Windows 10: Cean installing Windows 10 with OneDrive backing up files?

Discus and support Cean installing Windows 10 with OneDrive backing up files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've upgraded to Windows 10, but now I want to clean install the OS to have it run as smoothly as possible. Obviously this will involve wiping my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by supernova54321, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Cean installing Windows 10 with OneDrive backing up files?

I've upgraded to Windows 10, but now I want to clean install the OS to have it run as smoothly as possible. Obviously this will involve wiping my laptop's hard drive (a 500GB SSD), which has about 50GB of work, photos, and music on it. This data is all synced to OneDrive (via the OneDrive directory - I use file explorer to manage it, not the cumbersome OneDrive app). If I format my hard drive while clean installing Windows 10, will my OneDrive account assume I've deleted all those files and delete them from the cloud as well - or will the online versions be preserved, so I can re-download/sync them to the laptop's hard drive after the clean install?

(I have the most important of these files backed up on USB sticks, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if the OneDrive versions were erased, but I'd like to avoid that if possible - not least because re-syncing that data to the cloud would take ages, the first time took about a week).

Thanks in advance to any knowledgeable people who can help me out here.

:)

supernova54321, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Homegroup cannot be set up on this computer

The only way I found to fix Homegroup was cean install win 10 v1709.

Time consuming but worked

Barry Wellington, Aug 6, 2015
  3. PwgAndE Win User
    Backing Up OneDrive Folder with File History

I am backing two computers - a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10 - to an external hard drive via File History. On each computer, the majority of our files are in a OneDrive folder, so I have included OneDrive on the list of folders to back
    up. On the desktop, all subfolders in the OneDrive folder back up just fine (Erika's Pictures, Erika's Music, Erika's Documents). On the laptop, Peter's Music and Peter's Documents back up, but Peter's Pictures does not. To get it to back up, I have to manually,
    separately, add it to the list of folders that File History includes. Obviously, this is easy enough to do, but I don't understand why it is happening or how to fix it. Any ideas? Thank you.

PwgAndE, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Cean installing Windows 10 with OneDrive backing up files?

1. Cean installing Windows 10 with OneDrive backing up files? - Similar Threads - Cean installing OneDrive

2. Files aren't backed up in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files aren't backed up in Onedrive: Onedrive cannot upload my files You need to press 'Picture', and then you can see my problem screenshotSorry for the inconvenience.Can you tell me what should I do for next steps?Thank you....
  3. Files aren't backed up in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files aren't backed up in Onedrive: Onedrive cannot upload my files You need to press 'Picture', and then you can see my problem screenshotSorry for the inconvenience.Can you tell me what should I do for next steps?Thank you....
  4. Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.: Hello.This is a long story but I will summarize.Had a 3 year old laptop that was working fine. Got a notification from Intel SSD toolbox that the SSD was failing despite basically having no real wear. Intel support confirmed this. I stick the SSD in another Windows 10 pc to...
  5. Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.: Hello.This is a long story but I will summarize.Had a 3 year old laptop that was working fine. Got a notification from Intel SSD toolbox that the SSD was failing despite basically having no real wear. Intel support confirmed this. I stick the SSD in another Windows 10 pc to...
  6. Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  8. Files backed up in OneDrive no longer visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files backed up in OneDrive no longer visible in Windows: I have done something which means I can no longer see the contents of my Pictures folder in Windows, just in OneDrive. The files must still be on my PC as the space approx. 220GB has not become free - how do I get it to show in Windows again? I want to move them all to an...
  9. Back-up files on an a usb to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Back-up files on an a usb to OneDrive: So my PC currently backs up all my files on my C: drive (desktop, photos, etc.) and keeps everything in sync as it should. But is there a way to add folders on my D: drive so they automatically back up and keep in sync with one drive? The main reason: I download a lot of...
  10. Retrieving OneDrive Back-up Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving OneDrive Back-up Files: I was using Microsoft Onedrive on my laptop to backup and sync certain folders and files. It was working okay. Then the hard drive crashed on the laptop so I can no longer boot up that device. I want to retrieve the backed-up data. If I go to the www.onedrive.live.com...