Windows 10: Cellular Network/WAN Adapter have vanished.

Discus and support Cellular Network/WAN Adapter have vanished. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Everybody, Yesterday i received my Lenovo X1 Yoga (3rd. gen.) with LTE. I popped in a T-mobile sim (in the sim tray), which worked fine and dandy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by You7Joe, Jul 5, 2018.

1. You7Joe Win User

Cellular Network/WAN Adapter have vanished.

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday i received my Lenovo X1 Yoga (3rd. gen.) with LTE. I popped in a T-mobile sim (in the sim tray), which worked fine and dandy until the laptop was restarted by updates, then the cellular toggle in the side panel has disappeared, and no "insert sim" option shows up when pressing the WiFi toggle in the task bar either. cellular tab has disappeared from network and Internet in control panel. I then checked the device manager and Found the Fibocom (WAN) driver in the network adapters section, and the "Cellular" in the software devices section to be Hidden. I tried to update, Rollback the drivers, but nothing had changed. I found an Article that said try to uninstall the drivers, and re-install them, which i did (at least the first part) but wasn't successful because neither driver shows up in the device manager now. also when i checked the properties of the Fibocom driver and it said something like (i can't remember the exact wording) : this driver is disconnected from the computer please connect it before updating (error 45).

I also downloaded the Fibocom driver from Lenovo's website and installed it manually, but that didn't work either, so i reset the PC with no luck again. now, i'm sitting here frustrated and confused. please help (and don't ask me to use windows troubleshooter) thanks.

Device specifications :

Windows 10 Pro- version 1709 (I'm updating to 1803).

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd gen.) 20LD

WAN Adapter : Fibocom L850-GL

:)

You7Joe, Jul 5, 2018
  2. rm_299 Win User

cellular network adapter

Hi,

I have a think pad x260 and when i insert a modem, its not visible in drives or network.

I tried looking for cellular adapter in my adapters list but i realize its missing.

My question is, how do i add this adapter in window 10 pro os?

any help is greatly appreciated.

rm_299, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Cellular Network/WAN Adapter have vanished.

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Cellular Network/WAN Adapter have vanished.

1. Cellular Network/WAN Adapter have vanished. - Similar Threads - Cellular Network WAN

2. Unable to enable cellular network adapter in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable cellular network adapter in Win11: Hello,I have a Samsung Galaxy book Pro 360 5G laptop. I only used it for about a week and suddenly I noticed the cellular network is gone from the setting. However, I was still able to see it in the settings and adapters, please see below screenshot. In the adapter list, it...
  3. Unable to enable cellular network adapter in Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable cellular network adapter in Win11: Hello,I have a Samsung Galaxy book Pro 360 5G laptop. I only used it for about a week and suddenly I noticed the cellular network is gone from the setting. However, I was still able to see it in the settings and adapters, please see below screenshot. In the adapter list, it...
  4. Cellular network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cellular network: In the cellular network settings I'm unable to check the "Let Windows keep me connected" check box. I have connected my USB 4G dongleSIM7600G and the device is responding to the AT commands. I have attached the screenshots for the reference. PC Specs OS - Windows 10 Home...
  5. cellular network

cellular network: please my HP EITEBOOK FOLIO 9480M is not displaying the CELLULAR options in my settings how do i resolve this. For windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-network/db2962fb-1898-46b5-a9f5-641a9be6a97c
  6. wan miniport network adapters missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wan miniport network adapters missing: I need the following wan miniport network adapters in order to run Norton 360 VPN. they are IKEV2, IP, IPV6. I will also need their drivers. How to I find and install these network adapters? Dell Inspiron All-In-One 0 Windows 10, 1909...
  7. wan adapters added without permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wan adapters added without permission: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StormMei1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fc4zcq/wan_adapters_added_without_permission/
  8. Utilise cellular and ethernet network adapters simultaneously in Windows 10

Utilise cellular and ethernet network adapters simultaneously in Windows 10: In windows 7 I could always do a remote session into a network over 4g and still utilise the ethernet adapter to access the local subnet and its devices from a remote location. Windows 10 build any build... if WWAN network adapter [4g] in use, the operating system will drop...
  9. cellular network apn

cellular network apn: In windows 10 where to enter apn for cellular network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-network-apn/e7c78183-10dc-4d5d-8211-c1f0fa4cecae
  10. Not connected to cellular network

Not connected to cellular network: Hi everyone, my win 10 hp laptop won't connect to my cellular network i use a vodafone modem (k4201) any i have set up APN and cellular network shows CONNECTED But when i check connection status in settings, it says am not connected to any network when i troubleshoot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hp wan miniport work with simcard

2. windows 10 2004 fibocom l850-gl missing

3. fibocom l850-gl missing

4. x1 l850 network adapter disappear,
  5. fibocom l850 disappearing,
  6. fibocom modem disappeared,
  7. L850-GL update firmware hp thinkpad