Windows 10: Certificate Reputation for website owners

Discus and support Certificate Reputation for website owners in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last year, we introduced a new mechanism that Microsoft is building to better protect you against fraudulent certificates on the Web. In this blog... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Certificate Reputation for website owners

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2...te-owners.aspx

:)

Brink, Mar 9, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

certificate errors

There's nothing that you or Microsoft can do about this. Security certificates weren't invented by Microsoft. It's the website owner's responsibility to maintain their security certificate. Contact the website's owner.

BulldogXX, Mar 9, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    The security certificate issue with Microsoft Edge

That message results when you attempt to reach a secured website (https) and the internet's security mechanism for verifying the identity of a website's owner (known as the security certificate) is unable to vouch for the owner's identity.

That could mean several things: Scariest of all, it could mean that the website is now controlled by a hacker who will try to attack you if you go to that website. It could also mean that the website's legitimate owner forgot the renew their website's certificate.
    (It's typically valid for a year.) It could also mean that the browser needs to receive an updated list of root certificate authorities (that provide information on the validity of security certificates.)

There's not much you can do about this, aside from running Windows Update (to check if there is an updated list of root CA's) or possibly visiting the website with a different web browser.

This article explains the issue in more depth. It's written in the context of Internet Explorer but applies equally to
    Microsoft Edge (and all web browsers.)

BulldogXX, Mar 9, 2015
Thema:

Certificate Reputation for website owners

1. Certificate Reputation for website owners - Similar Threads - Certificate Reputation website

2. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  3. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  4. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. all website certificates called invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all website certificates called invalid: I did a full restore on my desktop and although I could connect to the internet I can not get any webpage to open. I get a message that Your connection isn't private, and the certificate is invalid. Not even Microsoft login page. And since I can't get online I can't download...
  6. IP reputation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP reputation: I do have many connections towards this IP 13.107.136.9 , which seems it related to you. Some IP reputation site consider it as bad IP S5hbl . would you please clarify it used by which apps on my PC ·...
  7. MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Website Certificate Errors: My problem is I find MS Edge does not always react the same to sites that appear to have website certificate error problems. The following two url's are basically for the same site, due to a change in the name of the government department at some or other stage. Daily...
  8. There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

in Browsers and Email
    There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.: Hey Guys, Long time since I have been here, hope you are all well. :-) When I try to log onto my Plesk control panel I am presented with the "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate." which I have always had but there used to be a link that said "I...
  9. MS Edge Problem with website security certificate

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Problem with website security certificate: Just recently Edge has been giving me an error message stating "There is a problem with this site's security certificate" when I try to log onto my work site remotely. I know the site well, have spoken to their IT department and have been assured the certificate is up to...
  10. "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate"

in Browsers and Email
    "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate": Hi, I get this: [img] when I try to go to any https address in IE or Firefox. However, Pale Moon (which I normally use) works. That means I don't know when the problem started. I've tried deleting cert8.db in my Firefox profile, and resetting IE and clearing...