Windows 10: CDs won't play

Discus and support CDs won't play in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have never had trouble using an audio cd in my HP 64-bit Windows 10 computer. Popular programs would recognize the audio files for ripping, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MartinHaub, Aug 10, 2018.

1. CDs won't play

I have never had trouble using an audio cd in my HP 64-bit Windows 10 computer. Popular programs would recognize the audio files for ripping, etc. Groove music would automatically open when I inserted a disk. Now, after a recent Win 10 update this is no longer the case. Disks won't play. Using File Explorer only indicates audio files with the .CDA extension. I downloaded a new ripping app from the Windows store, but this is not what I need - I need Roxio to work. Something changed in Windows 10 that messed things up. I have contacted HP and they say it's not their fault - the drivers are all correct. So what happened? I see a lot of questions about this on the web.

:)

MartinHaub, Aug 10, 2018

2. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Aug 10, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Mayra Aqu Win User

CDs won't play

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      CDs won't play 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

CDs won't play

1. CDs won't play - Similar Threads - CDs won't play

2. My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???: My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wmp-has-not-played-my-old-cds-it-doe-not/8de0895a-ae97-4c16-849c-c70958db9384
  3. internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds: or anything else. It shows up in My Computer, but will not work. Checking it in Device Manager, the message is there is no problem with the player, or the driver. Super strange, have never encountered this. I have an Acer All-In-One, and if I can't fix it, I will just...
  4. DVDs won't play (CDs and install disks work fine)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVDs won't play (CDs and install disks work fine): Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, DVDs specifically won't even come up as being in the drive/I can't play them even with third party programs. CDs will come up just fine and so will install disks, it's just DVDs for some reason. Is there any way to possibly fix this?...
  5. CDs will not play

CDs will not play: I have a Sony Vaio SVS131112 laptop with built-in CD/DVD drive (Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8A7AS), which no longer works. Discs are accepted, device check says drive is functioning properly, autoplay on, but disc does not appear in Windows Media Player. Running Windows 10, upgraded...
  6. cds won't play

cds won't play: When I load a cd on windows 10 it pops out and will never play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds-wont-play/9a7d8923-a215-4872-b209-8dcfcb9c8fc3
  7. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  8. Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Windows Media Player won't play CDs: Every time I burn a cd it pends in a second, but every time it does that I would play the burned cd and it would play nothing. Why does this happen? ***Original title: Windows Media Player***...
  9. M/soft app for playing CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M/soft app for playing CDs: I am not interested in playing DVDs. I do have a sizeable collection of CDs which I have loaded into windows media player on my laptop, I cant get my music to play....red crosses come up on my playlists. These have played in the past..... Do I need an additional m/soft...
  10. DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video CDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video CDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-cds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e