Windows 10: CD drive not working

Discus and support CD drive not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, for some unknown reason my CD drive is not responding at all.... I am running windows 10, previously I have had no problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sharoncampbell4, Aug 19, 2018.

1. CD drive not working

Hi, for some unknown reason my CD drive is not responding at all....

I am running windows 10, previously I have had no problems.

:)

sharoncampbell4, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Marie Ave Win User

CD drive not working

Hi Harold,

It is possible that your CD drive is outdated or has compatibility issues if you happen to install a recent update on your computer. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following details:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What were the changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What version of Windows 10 are you using? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, select the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.

To help you resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs support article.

Important note:
    This article contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before
    you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Let us know how it goes.

Marie Ave, Aug 19, 2018
  3. shardz Win User
    CD Drive not working

yeah, it is, it goes through the intital formating that takes like an hour, just fine...but the part after the mandatory comp restart where it has all the phrases like The best Windows yet..then after it asks for m cd key..about 1 min later it says i need info from my windows cd and it cant find my cd drive...but the odd part is--i looked in my bios and my cd drive is listed as slave..

shardz, Aug 19, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive not working

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

CD drive not working

1. CD drive not working - Similar Threads - drive working

2. How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...: I have a Toshiba laptop L755-S5153 and BounceBack v20 installed. When I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the BounceBack copy engine was unable to load. I discovered that there is some sort of conflict with the CD/DVD drive because if I disable the CD/DVD drive,...
  3. How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...: I have a Toshiba laptop L755-S5153 and BounceBack v20 installed. When I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the BounceBack copy engine was unable to load. I discovered that there is some sort of conflict with the CD/DVD drive because if I disable the CD/DVD drive,...
  4. My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.: \C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7920.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7931.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER792B.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\...
  5. My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.: \C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7920.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  6. My C: drive isn't working, Here is the error codes, from the start to the end.

7. WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...: For years my WD external HD worked with Windows including windows 11. After connecting it to my Android TV box it also worked. Now the windows 11 computer does not recognise the WD and I cannot access very important files. Why and with limited skills what to do?...
  8. WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...

WD EXTERNAL DRIVE WORKED ON WINDOWS 11 BUT AFTER CONNECTING TO ANDROID DOES NOT WORK WITH...: For years my WD external HD worked with Windows including windows 11. After connecting it to my Android TV box it also worked. Now the windows 11 computer does not recognise the WD and I cannot access very important files. Why and with limited skills what to do?...
  9. ”Working on it…” when I try to open a specific drive SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ”Working on it…” when I try to open a specific drive SSD: When I open file explorer and try to open a specific drive SSD it just says “Working on it…” indefinitely. This all started when I was deleting large files off of it to clear up space. I can still view the drive’s properties and all that, I just can’t access anything on it. I...
  10. Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update

Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11 does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom disappear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update,...