Windows 10: Certain Links to in Windows Settings No Longer Functional

Discus and support Certain Links to in Windows Settings No Longer Functional in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, my laptop started doing this really weird thing, and I can't find the solution anywhere. When in Windows Settings, only some of the programs will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by figarojones, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Certain Links to in Windows Settings No Longer Functional

So, my laptop started doing this really weird thing, and I can't find the solution anywhere. When in Windows Settings, only some of the programs will open when you click the link; ie clicking 'Device Manager', 'Sound Settings', 'Additional Settings' in touchpad, etc. will do nothing. However, approximately 75% of the links still work, and I can manually open everything via run box in the start menu (Device Manager link doesn't work, but running devmgmt.msc does).

Any ideas?

:)

figarojones, Aug 18, 2017

2. G+ Hangouts - no longer functional

Hangouts works on IE but if you use Chrome as a search engine, hangouts will not work.

Klouise_852, Aug 18, 2017
  3. G+ Hangouts - no longer functional

Hi Linden,

• What exactly do you mean by non-functional?
    • Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Did you test the issue with Internet Explorer?

To understand the issue better, we request you to provide more information and we’ll be happy to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 18, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Certain Links to in Windows Settings No Longer Functional

Have you tried using the Control Panel? If nothing works, you might want to do a repair install, which will retain your account and programs installed, but repair issues that it finds.

bro67, Aug 18, 2017
  5. The links don't work in Control Panel, either (Just tried clicking Device Manager in there, and no dice).

The laptop came without a dvd drive (I do have an external), and no install disc. I'm used to the old system where you actually had to have a disc to do anything (Yeah, I know, I'm ooooollllllddddd *Smile ). Is there a way to do a repair install through startup, or do I need to make a USB install drive, or just track down a copy of a Win 10 Install disc and use it in my drive?

figarojones, Aug 18, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Always good to have the installer on a DVD or USB. Especially if you have to use dism to fix. You should be able to just do a repair/in place to fix. Personally I would just do a clean install and after you get everything you want installed, use Clonezilla or one of the other tools for backing up the hard drive to a pocket drive, which are getting really cheap these days.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Certain Links to in Windows Settings No Longer Functional

1. Certain Links to in Windows Settings No Longer Functional - Similar Threads - Certain Links Settings

2. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  3. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  4. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  5. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  6. Certain functions of windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain functions of windows apps not working: So lately I had some issues with the following apps: Microsoft Store Xbox App Windows Settings And perhaps more, but I have not found anything besides this. Microsoft Store: I can browse and login just fine, but when I want to download anything it says error, with...
  7. Windows 10 links in Windows Settings not functioning

Windows 10 links in Windows Settings not functioning: I am able to open the Windows Settings but when I open the individual settings none of the links work. I'm experiencing this after migrating Outlook onto a new computer (both machines Windows 10). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks....
  8. Windows Update no longer functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update no longer functions: I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always get error message that I cannot get updates. I tried to uninstall all updates I did on this same date, but when I tried to...
  9. bluetooth no longer functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth no longer functioning: My bluetooth function no longer works, the click tab option to engage the bluetooth function is now completely missing. Under device manager the bluetooth device has moved to the 'hidden' tab, I've run multiple troubleshoots for this issue, run searches for any and all driver...
  10. I set display setting to a certain link font color, but not work

I set display setting to a certain link font color, but not work: I set display setting to high contrast with a certain hyperlink font color to green.. [img] but it doesn't take into effect, instead always applies the unsaved theme hyperlink font color [img] an example on applied setting [img] Did anyone solve this...