Windows 10: cd drive

Discus and support cd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Find no record of a cd drive and nothing will play in the drive 21307 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wschoon, Sep 4, 2015.

1. wschoon Win User

cd drive

Find no record of a cd drive and nothing will play in the drive

:)

wschoon, Sep 4, 2015

2. how do I change the default CD burning device in Windows 10

My pre-installed CD drive no longer burns CD-Rs that work, so I bought an external CD drive, but my software (Cyberlink Power2Go) won't recognize the new drive and will only burns CDs in the pre-installed drive. My PC uses Windows 10. How do I change the
    default CD burning device in Windows 10 so that Power2Go will recognize the blank CD-R I put in the new external CD drive instead of defaulting to the old one? Thanks!

DarrenMacDonald55, Sep 4, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Cannot find the D drive in regular places.

Most times D: is the CD/DVD drive and unless there is a CD or DVD inserted it doesn't show.

Normal drive lettering from long back, A & B floppy drives, C system drive, D CD/DVD drive.

lacrumb, Sep 4, 2015
  4. cd drive

Hi!

For help we need a little more than "Laptop". Please fill out your System Specs, so we can have a look for your Problem.
    Thanks.

Cluster Head, Sep 4, 2015
  5. wschoon Win User
    No sure what you mean by System specs

wschoon, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Hi again!

System Manufacturer, Model Number, Computer type, etc. .....! = System Specs....

Cluster Head, Sep 5, 2015
  7. wschoon Win User
    Acer Aspire 7551-7422 Had Windows 7 on it. Can't play cds, so in looking in device manager, there is no sign of it.
    amd Phenom (tm) quad-core Processor

wschoon, Sep 5, 2015
  8. cd drive

The DVD Player is not shown in the Device manager?! Hmm....
    It seems there is a Problem with your CD / DVD Device. Maybe it will help to re-connect the device!?

9. wschoon Win User
    How to I reconnect te device?

wschoon, Sep 5, 2015
  10. UPS...! Oh...sorry! My mistake! You have a Laptop....! The DVD - any sign of life? Blinking LED, can you hear that the device is spinning around or reading a DVD / CD?

11. wschoon Win User
    I can feel it spinning but no other sign of life. Was considering reinstalling 10 but seems I have to wait to be invited to install again. Cd was working fine before I upgraded to 10

wschoon, Sep 5, 2015
  12. Cluster Head, Sep 5, 2015
  13. wschoon Win User

cd drive

Just did a recovery and still no cd drive. Now have tons of work reinstalling what it didn't save. At least it saved a list of those. Must be my cd drive has a problem

wschoon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cd drive

1. cd drive - Similar Threads - drive

2. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  3. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  4. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  5. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  6. Microsoft one drive question

7. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  8. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  9. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

10. Can't eject external drive "In Use"

Can't eject external drive "In Use": Hi All,believe me, I researched and tried all kinds of things, but ...Eject savely my external Seagate drive ... allways rejected ... "is currently in use".I restarted explorer in Task Manager...disabled indexing ... used Sysnative Process Explorer with the resultshowing...