Windows 10: CD ripper with text editor wanted

Discus and support CD ripper with text editor wanted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This may not be Windows specific, however I'm hoping someone might be able to help anyway. I'm looking for a CD ripping program that provides a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by larrydonline, Nov 6, 2016.

1. CD ripper with text editor wanted

This may not be Windows specific, however I'm hoping someone might be able to help anyway. I'm looking for a CD ripping program that provides a way to edit the song titles for such things as having every word in the title begin with a capital letter.
    I have many CDs (hundreds) that are not in any database such as FreeDB, MusicBrainz, CDDB or anywhere else on the net. That means I have to enter song titles manually. It would be great if there was a setting to bring up and change the way those titles appear so the data entry can be done in lower case, then have them all changed to begin with caps.
    There was a program, EZ CD Extractor, which worked that way in earlier versions, but they removed that feature when it was updated a few years ago. Those old versions which have that feature won't run satisfactorily on Windows 10. Frankly the program was never that stable on Win 7 anyway.
    I buy a lot of CDs that have just been released so no one has entered them into Freedb yet. Then there's homemade CDs that I've traded with people who just put random tracks together on a CD.
    I also find a lot of Freedb matches in formats I don't like, such as all words except for prepositions in capital letters. I prefer all words in a title to be in caps so I have to manually edit those too. It seems like text editing would be a simple addition to a ripping program but I guess there hasn't been enough demand for it.
    I've taken a look at Exact Audio Copy, fre:ac, dbpoweramp, Express Rip from NCH and some others. None of them have automatic text editing of song titles. You have to do everything to do with titles manually. I would gladly pay for a program that does have that feature if anyone can suggest one.
    Thanks.

:)

larrydonline, Nov 6, 2016

2. How to resolve WMP ripping issues?

Windows Media Player is on its way and its not being actively maintained or developed. I recommend you turn to alternative audio cd rippers.

The best free and premium CD rippers 2018 | TechRadar

Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Neemobeer Win User

CD ripper with text editor wanted

If all you want to do is is rename them all caps you could convert them with a simple powershell script

$files = Get-ChildItem -Path
    "C:\RootFolder"-Recurse -File
    foreach ($file in $files) { Rename-Item -Path $file.FullName -NewName $file.FullName.ToUpper() }

Neemobeer, Nov 6, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Good CD ripper - if you can still find it was the old WINAMP -- also it connects to Gracenote --excellent for classical music too..

Once you've ripped the tracks it's easy to tag tracks not on gracenote with something like mp3tag (tags flac etc too). It's Freeware as well.

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

You can add a load of other data too to the tracks, import and export to EXCEL, create databases etc etc. Excellent program.

Here's a simple rip of a CD done with Winamp.

CD ripper with text editor wanted [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 6, 2016
    larrydonline, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CD ripper with text editor wanted

1. CD ripper with text editor wanted - Similar Threads - ripper text editor

2. Paste text into discussion editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste text into discussion editor: Is it possible to paste text into the discussion editor? If not, why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-text-into-discussion-editor/86aec016-c15e-4592-9bba-e209b6fd2846
  3. Video Editor Text slide

Video Editor Text slide: Hello, am having trouble with the duration of my text slide. I have set it at 7 seconds as it's for my brother's funeral pictures and has text to read at the end of the presentation.The text stays up for 2 seconds too quick to read, then a blank slide without text shows up...
  4. Text editors fail to open

in Windows 10 Support
    Text editors fail to open: I use text editors "Text Maker" and "Jarte". When I initially open either of them the page comes up blank. Shortly I get an error message stating that the program is not responding and it needs to be reported to Microsoft. Then I close that window and reopen the program...
  5. Help! Text on Video Editor

Help! Text on Video Editor: Please help, I have a video I am supposed to have finished by today but where I have added text on some of the photo slides it's decided to make some text stationary and some move - how do it edit the moving text? It zoom's in from the bottom and I'm stressed hah!...
  6. Is WordPad a text editor?

Is WordPad a text editor?: I have come across a contradiction that both notepad and WordPad are text editors. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-wordpad-a-text-editor/0bc10591-4049-4e25-8579-729aec2d3883
  7. My text editors are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My text editors are not working: Hi all, I have noticed that only my text editors are failing to load but also when trying to access the task manager I can't see any of the messages or prompts. The windows open but the content never loads. All the click options are still available but without a message...
  8. text of microsoft video editor

text of microsoft video editor: how do i get the text to stay longer on the microsoft video editor? it is disappearing too fast for the content to be read. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-of-microsoft-video-editor/2d3f9e9e-3ac3-453a-8ce9-dafcc70d69f7
  9. DVD ripper (legal)

DVD ripper (legal): Starting about 10 years ago I recorded large bunch of videos from my GF's camera, the one with tape and Firewire connector. Those were home movies most in remembrance to her father and my good friend. Right now they are in proper DVD format: [img] [img] All copied on a...
  10. Problem with text in Video Editor

Problem with text in Video Editor: I put together a multi photo presentation using Video Editor. Yesterday morning it was fine. I then did a few final edits to text on a few photos and saved the file. When I looked at it yesterday afternoon before sending, the text on each slide that has it now appears in a...