Windows 10: Certain Games Flashing White in Windowed Mode

Discus and support Certain Games Flashing White in Windowed Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue with most of my games. For some unknown reason the programs will flash white and say that they are not responding, this only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Swageus, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Swageus Win User

Certain Games Flashing White in Windowed Mode

Hi, I'm having an issue with most of my games. For some unknown reason the programs will flash white and say that they are not responding, this only seems to happen if I use my mouse and click on the actual window. Considering most of the games this happens with require the mouse to use, this can get really irritating.

Another problem, which I'm sure this is related to the flashing windows, is when I click out of a game. It doesn't show up, it will still be in the taskbar but I will be unable to play it.

This problem doesn't work with any other programs (i.e. Google Chrome, Steam).

If anyone has a solution for this, that would be brilliant!

Thanks in advance!

:)

Swageus, Jan 27, 2016

2. games locked in windowed mode after windows fall update

Open Start > Settings > System > Display

Make sure recommended settings are selected for Scale and Layout and Screen resolution.

Another thing you can try:

uninstall your display driver then restart

Boot to the Windows 10 desktop

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Properties

Click Driver tab

Click Rollback driver if the option is available

If not

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Jan 27, 2016
  3. gaspode78 Win User
    games locked in windowed mode after windows fall update

Well the subject says it all...

I updated the driver of my graphics card but it didn't change anything.

If anyone knows a way to solve this issue, that would be great!

Thanks!

gaspode78, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

Certain Games Flashing White in Windowed Mode

1. Certain Games Flashing White in Windowed Mode - Similar Threads - Certain Games Flashing

2. White and black flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  3. White and black flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  4. Windows 11 dark mode fix flash white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dark mode fix flash white: Fix dark mode windows 11, bug open this pc flesh white color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-dark-mode-fix-flash-white/5e9f6950-03b4-410b-8cfd-0c329aee3b55
  5. Windows 11 dark mode fix flash white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dark mode fix flash white: Fix dark mode windows 11, bug open this pc flesh white color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-dark-mode-fix-flash-white/5e9f6950-03b4-410b-8cfd-0c329aee3b55
  6. flash white screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flash white screen on windows 10: I have updated windows recently and something happened to my network its only working on static ip given by me so i decided to do so. after i started deleting my VMware and vbox network driver then i decided to reset my laptop after completed everything works fine and then...
  7. White flashing after log in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White flashing after log in?: Starting randomly today (nothing changed hardware or software) after entering my pin I now get flashing white screen and just my wallpaper, with no inputs registered by the mouse or keyboard except ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. I can boot into safe mode, remove video drivers...
  8. Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode

Using dark mode File Explorer flashes white first then opens in dark mode: Is there anyway to fix this please? I did clean install Windows 10 and the flashes are much longer then before. Before it was very quick flash but now its much longer. submitted by /u/stonded [link] [comments]...
  9. White flashes in explorer with dark mode active

White flashes in explorer with dark mode active: I have dark mode active and when I open explorer the window flashes white quickly and when I expand to full screen it does it again and the window looks glitchy for a split second like it's missing an animation. Has it always done this or is it something new as I have only...
  10. Flashing white screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing white screen on boot: This has happened to me a few times now but luckily I run Rollback Rx and can roll back to the last good snapshot. I usually get the white flashing screen on boot when I try to install new security software, the latest culprits being Bitdefender and Avira free antivirus,...