gonna try Wise Disk Cleaner.

JSheridan, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Plankton Win User
    I"m glad this was posted......I'll just hold off updating mine.

Plankton, Nov 16, 2017
  4. pyramid10 Win User

CCleaner?

When I installed the latest CCleaner, I felt something was off after clicking 'custom'. I followed the rabbit trail forward to the end, and then 'back'ed my way to the beginning; and there it was, the 'hidden' ticked install additional software.

For the time being, I'm going to treat this as a challenging game with google/piriform.

Alternatively, I could show restraint and patience, and wait until the Slim version (without any artificial additives) comes out a week or two later.

pyramid10, Nov 16, 2017
  5. As you may know, Avast owns CCleaner. So, it shouldn't be a surprise if they try to push their main product onto people. Use a tool like Unchecky to automatically uncheck those boxes for you. *Smile

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 16, 2017
  6. This all was covered in another thread. Just do not install any program willy nilly without looking at what you are agreeing to. Don't check boxes that will install programs that you do not want installed. Freeware programs are not always free. Be careful and use some common sense when installing programs.

Josey Wales, Nov 16, 2017
  7. anaron Win User
    I have no problem with any company promoting their products thru another product that they own. It is their right and I would do it too. I do however have a problem with the way Avast is doing it. DO NOT check the box for me! If I want the product, I WILL CHECK THE BOX! All Avast has done is to now be put on my list of companies that I wish to avoid in the future!

That is not a problem as they check it for you! Admittedly, I could have unchecked the "not" a check mark, but being low visioned up close, I honestly did not even seen the tiny mark in the bottom right corner. Had they not checked the box for me then it would not have been an issue!

Ron Burnes

CCleaner? [​IMG]

anaron, Nov 16, 2017
  8. CCleaner?

Who is to say that when CCleaner 5.38 comes out there will not be a choice. I for one will start looking for an alternative or just will not update. The updates do not have stuff that you must have.*Wink

Josey Wales, Nov 16, 2017
  9. anaron Win User
    Absolutely!

anaron, Nov 16, 2017
  10. essenbe Win User
    I was never asked and didn't get Avast installed. Yes, I always check.

essenbe, Nov 16, 2017
  11. pbcopter Win User
    I prefer the portable version of CCleaner.

pbcopter, Nov 16, 2017
  12. As mentioned, there are several ways to deal with it:

1 CCleaner Slim (released a few days after ad-supported)
    2. Portable version - CCleaner - Builds
    3. Use a firewall, which blocks outbound
    4. Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear
    5. Use other alternative, but I was unable to find a good one, which would allow cookies exceptions. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Nov 16, 2017
  13. Cliff S New Member

CCleaner?

And we wouldn't even need it if there was something like "Self Destructing Cookies" for ALL browsers*Wink

Cliff S, Nov 16, 2017
  14. Except it does not work, I have tried several. Some persistent cookies can not be cleaned, when the browser is running.

I really like this one, but it fails as well. *cry

Cookie AutoDelete - Chrome Web Store

TairikuOkami, Nov 16, 2017
  15. Cliff S New Member
    That's true and not to mention the super cookies.

Cliff S, Nov 16, 2017
Thema:

CCleaner?

1. CCleaner? - Similar Threads - CCleaner

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  4. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  5. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  6. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  7. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  8. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  10. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ccleaner intelligent cookie scan