Windows 10: CDPUserSvc

Discus and support CDPUserSvc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I've clean installed my system windows 10 1803, after connecting Windows to my account ”CDPUserSvc“ starts receiving non-stop data from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShahinD, Jul 17, 2018.

1. ShahinD Win User

CDPUserSvc

Hello

I've clean installed my system windows 10 1803, after connecting Windows to my account ”CDPUserSvc“ starts receiving non-stop data from internet.

Does any body have the Same experience?

I've tested on two different Systems with two different Outlook accounts.

Any help will be appreciated

:)

ShahinD, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Lakrom Win User
    Lakrom, Jul 17, 2018
  3. CDpusersvc <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >

With a bit of research, it turns out that CDPUserSvc starts "svchost -k UnistackSvcGroup” – the service which automatically updates for the Microsoft App Store. If you have a Group Policy which disables the Microsoft App Store,
    then this causes a permissions error which results in the popup error. The updates can be turned off by opening the
    Microsoft App Store > Settings > Turn Off Automatic Updates. But ifthe app store cannot be started (due to group Policy), you need to set the following Registry Settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDPUserSvc Start --> DWORD 0x00000004

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDPUserSvc_2f23ea7 Start --> DWORD 0x00000004

NOTE: The suffix _2f23ea7 will be a random value so you will have to check for it.

You will also need to stop the CDPUserSvc service (via Services.msc). You have to set BOTH registry settings for this to be effective.

b8113eec-ff3d-4907-a7bb-475c2f1a56e1, Jul 17, 2018
  4. CDPUserSvc

CDpusersvc <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >

I found only one solution; ....................search and destroy!

I've written a script to find the errant service and remove it.

this script runs at start up as a scheduled task because every time I reboot it comes back with a different suffix.

disabling it from the registry does not work because it resets again on startup.

This will have to do until Microsoft decide to fix this example of bad coding.

At least this way my event log does not fill up with failed DCOM registration errors

The server {21F282D1-A881-49E1-9A3A-26E44E39B86C} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

there are no adverse effects doing this the service is messed up anyway.

here is the Batch Script

@ECHO OFF

SC QUERY state= all>servicesdump.txt

FINDSTR /L /C:"SERVICE_NAME: CDPUserSvc_" servicesdump.txt >CDPservice.txt

FOR /F "usebackq tokens=2" %%i IN (CDPservice.txt) DO SET CDPUserSvc=%%i

NET Stop "%CDPUserSvc%"

SC Delete "%CDPUserSvc%"

DEL CDPservice.txt

DEL servicesdump.txt

SergioCali Corleo, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

CDPUserSvc

1. CDPUserSvc - Similar Threads - CDPUserSvc

2. CDPUserSvc high CPU usage (30%)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CDPUserSvc high CPU usage (30%): Hello everyone, I have a problem where a "service host" CdpUserSvc is utilizing about 30% of my cpu (it shows up in device manager). It causes my laptop's fan to constantly be on and waste the battery. I can stop/disable the process but it will no longer allow me to use the...
  3. CDPUserSvc remains turned ON cunsuming CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CDPUserSvc remains turned ON cunsuming CPU: [IMG] Hi Im using Windows 10 version 1909 So, im concerned about one of the process/services called "CDPUserSvc" CDPUserSvc running and consuming quite a lot of CPU To kill it, i must go to the windows services manager, and manually stop it there. Stopping CDPUserSvc...
  4. CDPUserSvc high cpu 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CDPUserSvc high cpu 100%: got a problem I noticed a few days ago I kept getting this weird noise from pc or freeze when playing games so today I rebooted and opened task manager and it showed CDPUserSvc using all cpu up and down every 1sec so I read online how to disable it not sure if it worked but...
  5. SVCHost CDPUserSvc using 25% of CPU every startup !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SVCHost CDPUserSvc using 25% of CPU every startup !!: For at least a month now SVCHost.exe -k unistacksvcgroup -s CDPUserSvc has been loading with every new boot or restart and using a huge 1/4 of my quad core CPU!! I can only end it by using the kill function in Process Explorer every time - please see screenshots below...
  6. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

CDPUserSvc using high CPU: Since 1 week I have been observing that my battery is draining higher and battery getting hot. After observing found that CDPUserSvc is using around 30% CPU. I think it is because of recent window updates. I tried uninstalling recent updates but no changes. I tried disabling...
  7. CDPUserSvc using high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CDPUserSvc using high CPU: Since 1 week I have been observing that my battery is draining higher and battery getting hot. After observing found that CDPUserSvc is using around 30% CPU. I think it is because of recent window updates. I tried uninstalling recent updates but no changes. I tried disabling...
  8. ERRORS Connected Devices Platform Service-CDP User Service-CDPusersvc

ERRORS Connected Devices Platform Service-CDP User Service-CDPusersvc: As we all know, "No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished." This forum's power user (and maestro) fdegrove just helped me with one problem, but maybe we've kicked over a rock and there are creepy crawlies underneath. Maybe an onion of issues - a plethora of problems. (OK - I'll stop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cdpusersvc high cpu

2. cdpusersvc

3. CDPUserSvc_