Windows 10: cdburnerxp does not launch windows 10 pro

Discus and support cdburnerxp does not launch windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last week i reinstalled windows 7 pro OEM from dvd to my computer, then chose to do the windows 10 upgrade. I am trying to burn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ron7000, Apr 11, 2016.

1. ron7000 Win User

cdburnerxp does not launch windows 10 pro

Last week i reinstalled windows 7 pro OEM from dvd to my computer, then chose to do the windows 10 upgrade.
    I am trying to burn openSUSE-Leap-42.1-DVD-x86_64.iso to dvd so i can later boot from dvd and install linux onto another hard drive in my pc.
    I had cdburnerxp installed under windows 7, and it's still there in windows 10.
    I have uninstalled then reinstalled cdbxp_setup_4.5.6.6059.exe with no joy.
    cdburnerxp will not launch.
    I have tried "run as administrator" when launching and that does not help.
    I check task manager and can see there is a cdburnerxp processes, and I am unable to kill it.
    Then when i try to do a restart, the restart hung for 5 minutes and i hit the reset button on the tower.
    I can uninstall & reinstall cdburnerxp and do a restart without problem if I do not launch cdburnerxp.
    here is a link to someone else that seems to have had the same problem:
    CDBurnerXP not opening in Windows 10 - Bugs - CDBurnerXP Forum

any suggestions?
    I figured out how to use the native burning app in windows 10 and seem to have gotten my iso burned to dvd. Will know in a moment when i reboot.
    But for the windows 10 cd dvd burning app, it's no frills just one button to click for burn. Is there any way to manually change the burn speed? And what if i want my iso file as just the iso file on the disc? Right now I'm assuming the windows 10 burning app made my dvd bootable but i don't know.

:)

ron7000, Apr 11, 2016

2. Copy CD in windows 10

You could always use CDBurnerXP. I know it says xp, but it will work in windows 10. I have used it since I got win 10. download it from CNET Download.com.

ZachLamphier, Apr 11, 2016
  3. tlw111245 Win User
    MS Solitaire-TriPeaks and Pyramid failure to launch

At first, TriPeaks, now Pyramid also fails to launch. Closing the window and restartingSolitaive does not help.It does this on both Surface Pro I5 and desktop-both Windows 10, latest updates.

tlw111245, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

For the "And what if i want my iso file as just the iso file on the disc?" part, that .iso file is just data, treat it the same was as if copying other data to a DVD-R/DVD+R disc. I have Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator [about $30 at Wal*Mart] on my production computers and haven't tried CDBurnerXP on them yet but will tomorrow on my Insider Preview computer.

Berton, Apr 11, 2016
  5. ron7000 Win User
    no offense but i'll donate $30 to cdburnerxp even though it's not working before i buy roxio.

i really shake my head on this one, since xp to 7, to 8, now to 10, how can there not be a decent practical cd/dvd burning method in windows 10? I'll bet the folks at microsoft when they are working on their windows pc using email and whatever and need to burn a disc to transfer data, probably use cdburnerxp.

ron7000, Apr 11, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I just tried CDBurnerXP 4.5.4.5306 to burn 2 files to a CD-R on my Win10 Insider Preview version 14316.rs1_release160402-2217 and it works fine.

Berton, Apr 11, 2016
  7. ron7000 Win User
    after a few reinstalls and reboots since yesterday, the cdburnerxp window now pops up.
    what caused the problems, i have no idea.
    i did mess with some uefi settings because i was trying to install linux afterwards onto another hard drive,
    previously it was set to compatibility/legacy mode but i currently have everything full uefi with no compatibility/legacy options turned on. maybe something to do with how the uefi presents the dvd drive to the operating system, via AHCI-atapi or UEFI? cause when i go to boot a linux install dvd with uefi compatibility settings i can access the dvd drive two different ways to boot from it.

ron7000, Apr 12, 2016
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

I have always found that you need to reboot the pc for CDBurnerXP to work after installation. Also, keep in mind that it may come bundled with adware.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 12, 2016
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

If you've got SUSE LEAP (or any other ISO) on HDD then Windows 10 has a native ISO burner built in (right mouse click from Windows explorer).

Another solution if your computer can boot from USB use RUFUS to create bootable USB from the ISO.

Otherwise nice freebie is imagburn.

The Official ImgBurn Website
    (Download the correct software --some of these sites can be quite confusing - easy to download the wrong software by mistake --I think a lot of sites now are set up to confuse the user this way !!!).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cdburnerxp does not launch windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - cdburnerxp does launch

2. Why are some games launching and other games are NOT launching? - Windows 10 Pro Version...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are some games launching and other games are NOT launching? - Windows 10 Pro Version...: I have been enjoying the AMD Radeon Driver 21.6.2 because of support for Vulkan Ray Tracing in Doom Eternal. All was going well Friday night on July 9, 2021 while playing Doom Eternal. Then got off Doom to hangout with some friends on Discord. Then after the Discord hangout,...
  3. Program does not launch on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program does not launch on windows 10: Hello. I have windows 10. I have a program that wouldnt launch. It is called qz tray. It says there is anorjer instance running and closes. I have only 1 accoint on the tablet i am using surface pro3. How cam i stop rhe instance it says it finds, amd close it? Is there a...
  4. my windows setting does not launch

my windows setting does not launch: I have dell Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1 my widows settings and Type here to search is not working /unable to launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-setting-does-not-launch/a5701fb7-b059-422a-a9a1-68534a5496d3
  5. Minecraft for Windows does not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows does not launch: Anyone else recently found that Minecraft for Windows 10 no longer launches but instead after the Mojang screen it just flickers? I have tried pretty much everything suggested to fix this but nothing makes any difference. I am running Minecraft on an older HP Pavilion x2...
  6. Microsoft App store won't launch on windows 10 pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft App store won't launch on windows 10 pro: Hi there , I am experiencing annoying problems, my surface book 2 App store, Maps ,weather app, camera.. won't launch. After trying many suggestions and solutions from this forum, I backup my files and reset windows 10 for my surface book- result is the same after...
  7. Windows 10 - iTunes does not Launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 - iTunes does not Launch: iTunes does not launch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-itunes-does-not-launch/ee72982e-0220-43f1-af58-18b33534400b"
  8. Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro does not shutdown: When I click on the shutdown button under the windows logo; the screen goes black and then the desktop comes back. I made a shortcut of a shutdown command-line on my desktop to see if it's a hardware problem but I can shutdown the pc by clicking that. Is this a bug or some...
  9. Settings does not launch

Settings does not launch: It worked fine a couple days ago. Not sure what changed. The last Windows Update was 4/19/2019. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-does-not-launch/63efcd12-e8f5-4024-804a-f3d64dd4f5b3
  10. Can't launch Store on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch Store on Windows 10 Pro: Hi, For some reason I can't access Store, its tile in start menu looks like this (compared to the other ones it's darker): [img] When I click on it, nothing happens. Do you know how to solve this problem? Jacek. 13045