Windows 10: cd drive won't show?

Discus and support cd drive won't show? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my cd drive icon was showing and working then stopped showing up. I did as much research as I could and purchased AVG driver updater and it worked for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobco4282, Sep 23, 2015.

1. bobco4282 Win User

cd drive won't show?

my cd drive icon was showing and working then stopped showing up. I did as much research as I could and purchased AVG driver updater and it worked for a few days and won't work again. please help me. thanks

:)

bobco4282, Sep 23, 2015

2. how do I change the default CD burning device in Windows 10

My pre-installed CD drive no longer burns CD-Rs that work, so I bought an external CD drive, but my software (Cyberlink Power2Go) won't recognize the new drive and will only burns CDs in the pre-installed drive. My PC uses Windows 10. How do I change the
    default CD burning device in Windows 10 so that Power2Go will recognize the blank CD-R I put in the new external CD drive instead of defaulting to the old one? Thanks!

DarrenMacDonald55, Sep 23, 2015
  3. bonesky Win User
    flash drive won't play in media player

recorded several cd's on flash drive won't play back on same computer. Did this with 2 diff flash drives on media player. shows the cd's and songs have windows 10

bonesky, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

cd drive won't show?

"I purchased a driver updater" sounds like someone made you pay for snake oil. Drivers are available for free; especially drivers for CD drives - CD drives usually don't even need a special driver. They use the one coming with Windows by default.

Anyway, please have a look into the Device Manager: Does it list a section called CD/DVD drives and does the CD drive still show up there?

If it does not: Can you look into the BIOS and see, if the drive is still visible there? There might e.g. be a list of boot devices (which you should not change)...

Joergi, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

cd drive won't show?

1. cd drive won't show? - Similar Threads - drive won't show

2. The CD-ROM drive shows some files, but there is no CD inside the drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The CD-ROM drive shows some files, but there is no CD inside the drive: The CD-ROM drive shows some files, but there is no CD inside the drive.Also, sometimes, it shows files from previous CD, as if didn't refresh the actual content.Even when I force a "Refresh", "F5" or "open the CD-ROM extension", the actual content is not shown.Sometimes, I...
  3. The CD-ROM drive shows some files, but there is no CD inside the drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The CD-ROM drive shows some files, but there is no CD inside the drive: The CD-ROM drive shows some files, but there is no CD inside the drive.Also, sometimes, it shows files from previous CD, as if didn't refresh the actual content.Even when I force a "Refresh", "F5" or "open the CD-ROM extension", the actual content is not shown.Sometimes, I...
  4. The CD-ROM drive shows some files, but there is no CD inside the drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cd Dvd Drive is not showing

Cd Dvd Drive is not showing: I have Msi GP62 7RDX Leopard. After Reset windows 10, Cd Dvd Drive is not showing in Device Manager and this pc page. And dvd tray is not open , when click button....
  6. Cd Dvd Drive is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cd Dvd Drive is not showing: I have Msi GP62 7RDX Leopard. After Reset windows 10, Cd Dvd Drive is not showing in Device Manager and this pc page. And dvd tray is not open , when click button....
  7. Cd Dvd Drive is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External CD Drive not Showing Up

External CD Drive not Showing Up: Hello! I have an external CD drive but it will not show up anywhere on my computer. It can turn on and eject, and it is visible on other computers, but on my <1 year old laptop, I can't find it in "This PC", "Disc Management", "Device Manager", or anywhere else....
  9. DVD drive won't play CD

DVD drive won't play CD: DVD drive used to play CDs just fine. Now it isn't recognized by the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-wont-play-cd/fbee553a-62bb-4785-aa0b-49bd4637ea0f
  10. dvd/cd drive not showing

dvd/cd drive not showing: I inserted a cd in the drive to rip the contents but nothing happened.I have looked in devices but the drive dosen`t show. it is a long time since I last used it but I`ve tried two different software programmes with no luck.I am running version 1803 64 bit.Can anyone help...