Windows 10: Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up

Discus and support Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, A few weeks ago some icons on my taskbar and prewiews on certain images were missing. I don't know what happened. I've tried a lot of things to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarquesZeroLive, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up

Hi,

A few weeks ago some icons on my taskbar and prewiews on certain images were missing. I don't know what happened. I've tried a lot of things to make it come back, but it didn't.

Does anyone knows what might be happening? This is really irritating Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up :(

Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up 43854e3b-f8d8-49ca-8a90-e996bd7ec42f?upload=true.png

Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up ad99bc77-b3f9-4185-82f6-8646ab1d40d9?upload=true.png

Thank you.

:)

MarquesZeroLive, Aug 17, 2018

2. Using File explorer can stop given preview

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Preview pane.

If the issue still persists,

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Folder options.
    • Under View tab, check the option for Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 preview pane does not show image previews

I have file explorer open, preview pane is selected. No matter what layout I choose the image file does not show in the preview pane. Large icons, list, it does not show either way.

Any thoughts and ideas?

MatthewS72, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up

1. Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up - Similar Threads - Certain Icons files

2. Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?: Hi, this is CHrles from Web Host Pro again.We have an icon preview set on our Windows 10 computers but some of the preview icons like NotePad look messy. However, being able to preview images is very helpful.Can we disable icon preview on certain file types, but keep icon...
  3. Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?: Hi, this is CHrles from Web Host Pro again.We have an icon preview set on our Windows 10 computers but some of the preview icons like NotePad look messy. However, being able to preview images is very helpful.Can we disable icon preview on certain file types, but keep icon...
  4. Can I have certain icons show previews and not others?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  6. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  7. Thumbnails/Icons not previewing or showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnails/Icons not previewing or showing up: Hello, I can't see my thumbnail previews/icons in my folders. I have tried disk cleanup, running command prompt, restarting my laptop, using winfilefolder.diagcab and running that, I've tried turning 'always show icons never thumbnails' on and off/and keeping it unchecked and...
  8. Icons for certain programs showing up blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons for certain programs showing up blank: I have 2 programs whose icons suddenly stopped showing. It's both on old shortcuts, new shortcuts and the .exe file in itself as well, so even though I change the shortcut icon, the main icon still stays blank. The 2 programs are CEMU (Wii U emulator) and Assassin's Creed...
  9. Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer: Since about a month ago, I have found that the picture previews in my OneDrive file in File Explorer have disappeared. I suspect it was after an update, but am not certain. When I try to access pictures in that file that do not have a preview, I sometimes get this message:...
  10. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer: I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge,...