Windows 10: certain programs now only work if run as administrator

Discus and support certain programs now only work if run as administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Florio, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Florio Win User

certain programs now only work if run as administrator

I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have to run these programs as administrator -- even though I have always been the administrator and no one else uses my PC.
    Is there a simple way to get all my programs to just open and do their job without having to specify that they be run with administrator privileges?*Confused

:)

Florio, Mar 23, 2016

2. Programs now must be "run as an administrator"

Hi Billion,

Thanks for your reply - I ran sfc /verifyonly this morning (it took about an hour), and in the end it reported that "Windows did not find any integrity violations".

I am on holiday now for the next ten days, so will not be able to carry out any further troubleshooting until my return, but nonetheless I'd be very grateful if you have any other suggestions you can post here that I might try on my return.

Many thanks,

Bob

Bob Kingsley, Mar 23, 2016
  3. Programs now must be "run as an administrator"

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue and sorry for the delay response.

This issue could be due to the system file is corrupt. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue also let us know the status. I recommend you to perform SFC scan, System File Checker is a utility in Windows
    that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Follow the below link on how to run SFC scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 23, 2016
Thema:

certain programs now only work if run as administrator

1. certain programs now only work if run as administrator - Similar Threads - certain programs run

2. Certain programs only working through command prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs only working through command prompt.: Recently, I've noticed that certain programs were failing to open upon double clicking them, or by right clicking and running them running as admin didn't help either. The blue loading circle would pop up for a second or two, and then just disappear without an error or...
  3. Certain programs only working through command prompt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain programs only working through command prompt.: Recently, I've noticed that certain programs were failing to open upon double clicking them, or by right clicking and running them running as admin didn't help either. The blue loading circle would pop up for a second or two, and then just disappear without an error or...
  4. "run as administrator" does now work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "run as administrator" does now work: user is admin account and under admin group. just update to ver-21H1 FROM 20h2 no help, when trying-wheel goes around 1 sec then nothing. so sfc and dism will not work since i can not run as admin. now sure what caused this problem but machine is in group of 6 and none of the...
  5. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  6. Streams program only runs when loged in as administrator

Streams program only runs when loged in as administrator: Hello all, I have a user that has a application called Streams it's a VoIP app. It was working fine for months. For some reason it will not load under the standard user. If I log in as the admin it works when I login as a standard user I get this message [ATTACH]...
  7. Programs "Run as Administrator" ONLY will not run from the Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs "Run as Administrator" ONLY will not run from the Desktop: I've just noticed this - I have a few programs that should only be run as an Admin - they have the blue/yellow shield. I In the past I right clicked and ran these from the desktop as an administrator - no problem, Now all of a sudden I find that I can only run these programs...
  8. Internet only with certain programs?

Internet only with certain programs?: I have the problem that I only have access to the internet in different applications on the pc internet like Grand Theft Auto V or skype, discord and Minecraft and everything else I can't access the internet like Rainbow six victories or my browser! Can someone help me?...
  9. How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator"

How do I change program from running only with "Run As Administrator": Windows 10 ver. 1803 I have an installed program on a client computer that will only launch if I "Run as Administrator" even though the user account belongs to the Administrator Group. How do I change this without having to uninstall the program? Thank you, 119230
  10. Unassociated file associations only running programs as administrator

Unassociated file associations only running programs as administrator: My issue revolves around encountering read/wright permissions with programs Java-based programs. I currently have installed jdk-8u65-windows-x64 on Windows 10 64-bit. Java is installed on C drive within program files. by Java-based programs reside outside the program folders...