Windows 10: Ccleaner

Discus and support Ccleaner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello Iran Ccleaner's Windows tab with defaults as is and it analyzed 1 GB to be removed. When I ran the cleaner it said 8 MB were removed. What is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maranna, Sep 12, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

Ccleaner

hello
    Iran Ccleaner's Windows tab with defaults as is and it analyzed 1 GB to be removed. When I ran the cleaner it said 8 MB were removed.
    What is wrong?
    TY

:)

maranna, Sep 12, 2015

2. CCleaner

Then you should check with them.

IJustHelping, Sep 12, 2015
  3. CarolLJ Win User
    CCleaner

Thanks for bringing that to my attn., Pa Bear. I should have known, since I'm nearing the end of my 14-day trial!

CarolLJ, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Ccleaner

What release of CCleaner are you using?

5. Gary Win User
    If you will not answer then I cannot help you.

6. maranna Win User
    I just returned from dinner;
    ver 5.09.5343

maranna, Sep 13, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    It all depend on what you have checked to remove, I have never had such a problem. Maybe yo have a bad or corrupted install. Maybe try to install it again.

8. gpstoloff Win User

Ccleaner

CCLeaner will scan for all of the "trashable" elements and report that total in the "pop-up" box.

However, when you choose to run CCleaner, only those item types which have their boxes checked along the left side of the dialogue will be deleted.

gpstoloff, Sep 13, 2015
  9. maranna Win User
    I did not run the registry cleaner. I ran the Windows tab. It said there was a lot to clear but when I clicked to remove, it only removed a lesser amount by far.
    Again when I ran it on the other pc to analyze it deleted before it gave me a chance to click remove.
    two questions;
    1-Is this now version having troubles as I used 2 pcs?
    2-when you use the Windows or application tab(not the registry cleaner) what of the defaults do you remove, if any?

maranna, Sep 13, 2015
  10. Run the analyze again and see if any were skipped

Ccleaner [​IMG]

Cornishman, Sep 13, 2015
  11. maranna Win User
    It is easy to forget what you did but to my knowledge on my desktop, I did re - run it and a lot were found which I deleted. I just analyzed it again today and 83 MBs can be deleted.
    The laptop is where the analyze button removed all it found with out my clicking the remove button.
    It seems to working ok now but who knows. At least I have a restore point prior to each Ccleaner run.

maranna, Sep 13, 2015
  12. I've never seen cCleaner not clean what it finds and I've never seen cCleaner clean things automatically.

It's possible that you have a fake cCleaner (see Piriform forums)

- I recommend uninstalling the cCleaner pgm you have installed and then download cCleaner from Piriform to install fresh.

Here is the direct link to the Piriform cCleaner download - after the page loads, the download should begin within a few seconds.

Slartybart, Sep 13, 2015
  13. maranna Win User

Ccleaner

I did download it from Piriform. I think I am ok. I ran SFC and all seems ok. I have that system restore point to fall back on. I have disabled monitoring with Ccleaner. I prefer to see what is happening when it does, especially now.
    If any one has any issues please let us know.
    TY

maranna, Sep 13, 2015
  14. mrpumpkin Win User
    I have seen CCleaner not clean before, mainly Win 10. A restart will often fix the problem. A work around until a restart is convenient, right clicking the file that is stubborn and selecting clean often works, or right clicking, select view detailed results, then right click and select 'open containing folder' & delete manually.

mrpumpkin, Sep 13, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    Happen to have more then one user account on this laptop ? Just a guess here.

Ccleaner [​IMG]

jds63, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

Ccleaner

1. Ccleaner - Similar Threads - Ccleaner

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  4. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  5. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  6. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  7. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  8. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  10. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...