Windows 10: CD/DVD ROM not recognized

Discus and support CD/DVD ROM not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Yesterday I inserted a CD to install driver for my new headset. The CD-R open, close normally and I also heard the CD spinning. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vinhcatba, Jan 5, 2016.

1. vinhcatba Win User

CD/DVD ROM not recognized

Hello everyone!
    Yesterday I inserted a CD to install driver for my new headset. The CD-R open, close normally and I also heard the CD spinning. But not thing happened in my laptop at all. I checked This PC: no CD drive (before upgraded to win 10, I had installed win 8.1 and the CD dive was drive F). In Device Manager, there's no CD/DVD ROM section, even i had checked Show hidden device in View tab

CD/DVD ROM not recognized [​IMG]

I tryed every methods found online, but not fixed. Here's the details:
    1. Try ALL METHODS in this link: [FIX] Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window - AskVG
    -> nothing
    2. Try to uninstall Channel 0 and 1 under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller. But as you can see in the picture above: there are no Channels under IDE...Controller. Tryed to uninstall Intel(R) 8 Series...Controller and rebooted, nothing happen
    3. Try to update drivers using IOBit Drivers Booster PRO but all drivers are up-to-date.
    Any helps?
    (My English is bad)

:)

vinhcatba, Jan 5, 2016

2. unable to use cd/dvd drive

Go to Device Manager -> DVD/ CD-ROM -> Right Click -> check for driver updates -> it makes your DVD/ CD-ROM be recognized

ENIO SATAKE, Jan 5, 2016
  3. CD/DVD ROM not recognized/working with Windows 10

CD/DVD ROM not recognized/working with Windows 10, any suggestions?

John Davila, Jan 5, 2016
  4. Private Win User

You need to check if the CD/DVD ROM appears in BIOS.

Private, Jan 5, 2016
  5. vinhcatba Win User
    Ok, and how to do that? Is it in the Infomation tab in my BIOS settings?

vinhcatba, Jan 5, 2016
  6. Private Win User
    Can't find a G510 BIOS manual to point you the exact direction. But, you could look somewhere in Boot Options or similar to that, see if the ROM is listed there.

Private, Jan 5, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    • Open Registry: Win+R and type regedit
    • Navigate to:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    • Delete the keys: lowerFilters and upperFilters
    • Reboot the PC

topgundcp, Jan 5, 2016
  8. vinhcatba Win User

There're no lowerFilters and upperFilters keys in Regedit.
    I had looked in BIOS, no such thing that relate to CD/DVD ROM. But I'll give it a second shot. Not check the Boot Options yet

vinhcatba, Jan 5, 2016
  9. vinhcatba Win User
    Nothing found in BIOS and Boot Options *Sad what do I have to do now?

vinhcatba, Jan 5, 2016
  10. topgundcp Win User
    If it does not show up in the BIOS then your DVD might become defective.

topgundcp, Jan 5, 2016
  11. vinhcatba Win User
    Then how to fix it? My CD-R working normally (open, close, spin, led light up)

vinhcatba, Jan 5, 2016
  12. Private Win User
    Nothing? Everywhere? When devices not listed in BIOS, it could be the device hardware is failure or the BIOS itself corrupted.

It was working fine in Windows 8.1, it should also works in Windows 10, unless if it has a driver issue but it will still in the list.

I can't suggest you to update BIOS, it's too risky.

Anyone, please give a suggestions.

Private, Jan 5, 2016
  13. vinhcatba Win User

Don't know if this would help, but i can not open bios setting by press the Fn + F1 like i usually do in win 8.1. Now the only way to open bios is press the tiny Lenovo's special button. Oh and i have updated bios once (win 8.1), download from Lenovo support site. But after update the laptop works normally

vinhcatba, Jan 5, 2016
  14. vinhcatba Win User
    Now in my place is 0:16AM so i need to go to sleep now. I will take several picture of my BIOS for you as soon as possible

vinhcatba, Jan 5, 2016
  15. vinhcatba Win User
    thank you guys for helping me. I had taken my laptop to repairing strore. It's fine now

vinhcatba, Jan 8, 2016
Thema:

1. CD/DVD ROM not recognized - Similar Threads - DVD ROM recognized

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  4. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dvd/cd-rom

dvd/cd-rom: Ever since 2/4/21 I have not been able to use my disc drive. Says operating normal but it wont open and I can hear it spinning. Have got a lot of error codes,,,, 2, 7023, 642, 257, 7030,215, 318,10010, 1534, 10002,...
  6. DVD/CD-ROM

DVD/CD-ROM: windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/2ea72ae2-a716-44c5-86f7-a654e1dd0074
  7. dvd cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvd cd rom: I had to get an external cd rom my laptop does not have on built in. I need help connecting it with my laptop. I know there is something I have to download in order for it to work but I don't know what that is. a vlm or vlc or something. can anyone help me please...
  8. DVD CD/rom

DVD CD/rom: DVD player not downloading program. Info says its working properly but it aint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-cdrom/e62e51e6-54ed-4c70-b2b2-be00e465b118
  9. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  10. DVD/CD rom

DVD/CD rom: My DVD/CD player is constantly running. I have hundreds of irreplaceable pictures on it and I'm afraid to eject the DVD for fear of losing all these pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvdcd-rom/dc8fdc32-ac8b-4d00-8a14-953fe64eb3f6