Windows 10: Certain registry keys can’t be deleted

Discus and support Certain registry keys can’t be deleted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I’m trying to delete registry keys associated with malware, but when I try to delete them manually I get an error that says this key can’t be deleted.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alyssa479, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Alyssa479 Win User

Certain registry keys can’t be deleted

I’m trying to delete registry keys associated with malware, but when I try to delete them manually I get an error that says this key can’t be deleted. What should I do?

:)

Alyssa479, Jul 31, 2018
  2. trodas Win User

Macromedia Flash registry keys non deletable?

Hello, friends.
    On friend machine I made the mistake of installing the Adobe Macromedia Flash, instead of just depacking the installer and copy over the relevant files in Firefox plugins. As result, there are several non-deletable (regeditor refuse to delete them, CCleaner did not delete them as well) registry entries:

Certain registry keys can’t be deleted 2ebv0d2_th.gif

Both from Flash 9b and 10b versions as you can see in the image. Since regedit refuse the delete the keys AND CCleaner also refuse to delete them, I tried even the Registry Booster, yet this one did not even list them as error. If that is significant, I don't know. I just want them to "go away" and don't know how.
    Thinking about Windows PE boot, but not sure if that is safe and if that will allow well me to manipulate with registry... Is not there any other way? There is NOTHING from the flash files in Windows directory at all. All are removed/deleted. I stick with the
    flashplayer.xpt
    NPSWF32.dll
    NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
    files extracted from the install and put in Firefox / Plugins, so I will not ever install that crap again. Never did on my machine and no problemo. But in case someone do, is there a known way to fix this? Using the Adobe utility to clean up is NOT the way to do...
    Also installing new version did not seems to fix a thing.

trodas, Jul 31, 2018
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Certain registry keys can’t be deleted

How do I delete registry files?

type in regedit in the search box and press enter. Then from here on, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNLESS U KNOW WHAT UR DOING!! Go to Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Then a list of program registry keys will pop up, delete anything that is uninstalled. Make sure u backup the keys unless something goes wrong. To backup, you do: Select a group of keys on the left pane > Right click > Export > name it "whatever.reg" > save it. To import the backup, click the reg file and click "merge"

spearman914, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Certain registry keys can’t be deleted

1. Certain registry keys can’t be deleted - Similar Threads - Certain registry keys

2. Accidently delete driver registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidently delete driver registry key: I accidently deleted the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Intel\GFX. I was attempting to install opencl, which on a guide said that to be deleted and install the driver from...
  3. How to delete a registry key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a registry key: I get an error when I try do delete a registry key in regedit.exe saying "Cannot delete {...}. Error while deleting key." I found this article How to add, modify, or delete registry subkeys and values by using a .reg file. It seems to say for me to rename the key by adding...
  4. How to delete a registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a registry key: I get an error when I try do delete a registry key in regedit.exe saying "Cannot delete {...}. Error while deleting key." I found this article How to add, modify, or delete registry subkeys and values by using a .reg file. It seems to say for me to rename the key by adding...
  5. Deleted registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted registry key: I want to use my computer with WoL. But cann't doing. I search on the net, that have a registry key HKLM/System/Terminal Server/TSConnection what is make it. In my system this key isn't.Where I have to import it from?...
  6. deleted registry key

deleted registry key: i mistakenly deleted my windows update registry key, so i want to know how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-registry-key/2ac7e4bf-f806-4817-a978-89debefb6838
  7. Registry Key Deletion

Registry Key Deletion: I have a webcam that I can use on two other computers other than my main desktop. I know the problem are the Registry entires but when I try to delete Registry keys related to USB Webcams VID located in the following registry:...
  8. Safe to delete this registry key?

Safe to delete this registry key?: Hello, I'm trying to convert my user account to a local account. Can I safely delete this registry key? HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** (where "email" is my email username)...
  9. I deleted registry key.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I deleted registry key.: i deleted registry key at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RmSvc\Security because Acer Quick Access had problems with it when instaling (it was weird, is it stopped at installing cause it could not either stop/create/delete Radio Management...
  10. Deleted wrong registry keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted wrong registry keys: Just upgraded to Win10 from 7 and didn't create a restore point before I started to fix a network adapter problem. Regretting it now. Found a solution to my problem that included deleting the Config key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Error deleting user pluging registry key. Returned error was: The system cannot find the file specified. sophos

2. windows some registry key cant be deleted