Windows 10: CD/DVD Drives Not Detected

Discus and support CD/DVD Drives Not Detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had this same issue on 3 computers I've upgraded to Windows 10 (which are the only three I've even needed to have a working disc drive on).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ryley2637, Feb 20, 2016.

1. ryley2637 Win User

CD/DVD Drives Not Detected

I've had this same issue on 3 computers I've upgraded to Windows 10 (which are the only three I've even needed to have a working disc drive on). Windows 10 will not show the disc drives anywhere. I've checked in the Device Manager and everywhere else I can look, but they don't ever show up. The drives and working and detected by the BIOS but not in Windows. I've already tired adding the popular EnumDevice1 registry value (the whole command is listed below) but it never works. Anyone else have any other ideas? Thanks!

The registry key CMD command I've tried all 3 times: reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

:)

ryley2637, Feb 20, 2016

2. What is a WCD43-0XA error on my CD drive?

Hi,

There are various reasons why a CD or DVD drive is not detected. For a list of resolutions that may solve this issue, check out the link below to access the support article from Microsoft on why your CD or DVD drive is not recognized.

Your CD or DVD Drive is Not Recognized By Windows

Let us know how that went.

Joanna 777, Feb 20, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    CD/DVD drive no longer working afte)r Win10 install - CDDVDW TS-L633P

Hi nn,

In the Device Manager right-click the CD/DVD drive and select "Uninstall" and uninstall the drive and restart the computer and let Windows re-detect the drive.

auggy, Feb 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, did you use a command prompt (admin)?
    E.g. Windows key +X, click Command prompt (admin)
    [FIX] Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window - AskVG

Try Tweaking.com's repair tool, repair 18.
    It's a cautious tool, with several preparatory steps (which you can omit if you're confident).
    Select Repair 18 only.

If you search this forum, e.g. "DVD not" you will find pages of threads on this topic.. look for solved threads and see if there's anything that helps.

& noted this:
    The fix for me was relatively simple, I moved the SATA connector in MB to another one, and rebooted. Problem fixed.

dalchina, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

1. CD/DVD Drives Not Detected - Similar Threads - DVD Drives Detected

2. CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Drive: Cannot get cd/dvd disc drive to be recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2738a7b0-563c-46a3-9a31-8aa6ce8c8e7d
  3. Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives

Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives: I tried to listen to some music this morning, but Windows Explorer didn't detect my CD/DVD Drive. My BIOS, Belarc Advisor and Hardware and Sound Control Panel not detect it either. It certainly has power. I haven't checked it's motherboard connection. Is there anything I...
  4. DVD/CD Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD/CD Drive: I insert a dixc into my dvd/cd drive and nothing happens. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive/7c42e92d-c893-4042-a6c4-e646b54e0acb
  5. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I can't find the D drive or a cd/dvd drive on my hp laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/1b318ed9-49d2-466a-a7f0-9983b5cec98d
  6. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2052dead-0253-46dc-a189-ffe263dd0d15
  7. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  8. Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc

Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc: I believe there is a problem with my DVD/Cd drive not detecting my blank CD-R I am trying to burn a back up to CD from Windows Media Player But when I put my blank cd in it doesn't see it Same goes for trying to play a cd too I have tried with iTunes...same problem....
  9. CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD Drive: I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not load. I am using Windows 10 however I think it was working for a while after I got Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling and...
  10. No CD/DVD drive

No CD/DVD drive: After installing Microsofts Windows 10 upgrade I have found that it does not see my CD/DVD drive, I did have this problem once before with Windows 7 but was able to download a program from Microsoft called MrFixit.dvd.exe, when I tried running the software it reported that my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CDDVD driver Problem: 0xA

2. cd/dvd not detected in windows 10 1809