Windows 10: CD/DVD says;"please insert disk" in windows 10.

Discus and support CD/DVD says;"please insert disk" in windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can not use CD/DVD Device, no autoplay, when asked for disk E the disk will be ejected. How to make it work? 73396 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alfredthieme, Dec 26, 2016.

1. CD/DVD says;"please insert disk" in windows 10.

Can not use CD/DVD Device, no autoplay, when asked for disk E the disk will be ejected.
    How to make it work?

:)

alfredthieme, Dec 26, 2016

2. the cd/dvd drive does not work

When I push the button to open the cd/dvd drive it opens, every troubleshoot says there is no problem, but the disk does not spin, and the app associated with the disk just says "Please Insert Disk"... Under Explorer, It says DVD DRIVE L, says everything
    is fine, when you hit eject though, nothing...

shreenlatif, Dec 26, 2016
  3. jwblack62 Win User
    Posted 2015: An update on the Windows DVD Player app

Yes, similar issue. I'm not sure if it's the app or the driver associated with the DVD/CD device. The device is an hp DVDRAM GT20L with MS CD/ROM driver version 10.0.14393.0. I insert a DVD, the app opens, says "To play something, insert a DVD." The
    app then closes with no message, no ejecting the disk, nothing.

jwblack62, Dec 26, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

CD/DVD says;"please insert disk" in windows 10.

Try this Microsoft FixIt https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060
    If this fails, chances are that the Laser Diodes that read the discs has died. You will need to replace the drive. You can find replacements on Amazon or Ebay.

spunk, Dec 27, 2016
Thema:

CD/DVD says;"please insert disk" in windows 10.

1. CD/DVD says;"please insert disk" in windows 10. - Similar Threads - DVD says please

2. Desktop keeps rejecting CD or DVD and says "Please insert a disk into drive D"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop keeps rejecting CD or DVD and says "Please insert a disk into drive D": My desktop CD drive "D" has started to reject any blank or recorded CD or DVD, and says, "Please insert a disk into drive D." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-rejecting-cd-or-dvd-and-says-please/69ec9123-9705-43bd-b7a7-d54c83351a29
  3. Desktop keeps rejecting CD or DVD and says "Please insert a disk into drive D"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop keeps rejecting CD or DVD and says "Please insert a disk into drive D": My desktop CD drive "D" has started to reject any blank or recorded CD or DVD, and says, "Please insert a disk into drive D." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-rejecting-cd-or-dvd-and-says-please/69ec9123-9705-43bd-b7a7-d54c83351a29
  4. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  5. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  6. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Please insert disk

Please insert disk: Win 10 pro. Whenever I put a dvd in, it spins, ejects and says "please insert disk" I did a repair install with a usb stick, dvd's were recognized. Machine then updated, no dvd's recognized. Not even the win10 dvd I did the initial install from...
  8. Please insert a disk and cd drive not working

Please insert a disk and cd drive not working: Hi ! My cd drive has stopped working. Whenever i insert a cd it says insert a disc and then shows help me choose a disk. I tried to rund diagnostics and it says everything is working fine. I have tried uninstalling drivers/device then reinstalling nothing is working. Even did...
  9. dvd /cd rom says insert disk even though there is a disk inside

in Windows 10 Customization
    dvd /cd rom says insert disk even though there is a disk inside: cd /dvd says insert disk while disk is inside https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dvd-cd-rom-says-insert-disk-even-though-there-is-a/7d84e474-7a9c-4fa4-9732-6a501d388e64
  10. Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd

Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd: Good evening to all. I decided to make an image of my C drive on my windows ten spare laptop,Using the free Macrium Reflect software. followed all the info on how to proceed with the software,It all went well I burnt the recovery disc as directed. Now this is where...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. please insert a disk into dvd drive windows 10

2. cd drive please insert disc windows 10

3. CD/DVD drive says Please insert a disk. (Windows 10)

4. windows 10 please insert disc,
  5. insert disc error windows 10 cd/dvd,
  6. windows 10 cd drive says please insert please insert disk,
  7. windows 10 cd/dvd insert disk